18 coaches online • Server time: 06:49
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Is FF 8 a minimum for a starting [r] team ?
yes
37%
 37%  [ 66 ]
no
62%
 62%  [ 108 ]
Total Votes : 174

JanMattys

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2005 - 16:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Nah, Cloggy. My humans will tear through Chaos like butter well before turn 32. Razz

disclaimer: the words above are due to a technical problem. As soon as we get it fixed, we will release the correct version. Rolling Eyes

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2005 - 16:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I always try to get max ff from start but 8 isn´t my minimum requirement. 6 is. But hey that´s just me.

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2005 - 16:48 Reply with quote Back to top

LOL

If they can do it against chaos then they are probably more than willing to play chaos dwarves as well. My Bullying Bulls will issue a challenge soon:P

(casts Gauntlet)
Jinxed

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2005 - 16:51 Reply with quote Back to top

While I myself still think that a high FF is useful often I voted no.

If you want to create an FF1 team for whatever reason; your choice.

Dumb maybe but so what? In a free world you are entitled to dumb opinions too.

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2005 - 16:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Cloggy wrote:
Only 10k? Yeah right do the math: when you keep your team for 20 matches that is still 200k, which will buy that extra positional on elf teams PLUS a lino.

You must be a noob elf player to say that... 200K in 20 games??? well... this will not replace the 3 or 4 RIP you got in 20 games Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2005 - 17:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh yes very noob. Only about 130 games with elves so far......... Wink

And besides that, the point is that you will get 200k EXTRA, not just 200k. I find it DOES help to keep a full roster, or at least 11 guys.

(edited for whopping typo)
Sinner

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2005 - 17:10 Reply with quote Back to top

BadMrMojo wrote:
JanMattys wrote:
I ask here cause it seems on topic. Casualties caused by a foul count in the +1 FF roll?

Yes. As do crowd pushes, failed dodges and GFIs, DBR*, etc... It's the only thing they count for, but FF is based upon the number of CAS the other guys received, rather than the number that you directly caused.

Why? Same reason that the rule of 1 and 6 doesn't apply. It's just funny that way.

* - Death By Rock. Smile

Wrong. Only casualties that count for SPP do count for the FF modifier

LRB4.0 Q+A wrote:
Q: Does the +1 for inflicting 2 or more casualties on the Fan factor table mean any injuries caused or casualties only caused by
Blocks as in gaining SPPs?
A: Only casualties that count for SPPs.

So obviously the client is wrong

Post 22 Posted: Apr 26, 2005 - 17:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I am genuinely surprised so many (50% atm) of the people would want to FORCE their opinions on others?

Have you ever heard of the idea of 'freedom'? Shocked

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2005 - 17:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Cloggy wrote:

And besides that, the point is that you will get 200k EXTRA, not just 200k.
(edited for whopping typo)

Actually...the point is you MAY get a little extra...there are NO guarentees in the tawdry world of kick-backs and Ref bribes Wink And that so called "extra" is not earning interest. Most teams won't carry that much cash anyway due to inflated TR. Cash is basically a 3 game propisition at most. Money earned today won't be there 20 games from now..esp if you are blowing it on wizards Wink

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2005 - 17:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Jinxed wrote:
I am genuinely surprised so many (50% atm) of the people would want to FORCE their opinions on others?

Have you ever heard of the idea of 'freedom'? Shocked

I think it is more a case of "inflicting" their opinion...not forcing.

And I suppose you now want us all to join up for this "freedom" thing Wink

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2005 - 17:48 Reply with quote Back to top

As development is irrelevant in ranked the only thing that matters is to have a good a team as possible for the next match and a human team with 4rr and 3 FF is definitely better than one with 3RR 8FF. The money difference isn't huge and if your players get smashed just play other teams that are busted up.
mstrchef13

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2005 - 17:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I voted no. The minimum FF is 0. That's stupid, IMHO, but it is allowable. A reasonable *starting* FF is 5+, also IMHO.
banana_fish900

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2005 - 18:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Cloggy wrote:
Only 10k? Yeah right do the math: when you keep your team for 20 matches that is still 200k, which will buy that extra positional on elf teams PLUS a lino.

I'm with Cloggy on this one, but for me the question about starting FF is quite literal. I'm not looking for another player after my first game, I'm looking for 50k for an appo. I pony up the dollars for FF up front, and I'm looking for an opponent who did the same.

Now if you want to start with low FF that's fine, I'm sure you can find some games but don't be surprised when you get turned down because of FF. That said, I don't think a whole lot of people are suprised. In all of the low FF denials I've done, I only had one person who was shocked and he was brand-new to the site. I think the economics of moving from tabletop where you have a handful of opponents to online where you have a lot more potential opponents surprise people at first.
Eddy

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2005 - 18:43 Reply with quote Back to top

foul cas don't (or at least shouldn't) count for ff bonus.

as for FF: 5-6 might be ok for bashy/cheap teams (dwarves, necros, khemrti for example), 7+ in general.

anything under 4 is a mathematically proven waste ^^

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2005 - 19:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Until yesterday, I hav never made a team with FF lower then 9. And that was my faction team, who has 8. Razz (with exeption for my 4vs4 teams)
 Jump to: