57 coaches online • Server time: 23:46
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Do or Die - Interesting concept you would support?
Yeah! I want to retire those chaosteams with my elves!
33%
 33%  [ 32 ]
Nice concept, but noone will risk his teams.
46%
 46%  [ 44 ]
Man, you are nuts. This just sucks.
14%
 14%  [ 14 ]
Uhm.. dunno what to chose. Will post my detailed thoughts.
5%
 5%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 95

Cannonfodder

Post   Posted: May 01, 2005 - 14:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the idea but personally I'd much rather see it implemented as an optional thing in ranked

Say, a hardcore bashy team asks for a game, you say how about do or die, assuming they accept you, perhaps, go to fumbbl admin or a similer room and state that these two coachs are about to play do or die in *what ever* league with these two teams, at the end should the loser fail to deleate two *or more, or less* designated players before his next match and within 24 hours his whole team is deleated.

'These are my principals, if you dont like them, I have others.'
Menikmati

Post   Posted: May 01, 2005 - 14:26 Reply with quote Back to top

how many teams will be in the group and do i have to start a new one? and if the group is restricted to a max amount of teams, how will new teams join, since some of the older ones get lost during the 8-player-final?

Post   Posted: May 01, 2005 - 14:59 Reply with quote Back to top

This idea is really great.

The idea of it being an option, so two top teams or coaches may just agree to it would be fantastic.

Say Wutan and Paul decided to play a Do or Die match with one of their better teams that's been around a while, can you imagine the interest in that? Spectating would be assured, and who ever won, they would both gain respect.

I think its a great idea. It will never happen, but if it did, I can imagine it being the ultimate challenge.
Shintyboy

Post   Posted: May 01, 2005 - 15:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the idea. More of retiring opponents stars (leave in shame?) than teams but whatever.

It would make grudge matches real. You could offer another incentive as well like an increased gate.
paulhicks

Post   Posted: May 01, 2005 - 15:29 Reply with quote Back to top

LOL we seem to have had a similar idea at about the same time circularlogic (or at least based on the same starting problem). http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=4951
i have to agree that i am a bit distressed by the number of bashers who dont seem to be too keen on putting their own teams at risk. after all surely a bloody game is better when both teams blood is flowing. i firmly believe that everyone has the right to play how they want (within the rules) but that when someone thinks they are in someway tough cuz they take games loaded in their favour 95% of the time it just gets silly.
i kind of understand why it happens. its a crime i used to be guilty of myself (though not the calling people cherrypickers who wouldnt play me).
but, to all bashy coaches:

if your one of the people who likes bloodbowl why are you so afraid to see your own blood?

Post   Posted: May 01, 2005 - 15:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I don´t know... if I get it right, there are just bashy teams playing at your group against each other.

Here every race should play each other with similar risks of losing players.
origami

Post   Posted: May 01, 2005 - 17:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the idea, especially as an optional, "Sure, my WE will play your Chaos, but it's gotta be a Do or Die game."

I would say that retiring two players would be plenty, and reduce that by the number of RIPs caused. Otherwise, the ballplaying, low AV would still be at a disadvantage in these matches.
Karhumies

Post   Posted: May 01, 2005 - 18:15 Reply with quote Back to top

origami wrote:
I like the idea, especially as an optional, "Sure, my WE will play your Chaos, but it's gotta be a Do or Die game."

I would say that retiring two players would be plenty, and reduce that by the number of RIPs caused. Otherwise, the ballplaying, low AV would still be at a disadvantage in these matches.

Meaning the basher can not choose whom to kill but the agi player can choose whom to kick out from opponent's team? Might work, as long as only RIPs are counted in.
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: May 02, 2005 - 08:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Of course... RIPs that stayed dead.
blizzt95

Post   Posted: May 02, 2005 - 09:13 Reply with quote Back to top

maybe i'm missing something...just tired or whatever but how would you ensure that a losing coach actually retires the players? i mean what would keep them from just disregarding it?
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: May 02, 2005 - 14:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, that´s the biggest problem I see.
There might be some coaches agreeing on a "do or die"-match, losing and go on as if nothing happend. The most effective ways of stopping that are prohibited by the rules, as a public witch-hunt for "cheating" isn´t allowed.

We would need the help of an admin, who would retire the offending team, if it´s proven, that both coaches agreed on a do-or-die.
The proof could be done via postings in the forum, where one player writes a challenge and the other player accepts it. Afterwards the winner writes a matchreport and tells the names of the players he demands as a sacrifice.
Karhumies

Post   Posted: May 02, 2005 - 16:07 Reply with quote Back to top

They should rather contact an admin beforehand. If the admin has nothing better to do, he might even spec the match.

Works better than a pagan hunt afterwards.

keggiemckill

Post   Posted: May 02, 2005 - 16:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Im all for this "Do or Die" concept. Hilarious. Ill giggle about this idea all day long.

Jeffro
Arktoris

Post   Posted: May 02, 2005 - 17:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Circle,

best part of this thread was your mock banter between bashy coach and prancy coach (LOL)! I also like the idea of 2 players gone (-RIP). Would probably only work if it was coded into the game as an option (when host/client loggin). Then have it coded to be similar to the concession (where hi spp players might leave the team).

Only problem I see, usually when someone goes full out team killing mode on me...they also win the game.

Post   Posted: May 02, 2005 - 17:25 Reply with quote Back to top

i like the forum idea. why not start in right away? whoever searches a do or die in the hope for prestige may post and wait for an answer. then make a time out and enjoy the boos and cheers from the (hopefully) plenty spectators.