49 coaches online • Server time: 17:01
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Is FF 8 a minimum for a starting [r] team ?
yes
37%
 37%  [ 66 ]
no
62%
 62%  [ 108 ]
Total Votes : 174

mstrchef13

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2005 - 20:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I usually go with 7+, depending on how the money works itself out. Of course, that doesn't always work, either. I've had games where I had FF 7+ and opponent did also, we drew 40000 fans and I got $20k. Such is life/blood bowl, I suppose.
origami

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2005 - 20:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Once the client switches back to the old "Get the Ref", there will another very good reason to have a high FF...especially for bashy teams like Khemri.
TheLegend

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2005 - 21:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Since the rules review, fan factor has become severely less important. And in terms of money, it takes 6 ff to knock you down a winnings bracket (i.e. starting with ff3 you would earn 10k per game less than a team that starts with ff9). I obviously voted no in the poll. FF4 is just as good as FF9, but I'll start with less than that if there's a good reason

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2005 - 21:32 Reply with quote Back to top

The_Legend wrote:
Since the rules review, fan factor has become severely less important. And in terms of money, it takes 6 ff to knock you down a winnings bracket (i.e. starting with ff3 you would earn 10k per game less than a team that starts with ff9). I obviously voted no in the poll. FF4 is just as good as FF9, but I'll start with less than that if there's a good reason

FF4 is NOT just as good as FF9 moneywise.
FF4 will average a 14k gate (for your team only), while a FF9 will average 31,5k. Each 20k will give you +1 on your income roll, which is 10k.
20k fans => 10k gold
3,5k fans => 1667 gold
1 FF => averagely 1667 gold more* per match

*more: As in you wont get 6*FF gold, but each FF will give you +1667 gold averagely over many games. Your TR will of course also pull the number down (but not the FF advantage).

So a new team with FF9 will make 8333 gold more than a team with FF4 in their first game. Means that 1/6 matches they'll get the same (if they roll the same, and have the same +'s (win/Cas/TD's)), and in 5/6 matches the FF9 team would get 10k more.
thesquig

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2005 - 21:52 Reply with quote Back to top

The_Legend wrote:

I guess the kickoff table is unimportant? I think it is important to win these rolls, also as someone mentioned since get the ref is reverting back to the old version, where only one teams gets the ref.

Also when you reach high TR, if you dont have much FF and you find yourself loosing a few games you could find yourself with so little FF.

A drawback to FF however is that it adds to your TR, and if your FF does not affect a game significantly then you are at a loss, slightly.

Mr_QB

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2005 - 23:23 Reply with quote Back to top

well i say that it needs to be at least 7 to make a team work properly a to get a decent income, but maybe that's because i usually play elves

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2005 - 23:33 Reply with quote Back to top

For me I find that Fan Factor can help only so much. I mean even if I win and get my 2+ TD, and 2+ Cas I still don't gain a FF. So I agree with all those who say Bah to the Fan Factor nazis. Who cares if you havea 300+ TR team with only a 10 fan factor.
Shepherd

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2005 - 23:52 Reply with quote Back to top

In long-term play, a team that needs less money (dwarves) have much more incentive to get low FF, just to stick it to the teams that need tons of money (elves). With slightly cheaper positionals, comparatively indestructible players and insanely cheap RR, it's to the dwarves' advantage to keep all-over earnings low.

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2005 - 00:03 Reply with quote Back to top

on a ff of 10 its often deprimating hard to increase....
else ff ist really cheap so maybe... a ff of 9 would be usefull... but if you just take a ff of 8... why shouldnt you take one of 7 ..if you play for a while with a regular winning stat... it propapbly will end with a ff of circa 9 or 10
Eddy

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2005 - 00:16 Reply with quote Back to top

@Glimmer
you don't seem to understand: you don't need your FF to end up at 10 after plenty of games. you want it to have been always high because:
- it gave you more money on all these games
- you stated yourself it was hard to increase past 10, so why waste all those good natural 6 on FF to raise your FF to 9 when they could be used to raise it above 10 ? =)

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2005 - 00:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I voted no, I do not think FF is all that important in the beginning of a team, unless you have to worry about losing players really bad. For me, I normally only go for FF of maybe 5 at the begining of a team. But to each his own.
Eddy

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2005 - 13:48 Reply with quote Back to top

yup, and look at your teams =P the only non-bashy is skaven, and they are not really in a good shape Wink

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2005 - 13:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm... I do remember when the fouls could boost your ff easily, my ranked gobbos used to have ff of 23 at some point, but if you start with a low ff and play well, over time your ff will rise. I usually start with a ff of 6-8, 9 if I have the cash. And if you're playing stunty, you can start with a very low ff, because you'll almost always get the +1 modifier for cas on your ff roll. And if you win more than 50% of your games and sometimes even score 2+ TDs, your ff will rise to around 20 in the long run.
LordSnotball

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2005 - 14:38 Reply with quote Back to top

yup... long-term good performance benefits your team more than buying the FF early... on the other hand, if u don't like niggling players, you need the income to replace them... once the team passes 150 TR u start picking them up, so plan in advance!

The Congregation - Always Recruiting
[url=http://igolocal.net/badge.php?user_id=1949]Image [/url]
Muyske

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2005 - 14:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I always try to start with ff8 or 9, I'll occasionally go with 7 if i prefer a positional player from day one over that extra ff, but i wouldn't mind setting the minimum at 7. I refuse to play ff 1,2,3.. whatever teams
 Jump to: