50 coaches online • Server time: 17:49
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Bad idea? good idea?
Great idea.... youve done it again big man
50%
 50%  [ 44 ]
*sigh dull dull dull
13%
 13%  [ 12 ]
Why hasnt fatboy had his forum priveliges revoked yet?
35%
 35%  [ 31 ]
Total Votes : 87

paulhicks

Post   Posted: May 01, 2005 - 07:16 Reply with quote Back to top

O.K. so nice and simple realy:
a chatroom + group for teams that like to play uberbashy.
the idea is that it would give people who like to play this way easy access to each other as well as giving other coaches somewhere to go if:
a) you got a team you want retiring
b) you got a team you want to put to the test
c) you love to spec the violent games
d) you want an easy access list of coaches your going to avoid for ever

no points involved, no ranking nothing. just violent games for the sheer love of them. this is NOT another MU
only coaches who show a commitment to actualy putting their own teams at risk and enjoy the death of their own players almost as much as the oponents would be alowed in. i have no interest in being involved with anyone that thinks their team is tough cuz they take uber bashy teams then choose loaded games.
this also wouldnt be a group designed to promote dp or claw/rsc... just to get those teams that do take those skills to take a few more risks themselves

ok so let me know what you think

oh and name suggestions too please. so far ive got "the gauntlet" and "camp bashy"

Last edited by paulhicks on %b %01, %2005 - %07:%May; edited 1 time in total
Jasonian

Post   Posted: May 01, 2005 - 07:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Sign me up! Very Happy
paulhicks

Post   Posted: May 01, 2005 - 07:35 Reply with quote Back to top

come on people give me some feed back. if you think this is a stupid idea feel free to tell me why... i can take it (wimper wimper) Crying or Very sad Laughing

Post   Posted: May 01, 2005 - 07:44 Reply with quote Back to top

what a good idea paulhicks ! at last we can have games where we can bash, foul and hire stars without having the opp coach whining and saying " what you do is unsportsmanlike" Very Happy
i'm in Cool

a good name for every coach could be "violently happy" Wink
Uber

Post   Posted: May 01, 2005 - 08:05 Reply with quote Back to top

how about MMU? The Manglers' Mangling Union ! Wink

edit:

or how about just #BloodBowl,

as in "It's called BloodBowl" ?

suggested group slogan: "Putting the Blood in BloodBowl, one foul at a time!" or something

Post   Posted: May 01, 2005 - 08:34 Reply with quote Back to top

im loving that slogan. i'll pay you royalties if i use it Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post   Posted: May 01, 2005 - 09:24 Reply with quote Back to top

THis is ignoring that half the claw/rsc/dp teams dodge equally bashy teams anyways... Razz
paulhicks

Post   Posted: May 01, 2005 - 09:27 Reply with quote Back to top

err read the first post again

Post   Posted: May 01, 2005 - 09:28 Reply with quote Back to top

i couldn't help myself....i voted for the fatboy option... it was too tempting. seriously though, i like the idea

"Now that's an esophagous!"
paulhicks

Post   Posted: May 01, 2005 - 15:09 Reply with quote Back to top

hehe well so far a lot of people seem to think i should have my fatboy forum priveliges removed.... i might regret putting in that option if the admins decide to treat it like a petition Laughing
thanx for the feedback so far but i do need more

Post   Posted: May 01, 2005 - 15:21 Reply with quote Back to top

not only would i like you foulers of in another room i would even make a team just to play nasty with you, on the condition that there is also a elfball channel aswell for all of us dodge the nasty foulers to hide in 8op

arghh bumflaps , another fumble. Why can't these Gobbo's just pick the ball up?
JanMattys

Post   Posted: May 01, 2005 - 15:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Be aware. The Horde was not at all loved all around fumbbl. Just keep it strictly "non-competitive".

Even better, I would suggest it unranked.

Ir's a silly idea imho. Anyway, freedom is alowing others to have fun despite their silly ideas. Wink

Post   Posted: May 01, 2005 - 15:37 Reply with quote Back to top

i am well aware of feeling towards the horde. i helped in its creation and for that i am sorry. i have learnt a lot recently about the way certain coaches play bashy teams and i was starting to become like this myself. this is a completely different thing though.
first it is non competative (in terms of points etc)
second the idea is to get bashy teams to actualy take the same risks with their teams as they expect others too
and thirdly it would give everyone who just fancies a occasional bloodbath somewhere to go.

the reason it would be ranked is simple. most of the "bashy cherrypicking" has been going on there. this isnt a tourney. its not designed to promote everyone to take claw, rsc, dp etc and just try to do as much damage to opponents as possible.
its designed to get the teams that already are doing that to prove the actualy have a pair and will risk their own pixles

Post   Posted: May 01, 2005 - 15:48 Reply with quote Back to top

paulhicks wrote:
most of the "bashy cherrypicking" has been going on there.

Is there really that much bashy cherrypicking? Honestly, the only time I've been assaulted with these kinds of offers is when one of the various MUs is in session. Maybe one in ten offers I get in R is against a blatant kill-team.
mstrchef13

Post   Posted: May 01, 2005 - 15:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Unranked wouldn't make sense... it should be a haven for the current ranked teams who like to beat the crap out of each other and have difficulty getting games. Paul, you kept talking like it was a dumb idea and were waiting for the poop to hit the fan. It's a great idea. And when it's publicized, those of us who have been getting cherrypicked can say, "no thanks, go find a game on #fumbblbashy" or something like that.

And as a side benefit, those of us who like to see other people get crushed but don't want it happening to our teams can spectate a lot. Smile
 Jump to: