48 coaches online • Server time: 00:46
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Hammerhiem

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2005 - 21:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Yeah as far as I've understood these mmorpgs are all about hacking some lowlevel monsters in the same spot for days and days and days. While Blood Bowl is actually fun 8^)
You might aswell be talking about nuclear Fusion because you know about the same amount. which is to say nothing at all.

High level MMORPG are hugely tactical and skillful with upto 72 people acting together often with 2-3 seconds lapse of concentration by any one of 15-20 of which would lead to the deaths of everyone.

WoW is not a true MMORPG it is very much MMORPG-lite for the console crowd.

arghh bumflaps , another fumble. Why can't these Gobbo's just pick the ball up?
Colin

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2005 - 22:10 Reply with quote Back to top

paulhicks wrote:
Ok so any of you whove been around for a while will probably have noticed like i have that theres less and less of the old names around than there was a few months ago.
theres always been players leaving, real life does somtimes interupt our fun, but now theres a new threat:

WORLD OF WARCRAFT

now dont get me wrong its a great game. i have to fight the urge to buy it myself. but many of us know coaches who have bought it then suddenly dissapeared from the forums, chat and never even access the site anymore to check messages.
its like an evil cult has taken over their lives.

Damn right! Our evil cult is so much better Wink - It's free* and we give out balloons.**

*Donate or else!
**I lied about the balloons.

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2005 - 22:40 Reply with quote Back to top

On the subject of dissapearing coaches: where the Hell is Dreadclaw??At some he was ALWAYS online, now I never spot him in chat anymore......
thesquig

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2005 - 22:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I think he's moving house or something, I'm pretty sure he lost his internet connection for some reason or another, I dont think he's found a life Wink

(he'll post now just to show me up)

Wotfudboy

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2005 - 23:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Hammerhiem wrote:
EQ2 Owns WoW anyway, hell EQ1 owns WoW.

Utter utter garbage!... WoW soooo outclasses EQ2!... Just my opinion though... shared by thousands of other people I should think! Wink
paulhicks

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2005 - 23:17 Reply with quote Back to top

dreadclaw has now moved... just waiting for internet connection.
he'll be back an fouling real soon

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2005 - 00:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I been missing for a few months playing Lineage 2, just mainly for a change, something new but eventually got bored and always end up back here Smile. Sometimes need a break but Fumbbl never ends.

ruoste

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2005 - 00:26 Reply with quote Back to top

and wow must be a lousy game, you cant even foul in it. Smile
Nordmark

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2005 - 00:35 Reply with quote Back to top

ruoste wrote:
and wow must be a lousy game, you cant even foul in it. Smile

Perhaps I should play WoW Wink

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2005 - 02:08 Reply with quote Back to top

MMPORGS turn into work after the first three months.

Trust me. Maintaining your goofy fantasy life becomes a freakin' job. After a while, you realize that effectively you are paying a company to go to work for an extra eight hours a day.

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2005 - 03:23 Reply with quote Back to top

this is relevant (i promise)

Episode six, at:

this cool short movie site (them Canadians have a good, dry sense of humour).
Flynn

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2005 - 03:40 Reply with quote Back to top

/me thinks nordmark should Definitely play WoW and any other game that doesnt allow fouling

Wink

as for me i think ill stick with fumbbl for now Because those other games dont offer fouling

Twisted Evil

Goodbye Cusi
kv1z4tz

Post   Posted: May 07, 2005 - 13:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, WoW is some scary shit.. It's not only yhte people I knew at fumbbl and other places at the internet. It's my RL friends. It's goddam crazy, I'm tellin' ya. I played for a month and thought it was ok until I found that regardless of lvl it's the same grind over and over, just like any other mmorpg I've tried (Except EVE-online). But the other guys, geez.. They are all lvl 60 (max lvl) of course, but now they've begun making new chars and have ground them up to lvl 50, just because they thought the guild needed a priest or whatever. They just sit there and play - one of them has lost his job and has been thrown out of his apartment, but he couldn't care less because there's wow. The other was going to start on some education, but seems to have forgotten ever saying that after WoW beta came out.. It is truly scary and I have no idea on what to do.. I mean it's their lives, but still.. It's like 1 out of two of my friends have moved out of town, except they haven't.. They've just moved into WoW...
blitzwing

Post   Posted: May 07, 2005 - 13:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Haven't been online since I found a game called Tetris; I won't be back.

Well...actually, thats not entirely true. If I didn't ask for my account to be suspended for a year...Doh! And i have a mac so no WOW for me - DOH. I think Monkey Island might be coming out for mac sometime this year though, along with wolfenstein - fingers crossed

THE PAIN THE PAIN, I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE...fumbbl you complete me... DIE TROG, I AM COMING FOR YOU TROG, I AM COMING
Woodpecker

Post   Posted: May 07, 2005 - 13:56 Reply with quote Back to top

kv1z4tz wrote:
Yeah, WoW is some scary shit.. It's not only yhte people I knew at fumbbl and other places at the internet. It's my RL friends. It's goddam crazy, I'm tellin' ya. I played for a month and thought it was ok until I found that regardless of lvl it's the same grind over and over, just like any other mmorpg I've tried (Except EVE-online). But the other guys, geez.. They are all lvl 60 (max lvl) of course, but now they've begun making new chars and have ground them up to lvl 50, just because they thought the guild needed a priest or whatever. They just sit there and play - one of them has lost his job and has been thrown out of his apartment, but he couldn't care less because there's wow. The other was going to start on some education, but seems to have forgotten ever saying that after WoW beta came out.. It is truly scary and I have no idea on what to do.. I mean it's their lives, but still.. It's like 1 out of two of my friends have moved out of town, except they haven't.. They've just moved into WoW...

That's why I'd never touch it. It's a drug. And it's almost as bad as heroin. It ruins people's lives. It's sickening. People give up their goals in life to play a GAME. Sad
 Jump to: