70 coaches online • Server time: 23:23
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
paulhicks

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2005 - 18:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok so any of you whove been around for a while will probably have noticed like i have that theres less and less of the old names around than there was a few months ago.
theres always been players leaving, real life does somtimes interupt our fun, but now theres a new threat:

WORLD OF WARCRAFT

now dont get me wrong its a great game. i have to fight the urge to buy it myself. but many of us know coaches who have bought it then suddenly dissapeared from the forums, chat and never even access the site anymore to check messages.
its like an evil cult has taken over their lives.

now ive seen some of these players get into other games like this before but never to the degree that they disapear from fumbbl so utterly.

so i thought it might be a nice tribute to "the fallen" to make a list of those familiar faces we dont see around so often.

heres my list feel free to add yours:

inquisitorpustus: a personal friend who introduced me to this site and is probably best known for posting in just about every forum going. he was always around on here to ask for advice and helping out in fumbbl_accademy. just before he bought wow he was promoted to staff on the gln. now he hasnt even checked the site in over a month and spends all his time in wow.

fribbler: great fun in chat and to play against and is still occasionaly around but never for long and only when the wow server is down.

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2005 - 18:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer. You all know him. Wink

AvatarDM: Cool guy and good gorilla. Missing his good admin work.

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2005 - 18:15 Reply with quote Back to top

But World of Warcraft is not free ...

It's expensive.

I will never play this game ...
Sionis

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2005 - 18:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Not unless you a) plan to play it like a raving loon and b) pre-pay for the next 3 months... then it's somewhat reasonable. I should know.
Hammerhiem

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2005 - 18:31 Reply with quote Back to top

EQ2 Owns WoW anyway, hell EQ1 owns WoW.

arghh bumflaps , another fumble. Why can't these Gobbo's just pick the ball up?
LordSnotball

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2005 - 18:35 Reply with quote Back to top

ok... here's another aspect to consider...

most games have a duration of around 100-150 hrs. true addicts will put in around 500 before they get bored with the game. Then u have demented people (like me) who played a MUD for over 3000 hrs before finding fumbbl... (and i was considered a rookie too)

personally i find blood bowl more refreshing than computer games, and you will most probably find a lot of people disappear for 3-6 months before coming back... its called being Blood Blow Burnt!

imo, let them play, let off some steam, and they will always find their way back...

The Congregation - Always Recruiting
[url=http://igolocal.net/badge.php?user_id=1949]Image [/url]
Shinan

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2005 - 19:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Let us all join together and play a game of Blood Bowl outside the Blizzard Offices, that should teach them to go messing up fumbblers' lives.

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2005 - 19:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Fumbbl owns WoW *1000. And i just spend my last 2 months playing wow. They'll be back dont worry.

Last edited by heinz on %b %17, %2005 - %19:%Apr; edited 1 time in total
paulhicks

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2005 - 19:24 Reply with quote Back to top

naah... a simple firebombing campaign will do Laughing

DISCLAIMER: i am joking... dont blame me when you go to court

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2005 - 19:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Or rather, blame him before you pull the pin on your suicide bomber belt like I taught you. Wink

Z
Azurus

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2005 - 19:44 Reply with quote Back to top

They'll be back.

I can't blame them for going either, I probably will too once I return to the world of employment. Not WoW though, I really hate that style. Sounds like it's generally more short-lived than other MMORPGs too, maybe it's too easy or something.

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2005 - 20:05 Reply with quote Back to top

hehe they might be back sooner, than u'd expect. Blizzards done it again with hours of unannounced downservertimer on a sunday eve. Ppl are flamin the forums, and i would to but "login server down". lol.

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2005 - 20:53 Reply with quote Back to top

heinz wrote:
hehe they might be back sooner, than u'd expect. Blizzards done it again with hours of unannounced downservertimer on a sunday eve. Ppl are flamin the forums, and i would to but "login server down". lol.

They do that daily.
sehou

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2005 - 20:55 Reply with quote Back to top

BloodBowl is about strategy, which wow can't offer upfront. And i'd rather be an addict of a game that allows me to remain myself in real life. Mr. Green
Shinan

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2005 - 21:04 Reply with quote Back to top

sehou wrote:
BloodBowl is about strategy, which wow can't offer upfront.

Yeah as far as I've understood these mmorpgs are all about hacking some lowlevel monsters in the same spot for days and days and days. While Blood Bowl is actually fun 8^)