49 coaches online • Server time: 12:12
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post 7s for fummbl?goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
smoked_g60

Post 14 Posted: May 02, 2005 - 12:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I am just finding the real fun of stunty and the cheaters are so much fun to me.
I have noticed that they are also a pretty weak team when it comes down to it. However I really like the team and want to make sure it dosen't go away, and maybe if I try hard enough we can change them a bit.

So first, state what you think is wrong with the cheaters.
Second state some suggested fixes or just one good one.

Here is what I think is wrong with them: The bommers need to lose stunty for sure.
One other thing is that they need just a bit more strength.
Either they should get a troll, or the fanatics should have gen access.
I like the fanatics getting gen because it encourages much carnage but in a pretty random way. Fanatics rarely last very long on the pitch or on the team anyway. It is definetely the weaker team booster as the fanatics rarely see 1 skill anyway.
If the cheaters got a troll it would be a big winning booster, but might be just too powerful. That would take some of their random fun though.
I think a middle of the road power increase would be that the fanatics just get block right off the bat and no gen access.
Brother_Jaco

Post   Posted: May 02, 2005 - 12:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I love the cheaters too.

I would like more fanatics on the team, perhaps 4... insted of just 2
and perhaps an ogre...
Jinxed

Post   Posted: May 02, 2005 - 13:03 Reply with quote Back to top

The biggest problem with the cheaters is the fact that their oillegal weapons are sent off so easily.
I think it would help a lot if this was remedied somehow.
Maybe on top of G access for kickers?

Post   Posted: May 02, 2005 - 13:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Stunty skill should be removed from the bombers - I think they have, don't they?
ruoste

Post   Posted: May 02, 2005 - 13:37 Reply with quote Back to top

they should get couple lineorcs disquised as goblins Smile
Shinan

Post   Posted: May 02, 2005 - 14:38 Reply with quote Back to top

They should remove General-access from big guys Very Happy

Post   Posted: May 02, 2005 - 14:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Add a new player. 0-4 80k Stabber 6 3 3 7 Dodge Stunty Right Stuff Poisoned Dagger
Jasonian

Post   Posted: May 02, 2005 - 14:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Ooops that was supposed to be 6 2 3 7
albator2001

Post   Posted: May 02, 2005 - 14:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Some canons would be useful and funl !

To throw little guys !
Britnoth

Post   Posted: May 02, 2005 - 14:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Agreed, bombers should lose stunty to bring them in line with gnome bombers. ATM fanatics are just too poor to use them on the field.. they burn rerolls and can be sent off easily. With the new 'must field 11' rule cheaters need as many non-weapon players on the roster as possible to avoid having to field a valuable player for 1-2 turns and then losing them.

1. Bombers lose stunty.
2. Fanatics get general access (cheaters and skinks are the only teams without general).
3. Reduce reroll cost to 40k.

Cheaters are a very fun team and are quite dangerous new, but their lack of skill access and penalty rolls cripple them as they gain some TR.

PS. Adding new secreet weapons to just get even more sent off is NOT the answer.
Ash

Post   Posted: May 02, 2005 - 14:51 Reply with quote Back to top

trouble came from the rule about secret weapon...
You just have to set up a secret weapon instead of using it to be send off

Post   Posted: May 02, 2005 - 14:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with Britnoth.

Surprisingly enough, the Cheaters do better when they do not take that many secret weapons into roster. Maybe 2xChainsaw, 2xKicker, 1xBomber, 1xPogo Stick, 8-10xGoblin and possibly a freebooter Fanatic as he'll collapse and die anyway.

smoked_g60

Post   Posted: May 02, 2005 - 17:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the rule for secret weapons add one of the elements of the randomness I love about this team. Maybe it would be cool if one could but the bribe the ref for 40k a pop or something, like the chef ingredients for a fling. I think fanatuc getting gen access would be very peaky, one game you might have a mighty goblin, the next round you roll a one and that fanatic pops and you have to build back up to 6 spp, get block so on.
I agree about taking fewer secret weapons on the roster, but 2x bombers is a must. The chainsaw is nice as well but it gets killed half the time before starting.
I think that for sure
1. Stunty goes for the bombers
2. gen access for the chainsaws and fanatics
3. Reroll cost is ok I don't see change to 40k with these changes, 50k would be good.
The general access on the chainsaws and fanatics dosen't change the game a whole bunch as they get sent off very quickly. At higher tr I can see the bribe option (wizard) very necessary to keep something on the field.
I think pro, block tackle and dp are the only skills theese guys would ever see, if that. They are just like shorter lived big guys.
Another trick I would like the cheaters to use is SCORE!
A one turn option might be too much as the pogos are already there, although cannons would be fun. Maybe we can tweak them a bit so they work better, as they are really fun when working. I think one more point of mv (one less armor?) for the same price or maybe the same armor +1mv for 60k? I also like making it very long legs for added bomb re-throwing ability rather than plain mv.
I also agree that the last thing the cheaters need is more secret weapons to get sent off.
Pau

Post   Posted: May 02, 2005 - 17:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I think you don't get spp for BHing, Siing or RIPing someone with a secret weapon. If I'm right then I would like to see that changed.
Istarios

Post   Posted: May 02, 2005 - 18:20 Reply with quote Back to top

My thoughts exactly Pau. When i kill something with a bomb or chainsaw I want spp's for it. Also access to passing skills for the bombers, like the gnomes have, would be a big improvement. The thing is that at low TR the cheaters are one of the stronger teams imo, but as they near the 160 they just can't compete with the gen access big guys. The way it is now, only the regular gobbos get developed, while the main attraction, i.e. the secret weapons, remain unchanged because they don't earn spp's.

About the addition of a TTM cannon or some other ingenious way of sending the more adventurous goblin soaring through the stadium sky, I don't see the point. Why would I want to make a fast TD so all my secret weapons get send off? On the other hand, I would like to see a Goblin Doomdiver, not used to score quick TD's, but to aim the regular gobbos at the opponents players, hopefully maiming a few of them in the process. Goblin splash damage would be just the trick to break a cage Smile
 Jump to: