30 coaches online • Server time: 09:18
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FDL only 3 spots lef...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What do ya think?
You lucky bastard...
9%
 9%  [ 10 ]
You cheating bastard...
47%
 47%  [ 50 ]
Hell, do what you want, its the nature of ranked
32%
 32%  [ 34 ]
I would not have been able to resist either man
10%
 10%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 105

Gumbo

Post   Posted: May 05, 2005 - 23:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Fine, i can dig that

Post   Posted: May 05, 2005 - 23:45 Reply with quote Back to top

NO HE DID AGAIN!!!!!!!!

147 vs 137 against a guy that played 7 games. But he lost 4-0 :p

Hey don't you know another "wizard" that has the same technique? Have you visited the Orthanc Tower?
Wizard

Post   Posted: May 05, 2005 - 23:46 Reply with quote Back to top

??? i was 2 mummys and skell down...
i always just ask guys within 10tr on gamefinder..
is that a crime?

maybe check the team st of that game

Post   Posted: May 05, 2005 - 23:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you very much Gumbo.

Post   Posted: May 05, 2005 - 23:58 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:
Coaches are expected to play reasonably balanced games. Play against lower rated teams is allowed, but should not be abused. It is understood that sometimes teams need a recovery game against a lower ranked team after a particuarly bloody game, but excessive play against lower ranked teams creates an unfair advantage and will not be tolerated.

What shall such nonsense be about? its in the responsibility of the player who takes the challenge weather his team is strong enough or not... useing a system can only mean to use it in its best way... every different way would make the whole system of the division become stupid...
if you play chess you would never have the idea not to use ur knights because to use them would you just let become a too strong player
paulhicks

Post   Posted: May 06, 2005 - 00:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Glimmervoid wrote:
JanMattys wrote:
Coaches are expected to play reasonably balanced games. Play against lower rated teams is allowed, but should not be abused. It is understood that sometimes teams need a recovery game against a lower ranked team after a particuarly bloody game, but excessive play against lower ranked teams creates an unfair advantage and will not be tolerated.

What shall such nonsense be about? its in the responsibility of the player who takes the challenge weather his team is strong enough or not... useing a system can only mean to use it in its best way... every different way would make the whole system of the division become stupid...
if you play chess you would never have the idea not to use ur knights because to use them would you just let become a too strong player

lol... that nonsense is the rules you agreed to Smile

Post   Posted: May 06, 2005 - 02:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, come on guys! What's the big deal?
Almost every new player is cheerypicked.
Take a look at my 5 first games: http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=matches&coach=12656&start=16 and guess what! I cheery picked in order to get my first win. At least I learned what is cheery picking and saw many tricks and tacktics.
You will be cheery picked some times and you will cheery pick some times.

For some true cheery picking, keep an eye at faction 1. Razz

Post   Posted: May 06, 2005 - 03:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Ahem...as the 'cherry' being spoken about in this thread...I figure I should at least get a word in edgewise. Wink

For the record, I am not a complete newbie, I have played for a month or two RL, and here for about 2 weeks now. Not old-hat, but not new. I'm also a 40K player, so I know very much how to pick my opponents, and when I am completely outclassed.

I accepted this match as a 'what the hell' kinda thing. I had no expectations of winning, actually, I have no expectations of almost -ever- winning with that team. It's a theme team, somewhat of a joke, but mostly there for S&Gs. It was a silly idea, and I expect the team will get even sillier as I keep playing. (What the hell? How long have you had that skell that he has 6 skills????)

I admit quite a bit of a losing streak recently, my overall win/draw/loss ratio is something like 2/2/10 or something similar to that, but as always we learn as we play. It took me six monthes to win a game against an experienced player in 40K, so I'm not exactly foreign to the idea of getting my ass kicked as a learning experience.

Overall, Wiz is a very good sport, and a cool person to play, I'll be glad to play him again with teams that I play a bit more seriously. There are certainly no hard feelings, as I knew pretty much what to expect when I walked into that game.

It is all in good fun after all, is it not?
DM

Post   Posted: May 06, 2005 - 03:27 Reply with quote Back to top

:p
banana_fish900

Post   Posted: May 06, 2005 - 04:00 Reply with quote Back to top

mstrchef13 wrote:

Cherry picking sucks, but the pickee has to allow it to happen.

I don't know about that. I think it's up to us to save people from themselves. I was offered a game a couple of nights ago in which a collection of high powered WEs had a roster of six and were fielding either four or three players depending on a niggle roll. The guy was going to spot me something like four handicap rolls, and our STR was only within the -40 limit because he was below 100!

I looked at his roster and turned him down, told him to be patient until someone else as beat up as him came along. Wasn't a fair game. Mostly I turned him down because I knew the game wouldn't be fun. I like to win and all, but that game would have been silly.
bogh

Post   Posted: May 06, 2005 - 04:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Laranostz wrote:
It is all in good fun after all, is it not?

I would think so, but apparently there are divergent opinions on this.

Welcome aboard, seems you have a healthy attitude for this game. Hope to play you sometime.

DISCLAIMER: This is not a lame attempt to cherry pick him! Very Happy I wouldn't have offered that game - partly because it would suck being so sure of winning, partly because I detest Khemri-teams.

Post   Posted: May 06, 2005 - 07:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Laranostz - cheers mate, anytime.
Our next game will be a bit fairer though heh Wink

Post   Posted: May 06, 2005 - 09:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Aye, I hope so, we'll see how the dice gods treat me.

I'm just glad there are few, if any women that read/post to this forum, since the term 'cherry picker' would probably be highly offensive to them. *shrug*
Funso

Post   Posted: May 06, 2005 - 10:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I wouldn't worry too much, Wizard has a bit of a reputation for the cherry picking, at any rate.

But hey, we are all sinners!
 Jump to: