57 coaches online • Server time: 18:07
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What do ya think?
You lucky bastard...
9%
 9%  [ 10 ]
You cheating bastard...
47%
 47%  [ 50 ]
Hell, do what you want, its the nature of ranked
32%
 32%  [ 34 ]
I would not have been able to resist either man
10%
 10%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 105

mstrchef13

Post   Posted: May 05, 2005 - 21:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow... Wizard is multi-lingual. He can speak English and some foreign language I've never seen. I'm impressed. Smile
Macavity

Post   Posted: May 05, 2005 - 21:13 Reply with quote Back to top

mstrchef13 wrote:
There is an assumption that people new to FUMBBL have at least some experience with the actual tabletop game. So, some responsibility has to fall on the "newbie" for accepting a match with this much TR differential.

This isn't really true. Since in TT, you CAN'T pick you opponents from a wide variety, most people are happy to get any game as newbs.

Post   Posted: May 05, 2005 - 21:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Hmmm, from someone who lectured me about picking skills in a generally bloated ego fashion saying to me 'you've been told', you Wizard are clearly a very sad little man. I guess... you've been told

i think i remember that being the entire chat room recomending a skill to you and you saying how you didn't want such and such 'cause it sucked.. etc.
Who remembers that shit anyway?

So overall quite the negative response.. but not a word on cherry picking...
Did i word the topic wrong
Should it have read some thing like "Tell me what you thoguht of this game in relation to cherry picking"
Or just - bash Wizard...

Post   Posted: May 05, 2005 - 22:22 Reply with quote Back to top

what should we say more about that? Why did you played that game in R indeed?
mstrchef13

Post   Posted: May 05, 2005 - 22:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Wizard wrote:
So overall quite the negative response.. but not a word on cherry picking...
Did i word the topic wrong
Should it have read some thing like "Tell me what you thoguht of this game in relation to cherry picking"
Or just - bash Wizard...

As I see it, there are two types of cherry picking. One, which you did, is playing down a significant amount of TR with no reduction in your own TS to make it a fair game (because we all know how valuable those handicaps are). The second is playing games exclusively where you have an advantage in races, the whole "bashy vs. elves" argument.

Cherry picking sucks, but the pickee has to allow it to happen.
LordSnotball

Post   Posted: May 05, 2005 - 22:50 Reply with quote Back to top

as long as u explain to your opponent b4 what coach ratings mean, and that the lower it is indicates the higher your position *wink* most new players will enjoy the odd rough match for diversity, but after a few matches would like to win won too i think!

rule of thumb - let new players win a match or come close to it... if not possible, let them score a td, and tell em they r learning! the funny thing is, they will always appreciate it, remember you, and come back to destroy u later!

The Congregation - Always Recruiting
[url=http://igolocal.net/badge.php?user_id=1949]Image [/url]
Gumbo

Post   Posted: May 05, 2005 - 23:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Wizard: No that conversation was about taking skills possibly other than +ST, i explained there are some examples where +ST might not be as beneficial to a player as a certain double allowance. You decided to state ' ST beats everything, you've been told', which i found **edited** rude. This thread just underlines your pathetic attitude, and shouldn't be justified as all your really doing is showing off a stupid game you played in which you pounded a newbie in an unfair game. *Clap clap* grab that man a medal, then shove it where the sun don't shine so we don't have to hear any more of his inconsequential drivel pouring forth

Last edited by Gumbo on %b %05, %2005 - %23:%May; edited 1 time in total
Frankie

Post   Posted: May 05, 2005 - 23:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Wizard wrote:
I challenged him as a joke,

Poor sense of humour... Rolling Eyes
Macavity

Post   Posted: May 05, 2005 - 23:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Gumbo, edit your own swearing out before it is done for you, please

Post   Posted: May 05, 2005 - 23:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Lets not get personal guys. You got a problem PM him Smile

As for +ST. I might not take it on a treeman... or someone who already rolled 2 +st Very Happy.

Gumbo

Post   Posted: May 05, 2005 - 23:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Ive got a problem with this thread, im just highlighting the sort of person its come from. If i had a problem with someone i respected, i would of course PM them. For anyone else unconnected with my comments i apologise if my comments offend, but i say what i feel, and not even a ban would make me change them. Peace..

Post   Posted: May 05, 2005 - 23:33 Reply with quote Back to top

peace. But edit your post, please. You can express anger and frustration, even insults freely, I don't ant the swears. Do it as a favour to me, if nothing else. Actually, Wizard, I noticed you could do the same.

Post   Posted: May 05, 2005 - 23:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow - this gumbo dude sure dosn't like me...
Chill dude, its a game

The idea was not to brag, who posts a match like that to brag?
It was actually meant to make me look like a pickin mofo, and i was just interested in the thoughts of others...

as for the st thing? how the f do you remember crap like that?
I was very possible under the influnce of something, and i was probably just stating a blunt view

Consider this an apology.....

Once again, follow the example of john lennon dude
all im sayin, is give peace a chance

Last edited by Wizard on %b %05, %2005 - %23:%May; edited 2 times in total
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: May 05, 2005 - 23:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I ve got account blocked for having said "I must be a f***king freak" and I didn't tell that to someone else than myself so yes, yes should edit the post. Wink
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: May 05, 2005 - 23:38 Reply with quote Back to top

someway Wizard must have feel bad about the cherrypicking he did. Why else having post that here?
 Jump to: