41 coaches online • Server time: 01:25
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Azurus

Post   Posted: May 21, 2005 - 23:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Heh. I'm yet to make it to 200 TR in Ranked, though it's looking like I might do it shortly. Thanks for the info Mez.

Post   Posted: May 22, 2005 - 00:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I was really happy with the result today! Gotta love seeing Man Utd lose, even though im not an Arsenal man! Lesser of two evils Razz I mean this comment in relation to the flaming going on here Wink

Im suprised Dreadclaw hasnt taken the opportunity to shamelessly promote the now retired (Sad) Wh'ine Wink

NB: Some cheese with your whine? Razz
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: May 22, 2005 - 12:57 Reply with quote Back to top

DreadClaw wrote:
I'm very displeased this thread isn't worshipped like true words, and instead gets degraded into your more worse than xxx or xxx is worse than anybody.. pointing fingers doesn't help a jack.

i think i've been on all sides of the coach ranking side. the 170's, the 140's and now i'm on the 160's like sk8. I just want to say, have your own fun, and let others decide theirs.

Stop bickering on eachother for once..just for once. if you dislike person xxx don't let the world know. just keep it to yourself. witch hunting never solves anything... one exception: Macavity! He deserves to be witchhunted for he is a genuine witch! we must burn him! BURN HIM!

*brings torches and lighter fluids* let's get him mob!

dreadclaw, you just miss something: I never said I dislike nor Brit' nor Fairendorel. I am just displized with the fact they are pointing finger on some people when they are not completely clean themselves at least in my eyes (and the whole Grudge league group in case of Fairendorel).

They have the right to think what they want, I don't deny it. Do people like to play high ranked coach or not, I don't care. Do a high ranked coach cherry pick to get easy games? I don't care. So are the CR rules established. If a high ranked coach cherrypick and get a reward for it and so has fun, what if, not my problem. If he plays a 50games CR 130 coach, that's their problem since both know about it.

The only thing I do disagree with, is to cheerypick noobs, because you might make them flee.

Taken it aside, I don't cherrypick myself, not in way picking up weaker coaches. But I do allow to other the rights to take fun in doing it, as long as the cherrypicked know what is going on.

Other thing I don't like:
R coaches moan about R leagues, the fact it is open, bash vs agility, develop a team vs playing to win.

Ok. for me: indicators that something is wrong. What is wrong? the fact it is, in the same group, the competitive open league for some coaches and the open group for others. That may be part of the problem.

I do see why we all goes at each other throat. We do all feel on some point there are problems, and generally we don't see the same, cause we all perceive R differently.

I don't like too see people posting on threads who are heating up that it is unpleasant. I had once a little flamming war with BunnyPuncher and I saw that I had misunderstood him. It never was against the person, especially consider the fact Bunny seems to be really cool, but against what he said. From confrontation, you lower frustration. At least it learns something.

Here Dread, you somehow flame me down for me having flamme down someone else that flammed down someone else.

I might learn from that. I might be very vindicative against you if we both flamme us down. Anyway, it won't make me appreciate you less. But it's expressing about something that is perceived as a problem.

ps: I sometimes have, as I am french, problems to express myself. I might edit this to make me more clear.
origami

Post   Posted: May 22, 2005 - 15:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Azurus wrote:
Heh. I'm yet to make it to 200 TR in Ranked, though it's looking like I might do it shortly. Thanks for the info Mez.

I wouldn't be in any hurry to hit 200 TR. Opinions differ, but I find that the game is a lot more fun with teams that are below the TR 200 mark. This is especially true of elven teams. At the moment, my Pro Elves are 222/232...and in need of a brutal game or two to knock them down a bit.
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: May 22, 2005 - 16:04 Reply with quote Back to top

origami wrote:
At the moment, my Pro Elves are 222/232...and in need of a brutal game or two to knock them down a bit.

If you really need it:
I have some orcs usually hunting down chaos/orcs - but if you want your team bashed, challenge me...
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: May 22, 2005 - 17:00 Reply with quote Back to top

sk8bcn wrote:
dreadclaw, you just miss something: I never said I dislike nor Brit' nor Fairendorel. I am just displized with the fact they are pointing finger on some people when they are not completely clean themselves at least in my eyes (and the whole Grudge league group in case of Fairendorel).

Great sk8bcn, please enlighten me: When and where were I "pointing finger"s on "some people"? I merely said, that, from my experience, high ranked coaches are more likely to whine than mediocre ones. Much unlike you, I haven't dropped any names nor did I point fingers on anyone.

And forgive me that I am "not completely clean" myself as I have dared to leave the holy almighty Grudge League. If only I had known that such sacrilegeous act denies me the right to post any further observations of mine.

Geeze, I didn't even say that I wouldn't whine myself now and then, actually I remember only too good what happened when I myself realized that I lead the coach ranking: I became much more cautious with regard to my games when I didn't bother much before. And as I am a dime a dozen this will most likely be true for several other coaches as well.

Thus, I'd most humbly suggest that you stop the flame war please. Evil or Very Mad
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: May 22, 2005 - 17:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Farinroderel wrote:

...If only I had known that such sacrilegeous act denies me the right to post any further observations of mine.

Did you ever had the right to post before? :p
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: May 22, 2005 - 17:50 Reply with quote Back to top

sk8bcn wrote:

I don't like too see people posting on threads who are heating up that it is unpleasant. I had once a little flamming war with BunnyPuncher and I saw that I had misunderstood him. It never was against the person, especially consider the fact Bunny seems to be really cool, but against what he said. From confrontation, you lower frustration. At least it learns something.

Just ooc what was it about?

Not that it matters for in fine internet tradition....

I would have been right and you would have been wrong! Laughing

But seriously... what was it about?

Razz
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: May 22, 2005 - 18:10 Reply with quote Back to top

well we were talking about emm

"I will be jervis Jabloom and you will be richard cranium" and a thing alike.

Oh and you were not right and my wrong but I did not understand you. ;p
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: May 22, 2005 - 18:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Farinroderel wrote:
sk8bcn wrote:

Great sk8bcn, please enlighten me: When and where were I "pointing finger"s on "some people"? I merely said, that, from my experience, high ranked coaches are more likely to whine than mediocre ones. Much unlike you, I haven't dropped any names nor did I point fingers on anyone.

And forgive me that I am "not completely clean" myself as I have dared to leave the holy almighty Grudge League. If only I had known that such sacrilegeous act denies me the right to post any further observations of mine.

Geeze, I didn't even say that I wouldn't whine myself now and then, actually I remember only too good what happened when I myself realized that I lead the coach ranking: I became much more cautious with regard to my games when I didn't bother much before. And as I am a dime a dozen this will most likely be true for several other coaches as well.

Thus, I'd most humbly suggest that you stop the flame war please. Evil or Very Mad

question solved in private in chat Wink
DreadClaw

Post   Posted: May 22, 2005 - 18:36 Reply with quote Back to top

So, we're all being enlightened and that's good and all.. but for the love of the children! When DO WE BURN MACAVITY!!!!

Post   Posted: May 22, 2005 - 18:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Yep, everything is cool again between the two of us (sk8bcn and me)! Very Happy
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: May 22, 2005 - 19:51 Reply with quote Back to top

dread, shouldn't you start a poll about "should we burn Macavity"

mmm

I voted "I am a macavity" so somewhere, it's a bad idea.
DreadClaw

Post   Posted: May 22, 2005 - 19:53 Reply with quote Back to top

sk8bcn wrote:
dread, shouldn't you start a poll about "should we burn Macavity"

mmm

I voted "I am a macavity" so somewhere, it's a bad idea.

SEE! The Truth is unveiled! Macavity is taking over peoples bodies! Macavity is EVIL! Burn him! before we all become Macavity!

Post   Posted: May 22, 2005 - 19:57 Reply with quote Back to top

brownrob wrote:
I was really happy with the result today! Gotta love seeing Man Utd lose, even though im not an Arsenal man! Lesser of two evils Razz I mean this comment in relation to the flaming going on here Wink

Im suprised Dreadclaw hasnt taken the opportunity to shamelessly promote the now retired (Sad) Wh'ine Wink

NB: Some cheese with your whine? Razz

Wh'ine doesn't need promotion! He was, is and allways will be, the coolest cat on the Fumbbl lizardman Pack! Now then.. red or white, Wh'ine is allways the best!