31 coaches online • Server time: 01:53
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mithrilpoint

Post   Posted: May 18, 2005 - 17:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah DreadClaw, makes a litle bit more sense now Smile.

But how about: He disguises his army as a BB-team, thus mocking the humans not understanding that he is still here and steadily growing in power until...bwhahahaaa....and so on Razz

M

Post   Posted: May 18, 2005 - 17:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I like making themed themes, but I have no imagination and definitely no talent for writing fluff, so I usually just pick a real life theme like a TV show and make teams based on that. For me, the fun part is making custom pics for each player, finding pictures from the net or taking a screen shot and then cropping and resizing them.
Arktoris

Post   Posted: May 18, 2005 - 17:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I've noticed the constraints on picture size and dimensions seems very small, yet most custom pics and team page pictures seem big and detailed (involving way more than 10kb)

How does one do that? I usually use jpeg for the file. Is there something better?

Post   Posted: May 18, 2005 - 17:36 Reply with quote Back to top

arktoris wrote:
I've noticed the constraints on picture size and dimensions seems very small, yet most custom pics and team page pictures seem big and detailed (involving way more than 10kb)

How does one do that? I usually use jpeg for the file. Is there something better?

Well, I think the 10kB limit is a hard one, meaning that you can't even upload an image if it's bigger. I just take a bigger original image that is of a reasonable quality, crop the section I want to use, and resize it to 114x177 (player pictures) and then save it as a .jpg with a fairly high quality. The resulting picture is almost always under 10kB and if not, I'll resave it at a slightly lower quality. I've been pretty happy with the quality of the pics I've gotten this way.
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: May 18, 2005 - 17:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I have very low technical skill in terms of pics for team/players, but I thoroughly enjoy writing out stories for the players. Only my Khorne's Militia of the Rivalry of the Gods tournament actually came ready-made with player bios before they even begin playing. Otherwise, the story evolves as the team plays; consequently, the longer my team exists (or the more successful), the better the story. And of my teams, none have played longer nor been more successful than my Weapon Masters!!!

Edit: if anybody can guide me through the process of creating team pics and original player pics, I would be grateful. Assume I know how to use your basic programs--word, excel, etc--and am aware that photoshop exists on my computer, just have never opened it nor know how to use it...

Post   Posted: May 18, 2005 - 17:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Um, I just download then upload them from google image searches, mostly... I guess if you want original stuff, it would take work, but I'm lazy. (Arktoris, how are the crackers holding out?)

Post   Posted: May 18, 2005 - 18:30 Reply with quote Back to top

the crackers are delicious, have had four now and it's not even afternoon (when I get hungry). Without you controlling my consumption rate, I'd have 50 by now. Being on a diet, that's not good. Keep up the posts! Let's see how long it takes to finish the whole bag (would take about 4 hours without you).

Also, I'm getting the Princess Bride on DVD to fiddle around with soundbites. Maybe we can a PB sound effects thing happening. (if I can blunder my way through it)

I can generally get player pictures cropped to the 114 177 dimensions and with lower quality, they come out...ok (nothing great).

however the team bio page picture now has a 50 by 50 pixel limitation. ouch, that's about the size of my thumbnail. One of the functions is to link to another picture on the web...I'm wondering if that's how people get to upload such big pictures with great detail...it's borrowing from a site and not occupying fumbbl space.

I've also notice some pictures use a file ext .php Does that save data space??? How do I make .bmp or .jpg into php before uploading?

any information shall be greatly appreciated. thanks everyone!

Post   Posted: May 18, 2005 - 18:36 Reply with quote Back to top

If you can get that soundpack up, I'll post you through 6 bags!!! Go for it!!!

Post   Posted: May 18, 2005 - 18:52 Reply with quote Back to top

i have taken some of the pictures of football players. then i photo-shoped monsters in their helmets... it took some time but i usally get a compliment about it.
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=1786960 this is my pic of jim McMahon with a zombie head
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=1786972 dick butkus with a skele head
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=1786976 another bears pick with a skele head
Macavity

Post   Posted: May 18, 2005 - 18:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, PJ, that last one is AWESOME!!!!!!!!! Best pic ever!!

Post   Posted: May 18, 2005 - 18:56 Reply with quote Back to top

THOSE ARE THE COOLEST PLAYER PICTURES!

I want to do something similar when my beast of nurgle dies. My next one will be a star trek captain with tentacles coming out of the uniform.

bio fluff will go something like this.

"captain's log stardate 0946, I've beamed down to the planet and....hey, what's this green slime crawling up my boot? AAAAAAAAHHH!
MUST SERVE NURGLE!!"

Last edited by Arktoris on %b %18, %2005 - %19:%May; edited 1 time in total
PjPants

Post   Posted: May 18, 2005 - 19:00 Reply with quote Back to top

thank you guys.... it makes it worth while to hear that Smile
DonKosak

Post   Posted: May 18, 2005 - 19:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I enjoy writing silly fluff for my teams. It's my way of coping with those absurd ideas for storylines etc you get, when you're bored at work... I have fun writing them, and if anyone else gets a laugh out of it... well, then I've made someone else smile too Smile

The story about No Silly Ogres is based on one of my first encounters with a team approver.
The halfling team Wood Food Poetry Book and the chaosdwarves Terratrasherz are just...silly...

Edit: btw - nice story DreadClaw - must've taken some time... Razz
vanGorn

Post   Posted: May 18, 2005 - 19:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I never field a team before I have created a team badge for them.

Morgy

Post   Posted: May 18, 2005 - 23:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I like to write the fluff as they go but a starting point is the team image......i try to individualise them my favourite so far is my Vampire team's image

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=169993

Morgy
 Jump to: