47 coaches online • Server time: 09:47
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Vamps win another ma...goto Post 1150 - OWA TT Tourna...goto Post SWL Season 100!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
have you ever apologized for getting a casualty?
Yes, all the time
24%
 24%  [ 51 ]
Never
14%
 14%  [ 29 ]
Sometimes
61%
 61%  [ 127 ]
Total Votes : 207

Tinkywinky

Post   Posted: May 14, 2005 - 00:09 Reply with quote Back to top

In the Swedish league (especially in the higher divisions) there is always a couple of cheers after each permanent damage as it means one less player to meet for yourself. I'm convinced that this behaviour has increased the number of fouls per match. Especially the late ones. Very Happy

Post   Posted: May 14, 2005 - 00:38 Reply with quote Back to top

If you stop to think about it, in a way, the mortality of your players is what makes you so fond of them while they live. The fact that every die roll with them could be your last, makes you appreciate each skill they get that will help them accomplish the die-rolling tasks that you ask them to. The object of the game is to win, ultimately, but there are subtle nuances that make the game interesting regardless of outcome.

These nuances are what cause certain people to scream "it's BLOODbowl" and "Go play Chess". But what the nerfers and bashers need to realize is that they argue the same point, but from different sides. Both want to develop their teams, and no one, given their choice would lose a good player, the fact that NUFFLE, Lady Luck, Karma, or Chance will sometimes take them despite any and all precautions are why this game kicks ARSE! Wink

*sniff* I need to go cause a casualty or 4 right now....!
Webbe

Post   Posted: May 14, 2005 - 00:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, mostly I say something like this:
BH o mng SI: Nice
first permanent injury: Whoops
Second permanent injury: Ouch
Third and subsequent permanent injuries: sry

Unless the coach is a moron, then it's "nice" or "fair" all the way.
chunky04

Post   Posted: May 14, 2005 - 00:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I hate it when people apologise. Every Block you make has the chance of causing a permanent injury - if you were truly sorry, you wouldn't have thrown the block/foul/crowdpush, but you accepted the possibility, and decided to do it - so why patronise me by pretending to say sorry?

You're intended goal may not have been the permanent injury, but you were aware of the possibility and decided the risk was worth it. Cut out the hypocrisy and just accept the consequences - the opposing coach should also. There is also the reverse attitude when you get a lucky block, kill a player, and the coach goes beserk. I saw a good example of this the other day, when a Wood Elf player killed a werewolf on his first Blitz - no MB, no anything, just died, and the other guy totally lost his head and started playing like a muppet.

I may say ouch though - because obviously it hurts, and that in no way implies I didn't intend to hurt the player - because I did. I may preferred something else, but once you get that nice spp giving CAS, you have a 1 in 6 chance of killing the player. IF you want the CAS, you have to accept the fact that you'll kill things, and saying sorry about something you obviously knew the risks of and were attempting to achieve insults my intelligence. I'd prefer someone to type in "Haha!" rather than apologise.

In fact, I may well go and add please don't apologise to my profile.

Post   Posted: May 14, 2005 - 00:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Well... of course sorry means "Sorry for you", not "sorry all the way"...

It seems quite obvious to me...
Rolling Eyes

Post   Posted: May 14, 2005 - 00:57 Reply with quote Back to top

i like the sound the RIP makes Smile
Kay

Post   Posted: May 14, 2005 - 01:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I tend to apologise if it's like, the 2nd or 3rd death in a match from normal blocking, as opposed to fouls. Then again, the most I'll say is 'ouch' usually.
Melonhead

Post   Posted: May 14, 2005 - 01:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I have to agree...yesterday I played an rsc/claw stacked chaos team and got pretty sick of the endless apologies. If you didn't really want to hurt my players, why did you take so many killer skills? Just admit that you like killing people...I know I do. Smile
DreadClaw

Post   Posted: May 14, 2005 - 01:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Errrm.. does this make me a heartless bastard to rather have rips caused than bh's? I like rips. nice n permanent, clean cut, no baloney. dead and aint never coming back. it just soothes my soul.

Post   Posted: May 14, 2005 - 02:21 Reply with quote Back to top

DreadClaw wrote:
Errrm.. does this make me a heartless bastard to rather have rips caused than bh's? I like rips. nice n permanent, clean cut, no baloney. dead and aint never coming back. it just soothes my soul.

Not heartless - I would rather say: immature. Wink

Gufnork

Post   Posted: May 14, 2005 - 02:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I consider it common curtesy to say "sorry" after you kill an opposing player. It doesn't mean I'm sad it happened or that I was trying to avoid it. It means I know what it feels like and wouldn't like to be in his shoes. I occasionally say "ouch" instead, which to me has pretty much the same meaning.
origami

Post   Posted: May 14, 2005 - 03:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Cyco wrote:
I I thinks it hypocrisy to appologize for your Claw/RSC/Piling On Chaos beastmen just killed a player, or when you foul with your DP and have 5 assiststs. Thats just mockery.

Yep. Apologies for injuries annoy me at any time, but even more so when my opponent has done his best to maximize his blocks/fouls.

I used to say something on the order of, "Don't worry about it - just part of the game." However...people kept apologizing. At this point, I've given up - if people want to apologize for hurting my players, then so be it. However, I'd prefer that you put your words into action and lighten up a bit on the blocking/fouling when you're beating me 3-0 and have put half my team in the cas box. That would be far better than an apology...and it is far less common.

I apologize in only one circumstance. When a coach has had horrible luck or suffered multiple permanent injuries during a game...and has had the self control to avoid whining about it...I will end the game with a "Sorry about all the bad luck. I hope that your next game goes better."

I don't get much out a game that was decided by the dice, so I'd rather that person had rolled decently.
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: May 14, 2005 - 03:56 Reply with quote Back to top

There is only one topic which could draw me out from the grave I had dug away for myself and that is a thread on fouling ettiquette...

There are only a few proper things to say after delivering "the boot"

1. Wooot!
2. Sweeet! (The third "e" is vital)
3. Yarrr!
4. Ha ha!
5. Harrr!
6. Har Har!
7. Cas-a-licious!

Anything else is simply patronizing.

When you kill... embrace the thrill...

Post   Posted: May 14, 2005 - 04:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I never read everything here, because Im lazy, but what I hate is congratulating a guy after he scores. If it was a good score I might comment, but an ordinary TD is.... well ordinary. Way to go( for beating me and belittling me.) Congratz (for keeping me from F3) Nice one (even though I hate you for it)

Jeffro
tza

Post   Posted: May 14, 2005 - 04:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I usually rejoice when I see that claw/rsc/po guy go down:)

If I were to say sorry, it'd be that I didn't do it sooner Wink
 Jump to: