17 coaches online • Server time: 03:47
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Jump up on a tree?goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
paulhicks

Post   Posted: May 20, 2005 - 20:54 Reply with quote Back to top

LOL. i make a post about not whining about cherry picking and half the replies have been to moan about coaches that people think are cherry picking.
thankyou to everyone who has posted positive points or just expressed their views... this is somthing i now accept people do get fun from and so i guess i must accept it Smile
with regards to calons team Bunnys Group you can make up your own minds about his match record but i would point out that his team are/were e.m.u. and this is why hes played all the elves. this may not change your opinion but it is why. my own (now retired) rats are amoungst his recent opponents and although he mashed them on the day my team were certainly at least as dangerous as his.
if you look at my rats and their match record it was very similar up until the end when they ran the gauntlet by playing 5 games on the run against the first opponent to challenge them (within legal ts) and not replacing players or hiring in between...... now that was fun Smile

i guess it was stupid of me to try to encourage everyone to accept others styles of play as i wasnt accepting everyones right to moan if they want to...

.... oh well. have fun with the rest of the thread ya'll

Post   Posted: May 20, 2005 - 21:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I have fun Very Happy

I challenge anyone not having fun!

PS: I'm away till sunday night GMT+1. Drop a line in my PM box, will ya. Preferred team I play is my dark elves in ranked. PLease feel free to challenge, but I will think about playing dark elves and chaos because those are the races I played most of all.

Yes, I break for Khemri and Rotters!

Post   Posted: May 20, 2005 - 21:38 Reply with quote Back to top

To get back on topic, it's a good question to ask when we stopped having fun. It's an existential question here on FUMBBL. I know I'm still having fun.

I pick the match-ups that I want, well except in some leagues, and I enjoy each and every game. Sure I'll get the occasional dice rape, sometimes I'll lose at the last minute, sometimes I won't be able to do anything for an entire game (/me points at the vampires...). In the heat of the moment it may be a bit frustrating, but I never dwell on these feelings. You pick up the pieces and move on.

Anyhow, I hope you'll still be having fun paul. If you wanna try some elfbowling for a change, any of my teams will give you a game and I'm sure it'll be interesting.

Post   Posted: May 20, 2005 - 21:44 Reply with quote Back to top

uber, my scro want to play those vamps of yours. Only 1 tackle orc now, so your blodging vamps should have success. My tr is closer to yours now so less chance of a handicap.

Morgy is playing vamps now, Ive been giving him pointers. Told him to check out your game replays too for strategy.

Post   Posted: May 21, 2005 - 13:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Well I am personnaly VERY displeased seeing that it was Britnoth and Fairendorel that sended THIS POSTS:

Britnoth you do belong to the very few I played and who whined in a stunty game about nurgs beeing overpowered and called me "nasty" when I crowd push a faeri in position to score.

Fairendorel. I just must laugh. Really. Didn't you just entered into Tyrant's grudge league and quitted only one game after because you "couldn't win anymore". So you are not well placed to judge anyone. Personnaly I would never quit a tournament because of that even I loose all games and I would still try to have fun.

Damn guys, before critising anyone, just try before to be clean yourself.

oh and: I played Fanatic, Smess, Csonti, Nachtogen, Captain1821, harley-topper, Casper, Sergei Bautin and many more all within top 100 all were very fun opponent.
I feel a different way: top ranked coach know they ARE going to have bad dicing days and go better with it.

It's more around 160 that you are likely to see that. Top 100 wanabee (like me) who would like to break that cap (like me) but can't (still like me) and whine therefore (not like me)

Oh and about topic: I am here for 2 years and I just don't see the same as you Paul, except in forums but on pitch, we must not play the same games or guys.

Or maybe perceive it differently.
DreadClaw

Post   Posted: May 21, 2005 - 14:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm very displeased this thread isn't worshipped like true words, and instead gets degraded into your more worse than xxx or xxx is worse than anybody.. pointing fingers doesn't help a jack.

i think i've been on all sides of the coach ranking side. the 170's, the 140's and now i'm on the 160's like sk8. I just want to say, have your own fun, and let others decide theirs.

Stop bickering on eachother for once..just for once. if you dislike person xxx don't let the world know. just keep it to yourself. witch hunting never solves anything... one exception: Macavity! He deserves to be witchhunted for he is a genuine witch! we must burn him! BURN HIM!

*brings torches and lighter fluids* let's get him mob!

Post   Posted: May 21, 2005 - 16:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with you that this bickering must end...with the exception of Macavity. I think that we can all agree that he is a threat not only to us, but also to the children. His reign of terror must end.

Burning at the stake is too good for Macavity. I suggest hanging, burning, then dismemberment. Remember, it's for the children.
paulhicks

Post   Posted: May 21, 2005 - 17:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Last night i watched another discussion about "cherry pickers". today i read another thread which started out trying to tell people how they should play ranked and devolved into another flame war. im not going to try any more. im just going to play my games till i go and forget the rest of it. this will be my last forum post for the time being.

i wanted to leave with some sort of inspiration type of message to encourage you all to stop stressing so much but im just too tired to think of one.

Post   Posted: May 21, 2005 - 18:28 Reply with quote Back to top

origami wrote:

Burning at the stake is too good for Macavity. I suggest hanging, burning, then dismemberment. Remember, it's for the children.

Children prefer that to TV these days??? Wink

Paulhicks wrote:

im just going to play my games till i go and forget the rest of it. this will be my last forum post for the time being.

SadSadSadSadSad

I havent been as active on fumbbl in the opast week or two so if you wanna PM me and tell me why your going then do so! You cat leave without telling me why! Laughing

Its a shame but its inevitable that this flaming will happen! The flamers are usually guys whose life is FUMBBL and as such, get very touchy about it. I enjoy the folk i like chatting to, posting with and playing against, i have several people set to mute in #fumbbl. At the end of the day, its a place that disappears when i click "disconnect" . i do want to go to tourneys and meet some of the cool guys i chat to here, dont get me wrong! But its a real shame you are going paul Sad
DreadClaw

Post   Posted: May 21, 2005 - 18:38 Reply with quote Back to top

brownrob wrote:
origami wrote:

Children prefer that to TV these days??? Wink

Paulhicks wrote:

im just going to play my games till i go and forget the rest of it. this will be my last forum post for the time being.

SadSadSadSadSad

I havent been as active on fumbbl in the opast week or two so if you wanna PM me and tell me why your going then do so! You cat leave without telling me why! Laughing

Its a shame but its inevitable that this flaming will happen! The flamers are usually guys whose life is FUMBBL and as such, get very touchy about it. I enjoy the folk i like chatting to, posting with and playing against, i have several people set to mute in #fumbbl. At the end of the day, its a place that disappears when i click "disconnect" . i do want to go to tourneys and meet some of the cool guys i chat to here, dont get me wrong! But its a real shame you are going paul Sad

Amen to that.. so, when do we hang, dismember, burninate (TROOOGDOOOOOOR) and generally maim Macavity in good old Angry mob style? *he turned me into a newt!!!! (i got better)*

Post   Posted: May 21, 2005 - 18:49 Reply with quote Back to top

i was happy.. .all the time.. till this thread was opened Crying or Very sad
thesquig

Post   Posted: May 21, 2005 - 19:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Its a damn shame you're going Paul. You're one of the guys that I really enjoy playing and chatting to. You're opinion is always respected, and its a loss to the community that you are going (see you in a few months! Wink ) I do enjoy fumbbl for things more than the game and thats probably what makes it more addictive for me! I have quite a few people I like to chat with and enjoy the game with most.

I'm human and therefore have my flaws. I'm not the perfect opponent for some people, and I try (note: try) to bear this in mind when playing other people. I like to think that fumbbl is a good place to be (hypothetically of course!) and thats why I'm gunning for the biggest whitelist award Wink

I got rid of my blacklist a while ago. They are lame and are generally detrimental to the community. Some people read bios and some people read blacklists. Usually these people read blacklists because they want to know who the 'bad guys' of fumbbl are, and these people probably take that crap in. Anyway enough of that, time for a cheesy quote.

To sum up Pauls point, just "Let it be".

Britnoth

Post   Posted: May 21, 2005 - 23:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Just to add more fuel to the fire.... take a gander at these numbers...

111,128,130,144,138,131,124,92,153,86,144,142,136,136,148,152,155,155,153,142,158,131,89,129

Look big? These are the amount of team strength a certain ranked team belonging to a high CR coach has played down in their last 24 games. I'll let you work out which team it is.

No wonder some of us avoid ranked like the plague.
Azurus

Post   Posted: May 21, 2005 - 23:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Britnoth wrote:
Look big? These are the amount of team strength a certain ranked team belonging to a high CR coach has played down in their last 24 games.

Huh? I thought you could only play within 40 team strength?

Post   Posted: May 21, 2005 - 23:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Not if both teams are above str 200.