64 coaches online • Server time: 14:24
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
have you ever apologized for getting a casualty?
Yes, all the time
24%
 24%  [ 51 ]
Never
14%
 14%  [ 29 ]
Sometimes
61%
 61%  [ 127 ]
Total Votes : 207

Hiway

Post   Posted: May 13, 2005 - 23:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Why does everyone have to apologize after RIP'ing, SI'ing, or BH'ing one of my players?

NEWSFLASH:

It is part of the game.

You didn't realize that the "dice" were going to roll that good. And if you fouled my player with 7 assists looking for the BH and getting the RIP your apology is more of an insult on my intelligence, especially when uttered something like this:

"Sorry..." Surprised
"Was trying for a BH, didnt mean to kill your player."

Evil or Very Mad What ever, that is why you needed 7 assists.

It is a game, people. A game in which players die, get seriously injured, and get badly hurt. Quit apologizing for playing the game and having good "dice" rolls.
Snappy_Dresser

Post   Posted: May 13, 2005 - 23:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Here here

a more appropriate thing is "ouch" or somesuch, it conveys empathy, without pretending that it was not the intended effect.
SunTzu

Post   Posted: May 13, 2005 - 23:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Im sorry.
Karhumies

Post   Posted: May 13, 2005 - 23:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Some guys take Blood Bowl way too seriously. I have been conceded against a couple of times after a couple of lucky (for me)/unlucky (for him) injury rolls on one turn, resulting in a niggle on a beloved Elf, whilst another got a stat drop.

I have also heard of guys who just press the X on top right corner whenever something bad happens to their legend.

...and yes, these guys usually cherry pick their matches and they can easily spread your reputation as a "mauler", "crusher" or "team-killer", even when it is resulting from opponent's low AV and bad luck rather than bashing or fouling.

If you are playing Necros or Khemri, people are less likely to apologize after re-killing an undead Zombie or Skeleton.

Last edited by Karhumies on %b %13, %2005 - %23:%May; edited 1 time in total
SergeiBautin

Post   Posted: May 13, 2005 - 23:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Why? Because i dont play the game to slay your team, i play to have a good game and (hopefully) to win. If i during a game kills one of your players i see no wrong with a touch of chivalry. Just as well as I can tell my opponent that he is really unlucky when he is, or something. I like to be nice, and i appreciate my opponent to behave in the same manner.

Post   Posted: May 13, 2005 - 23:30 Reply with quote Back to top

one word:

RESPECT

Post   Posted: May 13, 2005 - 23:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm very sorry for every time I've apologized... And for not apologizing, and for forum spamming (though I'll keep doing it) and.... um..... I voted "Sometimes" but read my sig.

P.S. Read the New Sticky on Forum searching, to Smile

Last edited by Macavity on %b %13, %2005 - %23:%May; edited 1 time in total
Philou

Post   Posted: May 13, 2005 - 23:33 Reply with quote Back to top

i only apologize when i kill a guy and the apo failed. and when u play a bashy team, its no use to apologize every CAS, u play for that Very Happy
vanGorn

Post   Posted: May 13, 2005 - 23:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, sometimes it seems to be just a damned ritual.
<spec#1>/hurt
<red>sorry
<blue>np
On the other hand, sometimes it is true pity or even sympathy.

Da_Todfatha

Post   Posted: May 13, 2005 - 23:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I highly recommend joining groups like EMU, and stating stuff like : "Any elf coaches want my EMU orcs to stomp an ORc-sized hole their team, just let me know!" in IRC.

This way when the aforementioned moron of a coach tries to give you a rep as a "mauler" it works to your advantage.

Twisted Evil
JanMattys

Post   Posted: May 13, 2005 - 23:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Dear Hiway.

I have played quite a few games here. Playing Ranked and a very few tournaments, I like BHs and I hate rips

1- Usually if my opponent gets a BH he doesn't use the apo. This means I get a PERMANENT KO. If I RIP one of his players, 5 times out of 6 I don't.

2- If I am having fun building up my team, I suppose my opponents do the same way. This means that when I RIP that ST5 AG5 Legendary Wardancer I feel both lucky for me and a bit sorry for my opponent for spoiling part of his fun out of Fumbbl.

3- Since nothing can take that 2 spps from me, it's nice to say "owch", or "sorry". At least, I like it more than "AHAH, He got KILLED!!! MWWWHAHAHA You see you can't beat me? I am glad I ripped his belly".

4- Sometimes I call my opponent names and I feast upon his dead or injured stars. But usually it is because we are friends and because we have fun in "that particular match" killing and maiming. Remember that most of the times you don't know the people you are facing, and you don't know how seriously they are involved into team building and such. So, you have the right to think they take it "too seriously", but in the end you have no right to force them into taking all the thing any lighter.

5- When I suffer a bad casualty I like my opponent to behave nicely and say they didn't mean to. Even if I know they are dancing around the room with beer for those two extra spps. It's a matter of fact.

6- When I meet morons and annoying or bad behaving coaches, I never say "sorry" or the like. I just stand silent, and try my best to take away the victory. After that I close the client and I feel good.

So I do say "sorry", I do say "owch". And I am no hypocrit. I feel sorry when a good guy I am having fun with fails his apo roll, cause most of the times he IS sorry about it.

so what?

Play your own way and don't try to force other people in viewing the entire thing like you do.

Cheers. Very Happy

ps: read my signature... thanks to Macavity, I am now BAD TO THE BONE!!! mmwhwhahahahahaha... Twisted Evil

Last edited by JanMattys on %b %13, %2005 - %23:%May; edited 1 time in total
Macavity

Post   Posted: May 13, 2005 - 23:44 Reply with quote Back to top

/me buys JanMattys a pint or 5

Post   Posted: May 13, 2005 - 23:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Da_Todfatha wrote:
I highly recommend joining groups like EMU, and stating stuff like : "Any elf coaches want my EMU orcs to stomp an ORc-sized hole their team, just let me know!" in IRC.

This way when the aforementioned moron of a coach tries to give you a rep as a "mauler" it works to your advantage.

Twisted Evil

...is that light rustle coming from the feet of all the stealthy Elf coaches sneaking towards the nearest exit, never to return to play versus an EMU coach?

Yup.

koadah

Post   Posted: May 14, 2005 - 00:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, all the time if it's RIP. Especially if it's the 2nd or 3rd in the game Smile

BH is great, it takes a (good hopefully) player out of the game.
In a huge league like this do SI and RIP help you any more than BH? I think not.

Sure it's part of the game, but what do I gain by ruining my opponents chances in the next game.

I am just a softy newb, so is there any advantage to getting RIP other than making your stats look ?
Cyco

Post   Posted: May 14, 2005 - 00:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I dont appologize, though I prefer BH, bothways. That is because I dont like to have my team trashed. I do know its part of the game and have learned it the hard way, as everyone else with good intention.

I think its ok to "appologize", though its part of the game. But I thinks it hypocrisy to appologize for your Claw/RSC/Piling On Chaos beastmen just killed a player, or when you foul with your DP and have 5 assiststs. Thats just mockery.