58 coaches online • Server time: 23:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post SWL Season 100!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
BigMac

Post   Posted: May 11, 2005 - 13:54 Reply with quote Back to top

That would be "Modding Java Bowl" in the "Java Blood Bowl Client" forums.

The forum would be to discuss about tweaks to JBB, just like Colins superb "Human Portraits Pack", and post the respective download links, things like that.

Hopefully it would help to get an overhaul of the downloads section and let people share their tweaks more easily.
Colin

Post   Posted: May 11, 2005 - 15:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I was actually thinking about something like this while doing my recent submissions to the Downloads section (btw, I take little credit for the Human portraits - it isn't hard to chop up one big pic into a whole lot of little ones - I heartily recommend the Gimp v2 for that kind of work, btw).

An alternative would be to rename the Features Request forum to something like "Feature Requests & Client Mods"; this way SkiJunkie could cherrypick some of the better mods easily for his next client version while checking for good ideas (or he may curse us for having to sift through ever higher mountains of useless nonsense).

To keep things simple, though, I would support a separate 'Client Mods' forum, under the JavaBBowl category.

Post   Posted: May 11, 2005 - 15:54 Reply with quote Back to top

i know i sound like a terd asking this but... the other player doesnt see if you down load different icons, do they? agian sorry for not having a clue
LordSnotball

Post   Posted: May 11, 2005 - 16:00 Reply with quote Back to top

no, but if u upload the pic onto the site then they do..

i'd like to have options to have the game load picture and sounds from different folders for each player... so, when Foul it makes one sound, when ur opponent fouls, the crowd boo. the same with pics, most of the time u just use ur default pics, so why not have a folder with alternative pics, say, if u and your opponent are playing with orcs, ur opponent having plastic minis and you the metal ones would be fun. and easier to tell them apart...

just a few ideas there...

The Congregation - Always Recruiting
[url=http://igolocal.net/badge.php?user_id=1949]Image [/url]
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: May 11, 2005 - 17:03 Reply with quote Back to top

PjPants wrote:
... the other player doesnt see if you down load different icons, do they? agian sorry for not having a clue

Icons? No.

Portraits? Yes... if you've changed the portraits on your team page. If you've just changed your own defaults (by adding images to your pics folder and editing your portraits.ini file) then only you will see those.

I'm all for custom images and pitches and sounds and all that other swell stuff. I (literally) wrote the book on the topic. I'm still not sure why we need another forum for this, however.

JBB image replacements and such can easily go in the Feature Requests category. The name may not be 100% accurate but so long as we have a general convention (ie: pics go in feature requests - or whatever other category we decide upon, doesn't really matter - and if you want to find them, look there), it should work just fine. As a small added bonus, we all know Ski's looking in there and he might grab some good stuff for inclusion in future releases.

As it is, I, personally, think we have too damn many categories already. Adding another just means more layers to click through to actually get to the discussion, right?

Post   Posted: May 11, 2005 - 17:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I disagree.

I think the distinction between JBB Problems / Features / and Modifications makes perfect sense.

I'm hoping for this "Modifications" Forum to become a central point for all the people who love modding the client. Right now there is plenty of this stuff spread all over the internet, and that forum could help to change that.

In fact i'm hoping for someone to provide webspace to collect a best of and make it availiable for download. Maybe some skilled people even create content.
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: May 11, 2005 - 22:37 Reply with quote Back to top

BigMac wrote:
I disagree.

Fair 'nuff. Smile

Quote:
In fact i'm hoping for someone to provide webspace to collect a best of and make it availiable for download. Maybe some skilled people even create content.

I had something set up ages ago before the implementation of uploadable images on FUMBBL. Basically you could upload an image to my site if you didn't have webspace.

Only a handful of people actually used it, however. Then my server crashed and I lost everything because I was bad and didn't back up.

I'm already hosting a couple of things for various folk and I was just thinking that I was due to revamp things somewhat. Perhaps I'll try to make an easy way to host stuff for people, since we seem to have a few more folks interested this time around.

Post   Posted: May 12, 2005 - 00:38 Reply with quote Back to top

That would be great.

The idea is to team up instead of everybody running their own modding project Wink

cool!
Christer

Post   Posted: May 12, 2005 - 00:46
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Indeed, good idea.
Colin

Post   Posted: May 12, 2005 - 00:49 Reply with quote Back to top

BadMrMojo wrote:
I'm still not sure why we need another forum for this, however.

New forum or existing one, as long as we know where to go for JBB mods, or rather, threads promoting them (not to mention coordinating them, most mods currently are a one-man effort) linking to a mod in the Download section, I'm happy.

As a side note, I've recently come upon some webspace I'd be happy to share. I was thinking of mirroring JBB, but there's room for plenty more than that...

Edit: Christer has spoken...

Post   Posted: May 12, 2005 - 01:06
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Colin wrote:
Edit: Christer has spoken...

Not only did I speak, I acted
Colin

Post   Posted: May 12, 2005 - 14:04 Reply with quote Back to top

If you need any extra mods for it, I volunteer.