51 coaches online • Server time: 15:15
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
keggiemckill

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2005 - 19:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I just played a game where ******* bought a starplayer after he asked for a game. I say anyone who does this is a coward. You are a coward because you dont try and reprisent yourself appropriately. You try and sneak a win through underhanded tactics. Fouling is not an underhanded tactic. Getting a player who has RSC and claw is not underhanded. But reprisenting yourself as one thing then horse shoeing a guy because you are a coward is a dirty thing. I can avoid RSC, and claw combos. I can avoid a team with 10 guards. I can avoid a team with 16 dirty players. But you can't avoid a guy who sneaks under your nose and buys a star player without announcing it. IT is unsportsmanlike and unterly retarded.

I am kind of miffed at fumbbl. Something like this turns me off of the whole online BB. If someone does a thing like this on table top then he WILL getsmacked upside his head. But on this he is let loose like a thief in the night. I call on Fumbbl admin to put this on thier against the rules list, or whatever it is called.
I should have skipped the game, but it had started and I don't disco dodge.

Jeffro

Last edited by keggiemckill on %b %28, %2005 - %19:%Apr; edited 1 time in total
Patonius2000

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2005 - 19:34 Reply with quote Back to top

imo if you agree to a game and you can see someone has spare cash, you have to take in to account the fact that they might use it.
odi

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2005 - 19:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Ofcourse there's one easy solution to not getting pissed off when someone buys a star after you have arranged the game, just check the oppo's tr/str, don't look at the roster, you'll never know if he had the star player when you decided to play him. Works like a charm Smile
keggiemckill

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2005 - 19:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Odi you should put your picture up as an avatar. It would make my day.

Jeffro
tassel

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2005 - 19:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Point 1 everyone will be shouting here shortly: It's legal.

I don't much like that point.

Point 2: It COULD be easily disabled? Remember the board game they called Blood bowl? When we played that you couldn't do things like this.
It could be with reasonable resources implemented that simply for looking for a game a team should be "ready", sanctioned in some secret new way. (perhaps clicking a "ready" button on the team page after the skill rolls and purchases)
bgygas

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2005 - 19:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with patonius.
it quite clearly states to expect this and not to start crying when it happens..
and buying extra players / stars doesn't always work.
i bought a deathroller and skilled him up to strength 8 with my wizard to take on a better than me khemri team but it didn't stop him
from blowing it up on the first turn with a rerolled 1 dice block.....
my opponent didn't complain before the kickoff when he saw it although i did shortly after he stomped it.
i learned my lesson..
and nearly got creamed, but it was one of the best games i've played yet.

pbanken i salute you
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2005 - 19:49 Reply with quote Back to top

you shouldnt name drop like that, id suggest you edit out the name before the admins see it...

perfectly understandable to be upset. i would be a bit gobsmacked if anyone tried that melarkey on me, fair enough i wrould be ok with an opponent asking for a game and saying they are going to hire so and so, and to give them a second. its bad etiquette but there isnt a lot we can do about these kind of people. just like t16 fouls, excessive stalling. if he does hire a star, and you still beat him, then kudos to you, your team beat a stronger team, i can only imagine the rants that would erupt if JavaBB used the card handicaps, "was it a TD?" and various other dirty tricks Smile

but one thing we cant do is go on public witchhunts... if someone started a witch hunt in a TableTop league.... well... you get my point Smile
keggiemckill

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2005 - 19:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Your right Rob. You can all see who it is on my last game played if you like. I don't think Ill play for a couple days, maybe a week. I now know it is legal. I just assumed it was illegal because of the cowardess of the whole Idea of it. I will gripe every time because the rules state I can't leave a game after starting even if it is miss apropriated. BULL SH Smile T. Extreme BULL SH Smile T!

Jeffro
Lazerus101

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2005 - 20:01 Reply with quote Back to top

In the "reality" of blood bowl. You probably wouldnt know your opponent was hiring in a star player until the game anyway. Get over it and play the game.
keggiemckill

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2005 - 20:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Well then we shouldn't get to even look at the rosters. There are game reports on the teams who you play in the future. There are rosters set before games in table top, and any sport that is orginised.

Jeffro
Slick

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2005 - 20:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe if you stopped cherrypicking your games and challenged opponents you know will whoop you like I do, you will have more fun watching your team get crushed.

PS: I know what you're thinking, you're thinking i'm some ignorant noob but I've played over 350 games and have a CR of 160 so I know what's up. I also play people like Paulhicks and Da_Todfatha. Time to grow up kids and do what i do to star players foul them... ALOT! =)

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2005 - 20:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Lazerus101 wrote:
In the "reality" of blood bowl. You probably wouldnt know your opponent was hiring in a star player until the game anyway. Get over it and play the game.

Probably? You are required to own a copy of the bloodbowl board game you know. Razz

If you did, you woudl know that both palyers hire stars/freebooters/wizards at the same time, so you CAN counter someone buying a star with buying one of your own... not here though, and there is no reason for it either other than the admin are happy with how it is.
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2005 - 20:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Slick wrote:
PS: I know what you're thinking, you're thinking i'm some ignorant noob but I've played over 350 games and have a CR of 160 so I know what's up. I also play people like Paulhicks and Da_Todfatha. Time to grow up kids and do what i do to star players foul them... ALOT! =)

hey! i played you too Wink you didnt mention the whoopin' my dark elves gave your Orcs Wink Very Happy Wink

paulhicks is a noob despite what he says Wink but he is a better noob than me Very Happy
paulhicks

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2005 - 20:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Slick wrote:
Maybe if you stopped cherrypicking your games and challenged opponents you know will whoop you like I do, you will have more fun watching your team get crushed.

*paulhicks coughs, points at his own crappy coach ranking and wonders why playing him is such a big deal

EDIT: damn you rob you got in seconds before me Laughing

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2005 - 20:34 Reply with quote Back to top

@Brownrob: even a blind man can hit a home run if he swings enough times. =)