38 coaches online • Server time: 00:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
If you have a death on your new team would you concede, retire team, and make a new one?
Yes
6%
 6%  [ 13 ]
No
41%
 41%  [ 89 ]
Depends on the player/team/race
52%
 52%  [ 114 ]
Total Votes : 216

Muyske

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2005 - 13:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Finish the game, no mather what then retire and then make a new team. that's what i do
Kyyberi

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2005 - 14:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, there are coaches who just think about the competitive side of Blood Bowl and teams. And then there are coaches who think about the fluff and such.

Every time I make a team, I spend quite long time to think about the subject of what the team is based on. 3 of my team are based on NFL teams, so it's not that hard to think about the names or logo for those. But still, I think which names goes to which positions etc. I always think about the fluff on the team, I just hate teams without any. And I do make logos for all my teams, just to make them a little special and unique. And if I have made a team, and at the first game someone dies, so what? That's Blood Bowl.

I know it takes few games to replace that player, and someone might get killed on the next game. So what? I'm not trying to make TR200+ team as quick as possible, so what's the rush? Don't have 11 players? So what. At some point you just have to play outnumbered, and it's good to practise it as much as possible. Unless you are such a bad coach that you give up saying "oh, he has 2 players more than me, I CAN'T win..."

It's hard to play with less players, but a win or tie with them feels quite good Smile

edit: And I NEVER will concede. As someone said, if you can't accept losing, then don't play. In Blood Bowl, if you can't accept and deal with casualties, don't play. They will occur at some point. If it's the first game, so be it. You'll never know what's going to happen. I've seen so many radical changes in luck, that I get shivers for just to think about them.

"The only thing worse than losing is quitting"

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2005 - 10:41 Reply with quote Back to top

The only reason to keep a team like that is because you LOVE that team name.
keggiemckill

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2005 - 10:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I try and put a little heart into every team name, and every player name on that team. I don't like retireing a team unless they are no more fun to play with. I try to give atleast 10 games to show thier worthy. I find it hard to think of worthy concepts, and I hate nameing new players at the start. I guess thats why I get upset when a player dies. Its alaways the good names that die right away also.

Jeffro
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2005 - 11:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I voted NO.
Because I would never concede because of a death. For retiring/starting over it depends on the teams and the players. When I start a lizzie-team and lose 2 sauri first game with not enough cash to replace anything, there is no use going on.

There is a certain point after that a team isnĀ“t viable any more. It differs among the races, but usually I restart when I get 1 death and 1 stats-decreasing SI OR 3+ permanent SI.
vanGorn

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2005 - 13:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Look at that match!
My wood elf team lost two players, the opponent's orcs one.
I kept the team for nine further matches until I needed the unranked slot for a new tournament team. But many of those matches became awful beatings where my team had no real chance.

mstrchef13

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2005 - 16:10 Reply with quote Back to top

In the game I talked about earlier, I told the lizzie coach about turn 3 of the 2nd half that I was going to retire the team after the game. I also told him that I wasn't going to lay down, I was still going to try. After the game he thanked me for not conceding and I felt much better.

Since that team was something I spent some time on to create an interesting concept, I recreated the team and kept the concept, just added a "II" to the end of the team name. Nothing says you can't do that, so if you like your fluff then keep it. You can even add to it, saying something like the new team is out to fight for the honor of the originals who were decimated at the hands of the filthy <insert opposition here>.

But, I'd keep going if I could. Retiring teams with 1 or 2 games is different than retiring teams with 25 games. Since I've never had a team get that many games, I'd keep trying.
canaries

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2005 - 16:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I do retire my woodies or other kinds of elves if the wd or blitzer dies in the first game, takes so long to get a full team for those in any case. as for others, just dig in
LordSnotball

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2005 - 18:50 Reply with quote Back to top

if u have low fan factor, no apothecary, u get low earnings, and lose a positional player, its understandable to retire the team... especially if u started with just 1-2 positional players!

most teams start off with more positional players than elves do, so elves tend to retire more after the first match... to expensive otherwise!

The Congregation - Always Recruiting
[url=http://igolocal.net/badge.php?user_id=1949]Image [/url]
 Jump to: