36 coaches online • Server time: 09:34
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post 7s for fummbl?goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
If you have a death on your new team would you concede, retire team, and make a new one?
Yes
6%
 6%  [ 13 ]
No
41%
 41%  [ 89 ]
Depends on the player/team/race
52%
 52%  [ 114 ]
Total Votes : 216

Vero

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2005 - 10:52 Reply with quote Back to top

[official version]The rules state that ranked is a competetive division so I must make the best team I can, if the team get's worse than a starting team of course I just start a new one.[/official version]

[True version]Heck no on most cases.[/True version]
Funso

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2005 - 11:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I would retire them, unless there was a good reason not to. A good reason being lots fo cash to replace the dead.

I would also consider retiring them if the get a MNG-niggle.

As for names, if you use a name which is not important to you, then why does it matter. Just pick a name at random, don;t put alot of thought into it.
xlars

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2005 - 12:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Conceading just help the choach who just caused an injurie to your team. I almost never conceade, if for nothing then for anoying the opponent.
/XL

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2005 - 12:18 Reply with quote Back to top

always carry on... never back down.. retreat is not an option... rebuilding spirit is a quality that every good bb coach should have..

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2005 - 12:49 Reply with quote Back to top

In my oppinion you are not mutch of a BB coach if you retire your team just because your first game was bad. So I would not retire the team unless it was imposible to save. i.e. Lost about 5 players.

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2005 - 13:20 Reply with quote Back to top

retiring a team just because a player died just doesn't seem right to me, yes so the team will be weaker in its next match, but so what, i don't play so i can climb the rankings and create uber all powerful team, i play because i enjoy playing, and want to see what happens to my teams...

"Best Bar in This Street"
mstrchef13

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2005 - 13:45 Reply with quote Back to top

It depends on the team, the player, etc. I've had teams where I had a lineman die in the first game, but I got enough money to buy a replacement. On the other hand, I just retired a chaos team after game two because I suffered 4 SIs (including 2 niggles and a -av) at the hands of some rabid lizards. So, it's situational.
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2005 - 23:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Also your interest in the team. Created a team once of a race I'd never played as before, was mildly curious. Since I wasn't interested in long-term potential, I created with FF 1 and no rr's, just positionals. Before the first kickoff, a thrown stone killed one of my most expensive players. Ok, wasn't that interested in the team anyway, so conceeded right away, retired the team, created brand new skaven team, a race I know intimately and love. Played a game, had multiple RIP/niggles, but as I knew how to make the most of the team, I continued to play and won the game. THEN retired the team. Smile

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2005 - 23:40 Reply with quote Back to top

So Thrall, what if Fumbbl gave every team an id. number so that you could have repeated names?
LordSnotball

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2005 - 23:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I have a lovely Dark Elf team in a league... match 1 a lineman died (no apothecary, calculated risk). match 2 another lineman died, new apothecary failed (would retire him if i could!), and bought a new lineman.

result: 2 matches, 2 deaths, 1 new player, now down to 10. The good thing is that i'll now have a handicap in my next cpl of matches, which will be fun! doubt anymore will die for a match or two, and with a starting 9 FF its easy to replenish... and their skills... oh my! 10 dark elves with a guard, strip ball, +1ST, and 104 TR. Handicap and a superior team for this league!

The Congregation - Always Recruiting
[url=http://igolocal.net/badge.php?user_id=1949]Image [/url]
The_Mighty_Ren

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2005 - 01:55 Reply with quote Back to top

My Dark Elf team suffered a lineman RIP on the second block of the first turn of the game. But I liked the fluff.
Plus I went on to win the game.
They are [U], but conceding just seems wrong to me.
I just don't like giving up.

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2005 - 02:30 Reply with quote Back to top

2 deaths on an elf team then yes.
Shepherd

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2005 - 15:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I would never, ever concede. But I very well might retire the team.

I'm going to go suggest something on the Ideas forum about auto-deleting teams of +3 months retired and <5 games played.

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2005 - 13:37 Reply with quote Back to top

[deleted double post]

Last edited by xen7ric on %b %22, %2005 - %13:%Apr; edited 1 time in total
xen7ric

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2005 - 13:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Totally agree with Shepherd. I don't expect to ever concede a game but of course I'll retire teams if they've been destroyed.

Perhaps it comes from laying too much Skaven but I like the challenge of winning a game when you've got 2-3 players less that your opponent and unless I'm mistaken FUMBBL is for fun.. I'm not going to sulk too badly (and run away) just because I'm having a bad half.
 Jump to: