25 coaches online • Server time: 02:03
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Secret League Old Wo...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
have you ever apologized for getting a casualty?
Yes, all the time
24%
 24%  [ 51 ]
Never
14%
 14%  [ 29 ]
Sometimes
61%
 61%  [ 127 ]
Total Votes : 207

paulhicks

Post   Posted: May 14, 2005 - 11:24 Reply with quote Back to top

i prefer to scream "MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. take that you filthy ho" while spam e-mailing them screen shots of me having my evil way with their now departed star. Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: May 14, 2005 - 11:59 Reply with quote Back to top

my only one time i said "sorry": Official Tournament RRR, my amazzons (tr 100) vs my opponents norse (tr 100) ...8 cas, 6 of them were SI. I feel to apologize to my opponent .... not for the casulties, but for my luck.
Wizard

Post   Posted: May 14, 2005 - 12:13 Reply with quote Back to top

you guys all play this game way to[potty mouth] seriously - there are better causes out there you know?
I get on - play with my pixels - blow off some steam - feel sorry for none of you 'cause you all exist in irc land - get over it
Why cant everyone else have that attitude? the games would be friendlier instead of - "Man, you just killed all my player, i [potty mouth] hate you" and then proceed to foul every turn out of anger
Gee, i would hate to meet you in real life.. especially if you are american and own a gun..

Post   Posted: May 14, 2005 - 12:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I block opposing players to move them out of the way, i like to knock them down because it forces my opponent to blitz if he wants to block back next turn.

I like Stuns because it means there is now a gap i can exploit

I like KO because it removes an opponent from the rest of the drive

I like BH because he won't Apo and still loses for the rest of the game

I don't mind MnG since it is pretty much a BH as far as my team is conserned, but not if my opponent is going to end up fielding 8 players next game.

I Hate Niggling, Stat dropping or killing other players, i do not want to do it and i will apologise if i do, i state at the beginning of every game that i hope all Cas are BH.

Why? because it ruins the long term fun of my opponent, another player he can't use or must retire and i am at least 33% there for his enjoyment too right? not just to entertain myself.

arghh bumflaps , another fumble. Why can't these Gobbo's just pick the ball up?
JanMattys

Post   Posted: May 14, 2005 - 12:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Wizard wrote:
you guys all play this game way to [yes i edited out]seriously - there are better causes out there you know?
I get on - play with my pixels - blow off some steam - feel sorry for none of you 'cause you all exist in irc land - get over it
Why cant everyone else have that attitude? the games would be friendlier instead of - "Man, you just killed all my player, i [and again] hate you" and then proceed to foul every turn out of anger
Gee, i would hate to meet you in real life.. especially if you are american and own a gun..

There's a slight difference between saying "sorry for that RIP" and being unable to stand some blood. You are completely OT.

I rip your best player. Two things happen:
1- I get 2 spps and your Star off the field!! YAY!!!! ---> VERY GOOD
2- You are a little pissed off because of your toy dead, and because you are most likely to tie/lose the match. ----> LITTLE BAD

Once the VERY GOOD part is acquired for me (and you can't prevent me from the good effects, cause nothing can steal my 2 spps, and you sure can't resurrect a permanent RIP), what's wrong in symphatize with you for the little bad part of it? We both know I am glad I scored a cas, but it's just THAT wrong to tell you that I understand how you feel and that I would have preferred not to inflict such a blow to your team?

I think it's not. It's a matter of personal choice, but I can't stand all people here who think they are the only ones who can see what real BB is all about, and think that all those who care a little for their teams are either sissies or hypocrits.

Just stop it please, cause it's both unfair AND stupid.
As I said before, play your own way and stop pretending that you are the only ones with the necessary wisdom to understand "the true way".

Got it?

Thank you.

Post   Posted: May 14, 2005 - 13:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I play to win and block to get some opponent players out of the way or off the pitch, not to kill them or hurt them bad. And i foul to do the same. After all, you can't influence the injury roll, so why shouldn't i feel sorry for a six and the apoth fails ?
The odds for killing a player aren't that high, it's safe to say that nothing can influence the outcome of a dice roll (all you can do ist push it a little by MB/DP/RSC), so why shouldn't i feel sorry for an opponent that is raped by the dices ? For me, it's a kind of good behaviour (or gentleman's agreement), but not everyone around is able to behave, that's how life is.

But please, stop trying to look like a badass while wearing your pink fluffy bunny shoes , it's kinda disgusting.

Post   Posted: May 14, 2005 - 13:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I apologize if I do niggling injuries or RiP's. Mainly because I don't want to do it. Damage that hurt my opponent in the long run isn't fun. In the other hand there has been times when I haven't apologized, mainly because sometimes I don't care. Some opponent's deserve it. If I apologize I mean it, if I don't I don't mean it, easy as that.

Post   Posted: May 14, 2005 - 13:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Jeese its like 40k, and you apologising for blowing up your oppos leman russ.............YEH RIGHT !!! :p

Post   Posted: May 14, 2005 - 13:57 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys @ couldn't give a [potty mouth bit] about my players or the game
i play because i like to
Not to make awsome teams or players that i value higher than reality
Couldn't give a fcuk if they die or i retire a team
It happens, start again and stop wasting server space complaining about it

I imagine guys like you that CARE about this game, as big nerds who eat pizza every night and cry when you miss buffy reruns on tv...

Post   Posted: May 14, 2005 - 14:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

I imagine guys like you that CARE about this game as big nerds who eat pizza every night and cry when you miss buffy reruns on tv...
Funny because i'm married, with kids and i'm in the military and i care about my team development.

amazing how those generalisations usually come crashing down when you attually start looking past the surface.

Oh and i'm a bloody good cook too, ask my wife.

arghh bumflaps , another fumble. Why can't these Gobbo's just pick the ball up?
Wizard

Post   Posted: May 14, 2005 - 14:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Hammerhiem @ why do you care about your team? if its succesful, cool
If not, start again. Its kinda scary thinking that someone armed with a gun by there gov'ment cares more about the on screen pixels they use...

Am i missing something?
Pixels matter not, but the real world does - yeah?

Post   Posted: May 14, 2005 - 14:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Wizard wrote:
Hammerhiem @ why do you care about your team? if its succesful, cool
If not, start again. Its kinda scary thinking that someone armed with a gun by there gov'ment cares more about the on screen pixels they use...

Am i missing something?
Pixels matter not, but the real world does - yeah?

Actually this is something you can learn from Bloodbowl. It's quite the zenlike quality of the game.

Then again, as for "the real world" - most of the things we stress over don't really matter either, so it's perfectly ok to care about "pixels" as you put it. Those pixels don't exist in a fancy parallel universe and are part of real life as well after all :p

But yeah, at the end of the day it doesn't really matter whether you had a D in your math test or your wardancer died or the vending machine ate your money without putting out a coke... The world's still going to keep turning and it's still going to be there tomorrow (unless that superasteroid from Armageddon crashes, that is.).

The real trick is to realize that.
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: May 14, 2005 - 15:16 Reply with quote Back to top

i do like killing big name players. I remember killing mirascaels 126+SPP wardancer and thinking "Yarr" I also managed to kill a 200spp wight which was also great!

When Zucchini my 550SPP mino died on a last turn block i also loved it, my opponent started apologizing to me so i told him not to worry about it Smile

as long as i enjoy the game, i dont mind my team being decimated Smile
JanMattys

Post   Posted: May 14, 2005 - 15:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Wizard wrote:
I imagine guys like you that CARE about this game, as big nerds who eat pizza every night and cry when you miss buffy reruns on tv...

Shocked Shocked Shocked
LOL

1- "guys like you" is amazing... How the hell you think you can have the slightest idea of "how I am"??? Laughing
2- I'd really love to eat pizza every night. But unfortunately I can't. Sad
3- /Me fouls Buffy. RIP---apo fail. "Oh, geez... sorry about that..." Rolling Eyes

Your silly statements and generalization prove I am right.
Any (I mean ANY) generalization is bound to be false in some way. Yours are just... well... astonishing false. Wink

Congrats! Cool

Post   Posted: May 14, 2005 - 15:36 Reply with quote Back to top

FLAAAAME WARRR!

In a thread about apologizing. AWESOME!

Jump to: