107 coaches online • Server time: 21:05
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post SWL Season 100!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PjPants

Post   Posted: May 18, 2005 - 23:54 Reply with quote Back to top

no image?
Morgy

Post   Posted: May 19, 2005 - 00:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Not in a mirror anyway Smile........its there on the team page

Morgy
chunky04

Post   Posted: May 19, 2005 - 04:49 Reply with quote Back to top

The SWL league has its own forum thread just for fluff. Over the seasons I have led one of my teams through a (IMO) cool story, mostly regarding their inability to win the big one and their final redemption. Each coach in there uses a particular character (or more than one) to do match reports, trash talk etc.

I reckon its one of the things that make SWL the best league on fumbbl.

Post   Posted: May 19, 2005 - 05:19 Reply with quote Back to top

That and the number of australians Razz
DreadClaw

Post   Posted: May 20, 2005 - 14:43 Reply with quote Back to top

This is what i'm talking about! more people should get into the more.. roleplaying part of the game.. recently my Cultists managed to destroy AlcingRagaholics Undead in a (very) lucky game, killing both mummies in (1)! turn, he made a Lizardmen team, as a counterbalance to my chaos with a great background, a team pic and player pics i helped him with. it's only 1 hour of work for so much more feeling to your team!

Post   Posted: May 20, 2005 - 15:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Just read the story from your halfling team DonKosak, very funny Smile

I like to write a bit of fluff up on my teams, but I do find it a easier once the team develops a bit. Sometimes roleplaying is a bit too intimidating to try.

Post   Posted: May 20, 2005 - 15:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I always try to come up with some theme for my teams. Originally it was so I didn't have to think too hard to come up with acceptable player names. Recently, I've started adding pics and team bios. My favorites are the Soda Pop Warriors and my 2v2 team, the Evil Computer Geniuses (mostly because of the player pics). When I go back to playing some of my other teams more often, I'll add to them. The next thing on my list is to add recipes to the player bios for the Chicken Brigade and to finish the bios for Hamtaro's friends.
DreadClaw

Post   Posted: May 21, 2005 - 18:46 Reply with quote Back to top

My team, Blood Cultists is Nearly Complete! Got 16 team pics for the players, and now, someday soon, i'll write personal Bio's (extensive, just like the team bio) On every player, possibly recycling old bio's for death and injury (and lazyness)

Check it out at: http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=170007

Post   Posted: May 21, 2005 - 19:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi,

I've been developing my Deff Rokkits Orcs (http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=169840) over their first ten games and have got some nice bio's for most of the players. Just adding a short paragraph every time they get either a new skill or an injury can build up a nice backstory, although I've taken to adding notes related to any memorable games I play (eg: if a player scores an equaliser on turn 16, etc). I even gave my new Gobbo a short bio after he took the MVP for his first game having not even stepped onto the pitch.

Cheers,
Freshmetal
Emphasy

Post   Posted: May 21, 2005 - 19:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Thumbs up for this story/bio, i like it a lot...

Im not into the fluff much myself, guess that is in lack of imagination/writing skills:)
And that AR made a Lizard team to match up just made the whole thing better!

Great job to the both of ya, i enjoyed reading it all...
Wukong

Post   Posted: May 21, 2005 - 19:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I love Fluff.

The more "Warhammerish" the better.

I've started to fluff-up two of my teams: Mean Munchkinz and Champions of Undeath

It's really, really fun to do. It makes the teams more interresting to play with.

Post   Posted: May 21, 2005 - 20:18 Reply with quote Back to top

It's DONE! The team is now officially a complete team!

Post   Posted: May 28, 2005 - 14:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I've been inspired by this thread to really go all-out in creating my latest team. It's not exactly "GW" fluff, but I like it Smile

Meet My Grade Nine Homeroom Class.

Post   Posted: May 28, 2005 - 15:18 Reply with quote Back to top

fluff... no

themes... YES, indeed to every team and and a team pic/logo is mandatory as well Smile

Post   Posted: May 28, 2005 - 15:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Dread, then you should deffo check out this Smile Plenty for you to fluffer over;)
 Jump to: