41 coaches online • Server time: 11:25
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FDL only 3 spots lef...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
If you have a death on your new team would you concede, retire team, and make a new one?
Yes
6%
 6%  [ 13 ]
No
41%
 41%  [ 89 ]
Depends on the player/team/race
52%
 52%  [ 114 ]
Total Votes : 216

Jasonian

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2005 - 05:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Whats your opinion on this? If you have a death on your new team would you concede, retire team, and make a new one?
bloodyfist

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2005 - 05:36 Reply with quote Back to top

check my skaven team, "Lightspeed", they had 5 linerats and a gutter ripped not mentioning what the apot healed just in the 5 first games left alone... they did 4W/0T/1L in those games. As of now they got a 16 roster, an allright overall record and i had to fire a player to hire the big rat ogre star in order to lose some cash. So i would say no... one death first game is no excuse to give up a team Razz
Jasonian

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2005 - 05:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Why would you want to continue with a team that loses players in the 1st game when you can just as easily remake them and try again wtih a full roster? Unless they got some serious spps in the game I don't see why anyone would want to. As a personal rule, if anyone gets messed up in the first 3 games of a team I just retire and start again.
Flynn

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2005 - 06:05 Reply with quote Back to top

i voted for depends on the player/team/race, also i wouldnt concede, i might make a new team after the game if it decimates the team, but again it depends

also, to jasonian, the reason not to do what you are doing is that it uses up all the good team names faster.
Every retired team retains its team name and has to because it has a whole bunch of stats on it that fumbbl keeps for the populace.
i personally have retired too many teams, but to have a rule to retire a team if it suffers one injury in the first three games is over the top and wasteful of team names

Goodbye Cusi
Gertwise

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2005 - 06:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Cause you made up some really kick ass team name and you can't take it again if you reture them.

About the only time I would consider doing it is if it was some pricey player and even then it's a maybe.
Kou

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2005 - 06:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Nah, I'm too stubborn to retire a team that easy. Except for my Nurglings. Retired them after one because I absoloutly suck with them.
Jasonian

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2005 - 06:12 Reply with quote Back to top

A name is just a name. No big deal. Also, why not give the option to delete teams then so you can reuse the same name?

Also, how is that wasteful?

Also 2, I concede at that point because I don't have any reason to continue the game if I am going to retire the team afterwards.
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2005 - 06:58 Reply with quote Back to top

i rarely retire my teams... i tend to think of a name or a fluff concept and stick with them... I have retire a couple of skaven teams that got messed up, but not because of one death in game 1.
danielcollins

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2005 - 07:24 Reply with quote Back to top

It all depends on what race/player it is.

If I had a wood elf team and the wardancer died first game, or a rat ogre in a skaven team, then I'd be restarting them unless I earned some serious winnings.
Shinan

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2005 - 08:39 Reply with quote Back to top

It depends on the player. I'd NEVER do it but I know players who would 8^)

In fact I'm proud to say that in my whole fumbbling career I've never retired a single team (although as soon as one of them tournaments come to an end I'll retire my first...), it may be a strange thing to be proud of but anyways.

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2005 - 08:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I won't give up easily, retirement isn't an option.

Well my Lizies (Suomustajat) got 1/5/1 in their first game and then 0/1/1 on 2nd giving them
a dead krox, dead skink, nigled sauri and on 3rd game another dead skink.
Team got -2FF , well atleast total of 170k from those 3 games.

Now they have played 39 games since those days and are in good shape
Hammerhiem

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2005 - 09:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I've done it 3 times.

Once with a CD team that lost a Bull, once with a Pro elf team with 3 MNG in the first half, Once with a HElf after 2 deaths in 5 turns.

Each time the replacement team worked great and justifed my decision.

arghh bumflaps , another fumble. Why can't these Gobbo's just pick the ball up?
Tinkywinky

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2005 - 09:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Look at the development of this team:
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=development&team_id=133558

It took me seven games to get them off the ground (get past 100tr) but they still have a winning record and was a lot of fun to play with.

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2005 - 10:11 Reply with quote Back to top

It also helps teach you how to play man down in a place that isn't as deadly to do so as later on in a teams development.

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2005 - 10:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Jasonian wrote:
A name is just a name. No big deal. Also, why not give the option to delete teams then so you can reuse the same name?

Also, how is that wasteful?

Thrall wrote:
Every retired team retains its team name and has to because it has a whole bunch of stats on it that fumbbl keeps for the populace.

Goodbye Cusi
 Jump to: