31 coaches online • Server time: 09:15
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Secret League Old Wo...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Funso

Post   Posted: May 17, 2005 - 21:19 Reply with quote Back to top

don't act like a flaming troll, and I won't act like a jerk Smile

Fair deal?
Price

Post   Posted: May 17, 2005 - 21:27 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=152896

To get rid of the negativity, here's my vamp team. That's it, laugh it out.

Very frustrating on occasions but really fun to play once you get the hang of them. Every move seems like an absurd risk.

They can really only really play on level terms against teams with several missing players / mostly unskilled new players at the moment, but I'm sure that with 8 re-rolls they can be a bit more competitive.
origami

Post   Posted: May 17, 2005 - 21:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Vampires are not on par with most teams. They take an experienced coach who doesn't get frustrated easily. Personally, I started my one vamp team with a single vamp, using the rest of my cash for RR.

Their main advantage is hypno gaze - a lot of players are caught be surprise when up against someone who knows how to use hypno gaze to cut through defenses.
Funso

Post   Posted: May 17, 2005 - 21:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Uber has (or had) a decent vampire team in Faction.

He must have done okay with them, because they got promoted a round ago. One of the first promoted Vampire teams in Faction! (possibly the first, not sure)
vanGorn

Post   Posted: May 17, 2005 - 21:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I tried several Vampire teams (in unranked, in ladder and on a rl tournament) I like them for the great potential of their elite players and the nice price of their thrall linemen. I dislike them for having the worst negatrait available. But they are fun to play because they can feature nasty surprises for your opponent as for yourself. Shocked
The achievement of my teams range from lousy 3/1/22 to quite nice 13/1/5
One thing is sure: to play vampires is never boring Smile .

PjPants

Post   Posted: May 17, 2005 - 21:44 Reply with quote Back to top

you know i think that there is some serious roid rage going on at this site latly. we need to start random drug testing so that we can keep the integrity of the game intact. i recomend a 5 game suspension and drug counciling at the first offence. second offence is banishment from the league. with steriods ruining baseball how can we all it to poision fmbbl? why should the message boards be filled with meaness as a result of all of the rampant steriod abuse? what will the children think? why am i so bored at work that i actually think that this post is going to be funny? if i ask one more question will i make the recordpedia?
Macavity

Post   Posted: May 17, 2005 - 21:49 Reply with quote Back to top

well, I've decided I need a Vampire team in ranked..... but who to retire?

Post   Posted: May 17, 2005 - 21:52 Reply with quote Back to top

you know i have begun to notice that none of these successful vamp teams have players with pro. i always thought that the rule with vamps was the first skill you took was supposed to be pro. am i wrong? i usally have not taken pro with any of my players because well... they never last that long.what would be the benifit of taking pro over other skills?
mitzufuss

Post   Posted: May 17, 2005 - 21:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I've enjoyed playing vamps... I go with two or three vampires and loads of thralls... I tend to leave the vamps in the reserve box now that thralls have skills.... so maybe I just have a thrall team.
Darkwolf

Post   Posted: May 17, 2005 - 21:58 Reply with quote Back to top

As a vamp coach, my luck has been sucked dry. No pun intended.

After a very good start and managing to stay healthy I obtained a good record. I went with 3 vamps to start and took pro as fast as I could. Then I alternated with rerolls and new vamps. I have 7 rerolls and had to retire my first vampire due to an injury. My vamp regen rolls have been SUPER lucky. Since I have no hitting power, I went with 2 dp's to take out targets. Often, my dp's have been ejected and thus, left me with less thralls to play with. Not always a good strategy.

The gaze is beautiful, you can do so much with it. Break cages, move thralls and vamps to form your own cages. Combined with kick, not many ball carriers are safe, unless they throw deep into their own backfield. On a blitz, you can move in like a swarm with gaze and 4ag dodgers.

A fun team that needs patience and non attachment to players.

Post   Posted: May 17, 2005 - 22:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Vamps are very very very very very very very very very very very very bad.
This sequence actually came about in one of my games:
ofab roll: 1
pro roll: 1
dodge roll: 1
team reroll: (success)
moves to thrall...
injury roll: (6,6) 6
KILLED!
Apothecary roll: 1

and that was one of the least frustrating games my vamps have played

Post   Posted: May 17, 2005 - 22:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I don't like pro, because it fools me (when I play like a gambler, as most often) to "save" the reroll for later, what results in almost disastrous failures.

Macavity

Post   Posted: May 17, 2005 - 22:09 Reply with quote Back to top

After hearing the Legend's tale, I MUST have a team!!!! These guys will prove that Vamps can play!!!!

Post   Posted: May 17, 2005 - 22:31 Reply with quote Back to top

short answer to topic question = no

Post   Posted: May 17, 2005 - 22:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Funso wrote:
don't act like a flaming troll, and I won't act like a jerk Smile

Fair deal?

Actually your the flaming troll while Hammerhiem is jerking you around for for being one.

Jump to: