24 coaches online • Server time: 03:07
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Jump up on a tree?goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Who sould be inducted into the FUMBBL Hall of Fame in the Players Category?
Alexander Lurkman
2%
 2%  [ 3 ]
Enjoyment
11%
 11%  [ 17 ]
Fro'de
39%
 39%  [ 58 ]
Grot Teef
6%
 6%  [ 9 ]
Hamstead
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
Helmut
8%
 8%  [ 12 ]
Kelthanus Thundercall
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
Lupino
25%
 25%  [ 37 ]
Punter
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
Reverend "The Thing" Carson S. Cepants
5%
 5%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 148

EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2005 - 23:22 Reply with quote Back to top

The nominations have been gathered and evaluated by the staff of the Hall of Fame. Here's the list (in alpahabetical order) of the Top 10 Players. Voting will begin on May 1st and run for the whole month.

I've included a brief comment indicating why each Player was selected. Additional comments/lobbying are welcome at any time. They will be compiled to create a suitable entry in the Hall of Fame for those who are inducted.

Players
Alexander Lurkman from the Terrifying Anarchists of Nagaroth (300 completions AND 10 Ints)
Enjoyment from Deathergerbils Revenge (224 casualties!)
Fro'de from My 11 Thugz (unbelievable accomplishment)
Grot Teef from the Grotty Little Wankers (The Original Big Guy killing machine)
Hamstead from the Mad Moot Exiles (A true [S]tunty star)
Helmut from Help Us (unforgettable stunty gamestealer)
Kelthanus Thundercall from the Athel Loren Guardians (first player to get at least 1 comp, it, cas and MVP in one game)
Lupino from Via Canada (truly has the right stuff- 145 TDs most of which while being tossed)
Punter from the Bhaggy Greens (Faction intercpetion master)
Reverend "The Thing" Carson S. Cepants from the Disgruntled Evangelists (Scoring and Killing Machine)

Last edited by EvolveToAnarchism on %b %01, %2005 - %21:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: May 01, 2005 - 04:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Vote Now!

Post   Posted: May 01, 2005 - 04:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Vote Often!!!... er... I mean... now

Post   Posted: May 01, 2005 - 05:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Just my own personal bias, speaking... but anyone not voting for Fro'de, Grot Teef or Helmut should be keelhauled. Smile

We all sat around and watched Fro'de's climb to 1000 SPPs. We all feared facing off against Grot Teef. We all watched Helmut scramble his way to the top of the charts against much larger competition back when the Top 10 list was first implemented.

All three truly represent exactly what this is all about, if you ask me.

Now which one... Hmm...

Post   Posted: May 01, 2005 - 05:23 Reply with quote Back to top

BadMrMojo wrote:
Just my own personal bias, speaking... but anyone not voting for Fro'de, Grot Teef or Helmut should be keelhauled. Smile

All three truly represent exactly what this is all about, if you ask me.

I'm sorry, but can't see how you put in Helmut, a stunty goblin over Enjoyment...

Enjoyment did a record 9 CAS's against me and it was a display that I will long remember. He scored 224 ranked casualties... he gets my vote Smile
thmbscrws

Post   Posted: May 01, 2005 - 05:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Enjoyment survived 158 games against almost nothing but bashy teams with dirty players spending most of his time on the ground and being the biggest target in all of fumbbl. That alone is more impressive then anything any other player has ever done in my opinion.

Post 7 Posted: May 01, 2005 - 05:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I voted for Fro'de, but I must admit that the high flying Lupino almost got it... pretty impressing in my eyes to score so many td's and being a gobbo and all. I would've expected that somebody had killed him way before that...

But all the players are truly fantastic in their own way, and the records that Fro'de holds are so awesome that I voted for him.

Long live the green fella Smile
Colin

Post   Posted: May 01, 2005 - 10:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I went for Helmut - what he acheived both on the pitch (TTM cage-busting blitzes!) and off it (only one normal skill, the rest doubles or stat increases, with only one aging result, IIRC) while playing for a Goblin team was astonishing.

Edit: Enjoyment exploited a broken skill combination which has since been fixed; it was just a matter of rolling lots of dice.

Last edited by Colin on %b %01, %2005 - %10:%May; edited 1 time in total
JanMattys

Post   Posted: May 01, 2005 - 10:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I voted Lupino.

All players here have accomplished something they should be remembered for.

But the Flying Goblin is just my favourite. Risky plays must be reckoned much more than a Piling On / RSC ST6 AV9 Chaos Warrior...
And there's little in BB more risky than a TTM touchdown.

Long Fly Lupino.
Very Happy

Last edited by JanMattys on %b %01, %2005 - %10:%May; edited 1 time in total
Trif

Post   Posted: May 01, 2005 - 10:26 Reply with quote Back to top

lupino, just for surviving long enough to score so many TD.....

"Now that's an esophagous!"
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: May 01, 2005 - 13:35 Reply with quote Back to top

mUst wrote:
3rd (player) There can be only 1 legend, and thats enjoyment (made his record in the mid of the battles and lay'ed open to MANY fouls unlike fro'de a.k.a lamer.

What mUst said in the other thread.

Although I might have considered Pikachu, had that cow been on the list as well.

I really hope that a real Blood Bowl player wins this poll rather than an artificially boosted one.
thesquig

Post   Posted: May 01, 2005 - 13:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I voted Lupino. The fact that a gobbo can be anywhere near a poll like this means that he's got to win it. Gobbos are meant to be a joke team...!

Colin

Post   Posted: May 01, 2005 - 15:29 Reply with quote Back to top

squig_87 wrote:
I voted Lupino. The fact that a gobbo can be anywhere near a poll like this means that he's got to win it. Gobbos are meant to be a joke team...!

Lupino played on an Orc team. Helmut and Grot Teef are the only players here that played on Goblin teams.

Post   Posted: May 02, 2005 - 12:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks to everybody that voted for the high-flying wonder! Colin is right, Lupino played with orcs, but you have to consider that he was thrown more than 200 times (!!!) and, even with the many skills he had, every throw and landing was a little risky....
Mezir

Post   Posted: May 08, 2005 - 13:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Helmut is the original goblin and still the best, unfortunately he lacks fame because he existed in a time when most of the people who currently frequent the site weren't around yet, so I guess he won't win this one.

But he'll always be my little hero and star, the One True Blitzer, famous for sacking elf throwers in backfield time and again to grab the ball and score after stripping it from their hands! Go Helmut! 6 3 5 7 Dodge, Stunty, Right Stuff, Block, Side Step, Strip Ball, +AG, +AG, +ST, +MA, -ma, n