20 coaches online • Server time: 03:56
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post New Gnones vs Old Gn...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Bad idea? good idea?
Great idea.... youve done it again big man
50%
 50%  [ 44 ]
*sigh dull dull dull
13%
 13%  [ 12 ]
Why hasnt fatboy had his forum priveliges revoked yet?
35%
 35%  [ 31 ]
Total Votes : 87

mstrchef13

Post   Posted: May 01, 2005 - 15:53 Reply with quote Back to top

banana_fish900 wrote:
paulhicks wrote:
most of the "bashy cherrypicking" has been going on there.

Is there really that much bashy cherrypicking? Honestly, the only time I've been assaulted with these kinds of offers is when one of the various MUs is in session. Maybe one in ten offers I get in R is against a blatant kill-team.

I stopped playing my elf teams because of all the "can I play you with my +20 TR Orcs? you'll get a handicap" stuff. It happened all the time, and I don't know I ever saw a MU coach hit me up. So, hellyes, it's out there in force, especially at lower TR.
Menikmati

Post   Posted: May 01, 2005 - 16:10 Reply with quote Back to top

good idea. i was actually going to make some bad guy team just as a refreshing counterpart for my usually ball oriented gameplay. not to say i was a bit influenced by your style paul. however i had the fear of not gettin a lot of games with the specific team this way. so i kinda like it.

Post   Posted: May 01, 2005 - 17:05 Reply with quote Back to top

ok so so far the feed back seems pretty good. it'd be nice to see some more people who would join

Post   Posted: May 01, 2005 - 17:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Excellent idea, Paul. When are you going to start it? Wink
Funso

Post   Posted: May 01, 2005 - 17:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Wouldn't hurt to have a completely new division called Bashy, where scoring is exactly as it is in ranked, but with each casualty offering a points incentive.

Let them have a ranking system, but it is seperate to ranked.

Not likely to happen, but right now we have 2 pointless divisions (Ladder and Div-x, as div-x no longer is a testing ground, it has no purpose), I see no reason not to replace one with a Bash Division.

At least you know it will be a popular division, unlike Ladder, and it has a point as it serves as a competetive league for those who like a certain style.
DreadClaw

Post   Posted: May 01, 2005 - 17:29 Reply with quote Back to top

paulhicks wrote:
i am well aware of feeling towards the horde. i helped in its creation and for that i am sorry. i have learnt a lot recently about the way certain coaches play bashy teams and i was starting to become like this myself

I was one of the Princes in Kaos Hordes season one... and i left after seeing people behave like random idiots over casualties instead of winning. I like blood, getting and dishing (dishing a little more than getting) but i want to win first.

Post   Posted: May 01, 2005 - 17:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Good idea. It should be set up so that people can transfer their developed bashy teams from the other divisions.

A home for my Norse...

Last edited by Woodpecker on %b %01, %2005 - %17:%May; edited 1 time in total
paulhicks

Post   Posted: May 01, 2005 - 17:38 Reply with quote Back to top

hmmm win... i think i remember that 1 dread. has been a while though Laughing
ok... so im gonna set it up. still need name ideas though

Post   Posted: May 01, 2005 - 17:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Good idea. Call it the Cherrypickers Mangling Union.

I'd joim anywho, although I voted for the third option because I thought it would be funny to see how you would react to everyone voting that way.

I was part of the horde and left as soon as I realised I was winning games and getting anoyed about cus I hadnt killed anything.

Karhumies

Post   Posted: May 01, 2005 - 18:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Name suggestion: Cherrybashers

instead of picking the cherries, we bash them to form red goo.
Adar

Post   Posted: May 01, 2005 - 18:13 Reply with quote Back to top

It's a great idea. As long as it is non competitive would it be a great way for all the "It is called BLOODbowl" to get the kind of games they want.

Post   Posted: May 01, 2005 - 18:17 Reply with quote Back to top

This thread and the idea has been so popular that perhaps we might have two groups; ranked and unranked one?

paulhicks

Post   Posted: May 01, 2005 - 20:03 Reply with quote Back to top

ok the channel has been created: #theslaughterhouse

sry for the silly dramatic name but its just for fun

group created: http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=2423

Post   Posted: May 01, 2005 - 20:13 Reply with quote Back to top

The group doesn't need to be separated between ranked and unranked. Look at the E.L.F., there are teams from both divisions in that. We could even have stunty teams in the group for that matter. As paul said there is no scoring involved, so it's not even a competition. I think the most important part of the concept is the chatroom, where people who enjoy the blood can go to, just hang out and have some games among themselves for maximum carnage.

There's no obligation either, I'm more of an elfball fan myself, but I wouldn't mind making a team for that and having a go at it. If at some point I'm not interested anymore, I can just move along. I like the fact that it's going to be bashers vs. bashers, not bashers vs. cherry flavoured unsuspecting random coach.

Post   Posted: May 01, 2005 - 20:18 Reply with quote Back to top

the prob is not blood with bowl. personaly i would like if fouling got back in buissness. but the looses u make vs claw ect teams cant be recovered with the +1 for winning. I think the rules should beef up those teams who play ball, so the bashies would get DOWN to balance.
How long would woods last if they played half thier matches vs bashies. (there is prob someone out there with great woods only playing vs chaos, but thats just nuffle luck)
Dont know if it belongs in this list of brilliant words and crazy barbs
 Jump to: