41 coaches online • Server time: 12:20
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Lazerus101

Post   Posted: May 09, 2005 - 01:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I dont even know why it even HAS a luck thing, its not like it accurately represents your luck. Though I was quite amused when I saw I had 6% in a game today.
trouble

Post   Posted: May 09, 2005 - 01:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I like toast with cinnamin and sugar- isn't that creative.
Frobo

Post   Posted: May 09, 2005 - 01:33 Reply with quote Back to top

The luck meter is poop. I don't pay any attention to it.
Captain1821

Post   Posted: May 09, 2005 - 02:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Can someone bring me a toast please? I'm hungry

Post   Posted: May 09, 2005 - 02:49 Reply with quote Back to top

recently I invented and have started eating

whole egg mayonaise on toast - with cheese!. Easy to prepare if you have pre-grated parmesan cheese and mayo in a jar (If you're going to make the mayonnaise from scratch, you may as well have fried eggs and some other stuff). mayonnaise on toast is the goods.

ON topic, don't forget that the luck-o-meter represents not "luck" but success: the number of roll-related actions you attempt and succeed in. Therefore, the probability of your success there doesn't influence the luck-meter, only the number of things you have succeeded at. It also doesn't count some rolls.

so do as the nice people say: ignore the luck-meter. Or do as I do and use the "external influence" bias: if the meter is high, it is because of my great coaching. If it is low, it is in spite of my great coaching. Very Happy
Coach_Lo

Post   Posted: May 09, 2005 - 02:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Liver? anyone know any good ways to prepair it?

Post   Posted: May 09, 2005 - 03:25 Reply with quote Back to top

...mushrooms on toast is good... oh for the luck meter to be accurate it would need to go into the negetives for most of my games...
keggiemckill

Post   Posted: May 09, 2005 - 04:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I like my toast with a load of butter on it. Then some times dipped in ketchup. This guy I work with loads one side with butter then the other side with jam. He says he can taste both spreads at the same time. Theres a luck meter?

Jeffro
Arktoris

Post   Posted: May 09, 2005 - 04:25 Reply with quote Back to top

butter and grape jelly

good on toast

Post   Posted: May 09, 2005 - 04:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Lazerus101 wrote:
I dont even know why it even HAS a luck thing, its not like it accurately represents your luck. Though I was quite amused when I saw I had 6% in a game today.

It has one because, back in the days before the luck meter, a bunch of people whined a lot and said, "I had bad luck and I neeeeeed to prove it or I will diiiiiiiiiie."

SkiJunkie wisely said that he'd stay out of it, since it just wasn't part of what he wanted to do. He did, however, give people the basic information they'd need to write their own and he said he'd integrate it if he got a good one.

Needless to say, no one wrote one - they just kept whining. Eventually, I guess Christer either got sick of hearing of it or was just interested in how to write it. I'm not sure which. He did, however, write it and Ski implemented it and ever since, people have been whining instead that there was a luck meter.

I'm sure there's a lesson in there somewhere.

Post   Posted: May 09, 2005 - 04:54 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah its stupid
Lazerus101

Post   Posted: May 09, 2005 - 05:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you for enlightening me BMM!
Sometimes peoples stupidity amazes me. Sure I gripe a bit when my luck is crappy. But as long as I dont lose too many players im usually happy.
Christer

Post   Posted: May 09, 2005 - 07:35
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Right. I've grown tired of explaining what the luck meter shows and how it's calculated over and over again, so I wrote a page about it in the User Guide:

The Luck Meter

Even though I'm sure that alot of you have very little interest in the math involved, I hope you enjoy it anyway. And please understand that it's the first draft version of the page, so don't be too intimidated by the crappy layout or various obvious mistakes I've made writing it.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: May 09, 2005 - 11:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Would it be SO difficult to just change "luck" to "Success Rate" or something?

Luck brings whinings. Change the name and people will stop blaming the "inadequate meter of judge".

Post   Posted: May 09, 2005 - 11:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Nordmark wrote:
JanMattys wrote:
I like pie.

I think the word pie should be banned from all of Fumbbl...

REPENT, YOU PIE HATER!!!!
...Become a Pie Eater instead!

Very Happy