32 coaches online • Server time: 12:17
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FDL only 3 spots lef...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
If you have a death on your new team would you concede, retire team, and make a new one?
Yes
6%
 6%  [ 13 ]
No
41%
 41%  [ 89 ]
Depends on the player/team/race
52%
 52%  [ 114 ]
Total Votes : 216

Vero

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2005 - 10:52 Reply with quote Back to top

[official version]The rules state that ranked is a competetive division so I must make the best team I can, if the team get's worse than a starting team of course I just start a new one.[/official version]

[True version]Heck no on most cases.[/True version]
Funso

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2005 - 11:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I would retire them, unless there was a good reason not to. A good reason being lots fo cash to replace the dead.

I would also consider retiring them if the get a MNG-niggle.

As for names, if you use a name which is not important to you, then why does it matter. Just pick a name at random, don;t put alot of thought into it.
xlars

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2005 - 12:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Conceading just help the choach who just caused an injurie to your team. I almost never conceade, if for nothing then for anoying the opponent.
/XL

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2005 - 12:18 Reply with quote Back to top

always carry on... never back down.. retreat is not an option... rebuilding spirit is a quality that every good bb coach should have..

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2005 - 12:49 Reply with quote Back to top

In my oppinion you are not mutch of a BB coach if you retire your team just because your first game was bad. So I would not retire the team unless it was imposible to save. i.e. Lost about 5 players.

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2005 - 13:20 Reply with quote Back to top

retiring a team just because a player died just doesn't seem right to me, yes so the team will be weaker in its next match, but so what, i don't play so i can climb the rankings and create uber all powerful team, i play because i enjoy playing, and want to see what happens to my teams...

"Best Bar in This Street"
mstrchef13

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2005 - 13:45 Reply with quote Back to top

It depends on the team, the player, etc. I've had teams where I had a lineman die in the first game, but I got enough money to buy a replacement. On the other hand, I just retired a chaos team after game two because I suffered 4 SIs (including 2 niggles and a -av) at the hands of some rabid lizards. So, it's situational.
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2005 - 23:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Also your interest in the team. Created a team once of a race I'd never played as before, was mildly curious. Since I wasn't interested in long-term potential, I created with FF 1 and no rr's, just positionals. Before the first kickoff, a thrown stone killed one of my most expensive players. Ok, wasn't that interested in the team anyway, so conceeded right away, retired the team, created brand new skaven team, a race I know intimately and love. Played a game, had multiple RIP/niggles, but as I knew how to make the most of the team, I continued to play and won the game. THEN retired the team. Smile

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2005 - 23:40 Reply with quote Back to top

So Thrall, what if Fumbbl gave every team an id. number so that you could have repeated names?
LordSnotball

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2005 - 23:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I have a lovely Dark Elf team in a league... match 1 a lineman died (no apothecary, calculated risk). match 2 another lineman died, new apothecary failed (would retire him if i could!), and bought a new lineman.

result: 2 matches, 2 deaths, 1 new player, now down to 10. The good thing is that i'll now have a handicap in my next cpl of matches, which will be fun! doubt anymore will die for a match or two, and with a starting 9 FF its easy to replenish... and their skills... oh my! 10 dark elves with a guard, strip ball, +1ST, and 104 TR. Handicap and a superior team for this league!

The Congregation - Always Recruiting
[url=http://igolocal.net/badge.php?user_id=1949]Image [/url]
The_Mighty_Ren

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2005 - 01:55 Reply with quote Back to top

My Dark Elf team suffered a lineman RIP on the second block of the first turn of the game. But I liked the fluff.
Plus I went on to win the game.
They are [U], but conceding just seems wrong to me.
I just don't like giving up.

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2005 - 02:30 Reply with quote Back to top

2 deaths on an elf team then yes.
Shepherd

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2005 - 15:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I would never, ever concede. But I very well might retire the team.

I'm going to go suggest something on the Ideas forum about auto-deleting teams of +3 months retired and <5 games played.

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2005 - 13:37 Reply with quote Back to top

[deleted double post]

Last edited by xen7ric on %b %22, %2005 - %13:%Apr; edited 1 time in total
xen7ric

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2005 - 13:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Totally agree with Shepherd. I don't expect to ever concede a game but of course I'll retire teams if they've been destroyed.

Perhaps it comes from laying too much Skaven but I like the challenge of winning a game when you've got 2-3 players less that your opponent and unless I'm mistaken FUMBBL is for fun.. I'm not going to sulk too badly (and run away) just because I'm having a bad half.
 Jump to: