40 coaches online • Server time: 03:02
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Who sould be inducted into the FUMBBL Hall of Fame in the Builder Category?
BadMrMojo
4%
 4%  [ 10 ]
Christer
37%
 37%  [ 78 ]
Colin
0%
 0%  [ 2 ]
Cusi
4%
 4%  [ 9 ]
Grumbledook
1%
 1%  [ 3 ]
Lord_Splutticus
1%
 1%  [ 3 ]
Mr-Klipp
2%
 2%  [ 5 ]
SkiJunkie
29%
 29%  [ 62 ]
Trog
1%
 1%  [ 4 ]
Twahn
15%
 15%  [ 32 ]
Total Votes : 208

Nordmark

Post   Posted: May 01, 2005 - 13:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer. But I would like a second vote and give it to SkiJunkie. Thet both deserves it.

Post   Posted: May 01, 2005 - 15:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Twahn wrote:
Who in the world put me in this list!?! Far out... Smile

Exactly what I thought. I'll be surprised if I get a single vote - there are much more worthy recipients. Nevertheless, I'm honoured just to be making up the numbers Smile

Tbh, I thought SkiJunkie and Christer would be automatic inductees. As for my vote - I still haven't decided.

Edit: You only realise how important someone was when they're gone, and Cusi is much missed. For contributions to the GLN, User Guide, helping noobs and most of all to the spirit of friendliness everyone knew him for, and the standard that sets for the rest of us to strive towards, I vote for Cusi.

I wish I had a few more votes....

Edit 2: Someone did vote for me! Wonders will never cease...

Last edited by Colin on %b %18, %2005 - %00:%May; edited 3 times in total
gorritakid

Post   Posted: May 01, 2005 - 15:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Cusi.
gorritakid

Post   Posted: May 01, 2005 - 15:56 Reply with quote Back to top

And Christer, Klipp, SkiJunkie. And BMM and Colin for the user guide. And Trog has a hose. And why isn't the troll there. mmmm I think I could use some more votes =)
DoubleSkulls

Post   Posted: May 02, 2005 - 10:39 Reply with quote Back to top

No disrespect to any of the nominees but I think Christer & Ski should be automatically in the HoF. There wouldn't be a FUMBBL without them.

Put them in, then have a vote among the other very worthy candidates to join them.

Post   Posted: May 02, 2005 - 10:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm with DoubleSkulls as it would be hard to have a Fumbbl Hall of Fame without the Fumbbl builder in it and no fumbbl with out java Bloodbowl,
I voted for Twahn but under the belief that Christer and Ski should be automatic

Post   Posted: May 03, 2005 - 02:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Twahn!

Ever since i joined SWL i've never even considered playing ranked or unranked ever again, and i was playing 50-100games ranked per month when i started. SWL is the best, thanking you muchly Twahn.
Csonti

Post   Posted: May 03, 2005 - 08:53 Reply with quote Back to top

It's not fair. SkiJunkie and Christer MUST be in the first place together.
I guess I need to create a new nick to vote for both of them. Very Happy
Christer

Post   Posted: May 16, 2005 - 06:32
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I'd say that including me and SkiJunkie in this vote is... well.. unecessary. Both of us have done an enormous amount of work with the client and the site, making us two the pretty much obvious votes.

I'd suggest to leave me and SkiJunkie out as options as it pretty much destroys other people's chance to be voted for. FUMBBL is where it is today due to a large number of people and I'm sure that both SkiJunkie and I have had enough time in the spotlight. Smile
Lord_Splutticus

Post   Posted: May 16, 2005 - 07:25 Reply with quote Back to top

DoubleSkulls wrote:
No disrespect to any of the nominees but I think Christer & Ski should be automatically in the HoF. There wouldn't be a FUMBBL without them.

Put them in, then have a vote among the other very worthy candidates to join them.

I agree wholeheartedly, induct Christer and Skijunkie automatically, they are the creator-gods of FUMBBL (I guess along with Jervis Johnson) and we should all not only praise and honor them in our personal shrines at home, but also in the Hall of Fame. Nobody can take the Hall of Fame seriously if it doesn't have them in it, so put them in and (warning, Monty Python quote coming up!) "GET ON WITH IT !!!!!!".
So to summarize, put them in and organize a new vote in the same category, or in any of the other categories; I can't imagine that anyone would object to this logical course of events...

Oh and Evo, thanks for this great initiative !

Post   Posted: May 16, 2005 - 14:19 Reply with quote Back to top

can I have my vote back then? Cool
LordRummickIV

Post   Posted: May 16, 2005 - 14:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree than Christer & SkiJunkie must have all the votes. I'd like to thank BadMrMojo for making easy to the mac users to play here
Macavity

Post   Posted: May 16, 2005 - 14:54 Reply with quote Back to top

BMM is (with a bit of help from BrownRob) the reason I lasted here more than a day. Given the whole "eliminate the guys who created the place", he is my only choice.

Post   Posted: May 16, 2005 - 15:19 Reply with quote Back to top

If I could have my vote back, I'd say BMM too.

He's an ever-calming and ever-wise presence in the forum, which is (imho) one of the greatest parts of fumbbl.
I mean, I love the play, the client and all... but I really enjoy chatting around and share my points of view with the fumbblers.

So I voted Christer. But Assuming Christer and SkyJunkie as "given", BMM is my choice. For helping newbies and veterans with a good behaving model.

Post   Posted: May 16, 2005 - 18:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I was considering several choices in different categories for automatic inlcusion into the HoF. If I included 1 (or more) automatic inductions, I don't know where I would have stopped. But rather than being the sole judge of who was worthy, I decided to let every decison would go to a vote.

I wanted to create something that would hopefully outlast my involvement at FUMBBL, thus the attention to structure. Personally, I think that anyone who was nominated in the builders' category should be honoured and likely inducted into the Hall of Fame. But that will be up to the FUMBBL community to decide during future votes.

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism
Public Broadcasting?