54 coaches online • Server time: 14:36
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Macavity

Post   Posted: May 19, 2005 - 20:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I love watching Dreadclaw foul his way through my teams!!!!!

Post   Posted: May 20, 2005 - 15:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity wrote:
I love watching Dreadclaw foul his way through my teams!!!!!

*bows down* Thank you oh mighty one who has the forum spamming abilities! I shall promise thee not to let you down in any of our games. and if i do it's because my players were drunk!

Yours, The Destroyer of all things pixelly...
Dreadclaw

Post   Posted: May 20, 2005 - 15:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Dread: You know, I do believe that, other than being an odd git in the first place, anyone who had a job like mine would forum spam.

Another random fun thing to do is to intentionally seek out players/coaches with nasty reps and trash, bash, and out-score them (if you can). I think a lot of my positive attitude comes from one of my first games. This guy named Wuhan offered me a game.... His DE, my Dorfs. My buddy, who I'd convinced to try out the site, told me he was going to spec the game, so I had a channel open with him. He suddenly says I should check out the main channel. Someone had announced that "Wuhan was schooling some noob" and EVERYONE was speccing the game, and talking about my death-to-be. Did I cringe? Did I panic? No, I said to myself.... "Noob? I was playing this game well some of these guys were still wetting the bed! I learned my first strategy game when I was 2! (chess, I wasn't very good). School me? SCHOOL ME?!?!?!? BRING. IT. ON.!" So, with my one fan cheering, I watched Horkon Heart-ripper's poison dagger scrape off a few AV 9 guys, and, in his rush-to-crush, step a bit too close to my ball-carrier moving up the sidelines. Well, Dwarves have slayers, slayers have frenzy, Crowds go crazy, Horkon has Serious Injury. My informant on spectator comments said things got really quiet . . . Wuhan, who is a class guy, conceded the match after I scored, and you know what? It felt WAY better than beating a noob, or getting some good luck and beating an equal opponent. I had the world thinking I was the underdog, and I won! This is why I field a no-trees fling team, this is why my dwarves love the D.M.U., this is why Dread is a good guy to play against. When you should lose, but you don't, that is the best feeling! The more you "fix" a game, the less the victory means. I don't want to have the best rating, I want to be the best damn player you've ever played!!! (I have a ways to go)

Thanks for listening, this has been a public service announcement by Macavity, King of the Goldfish!

P.S. If you don't believe, see http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=578867

Post   Posted: May 20, 2005 - 15:50 Reply with quote Back to top

you make it sound like i school "noobs"... lol Very Happy I'm looking forward to a game mac Smile Now even more than before!

Post   Posted: May 20, 2005 - 16:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, Dread, you have the scariest flings out there, and I resent that!

Post   Posted: May 20, 2005 - 16:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Passing is fun. With any team the feeling of a succesful pass (preferably in a vital spot) is the best ever. Yeah I'm weird like that but a succesful pass is way better than a kill to me 8^)

Now if I only dared pass more...

So passing is fun. Pass more people! Maybe there should be a "passing group" Very Happy

Post   Posted: May 20, 2005 - 16:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Shinan wrote:
Passing is fun. With any team the feeling of a succesful pass (preferably in a vital spot) is the best ever. Yeah I'm weird like that but a succesful pass is way better than a kill to me 8^)

Now if I only dared pass more...

So passing is fun. Pass more people! Maybe there should be a "passing group" Very Happy

Can't we make a stunty Passing school? I mean, those guys need passing lessons more than any other race!

Post   Posted: May 20, 2005 - 16:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey, Flings can play!!! Passing is WAY more satisfying with flings or dwarves than with elves or gitters or over-skilled humans. Imagining your opponent's face when a short, fat player tosses that bladder down the field is the BEST!

Post   Posted: May 20, 2005 - 17:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity wrote:
Hey, Flings can play!!! Passing is WAY more satisfying with flings or dwarves than with elves or gitters or over-skilled humans. Imagining your opponent's face when a short, fat player tosses that bladder down the field is the BEST!

So true.. ow god i love longpassing balls with flings.. once scored a 1side to other side td.. throwing a long pass and a handoff with 4 gfis.. god that makes you feel ALIVE! almost as good as the beard to beard longbomb in tzs... almost.

Post   Posted: May 20, 2005 - 17:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I have to admit that when the ones that were meant to be passing passes a lot it's truly beautiful to watch. I.e. those damn elves. I mean long bombing from flank to flank in wall-passes over the heads of almost anything... It's just... MORE than fling and skellie passing, even though fling and skellie passing is nice too...

Post   Posted: May 20, 2005 - 17:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Shinan, I must admit that, in my opinion, you are off your nut! You've just joined my "Play" list. You will learn the ways of the goofy-fun-making-players-do-things-they-shouldn't-really-ever-try side!!!

Post   Posted: May 20, 2005 - 18:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity wrote:
Shinan, I must admit that, in my opinion, you are off your nut! You've just joined my "Play" list. You will learn the ways of the goofy-fun-making-players-do-things-they-shouldn't-really-ever-try side!!!

So, not just being my foulbait your slow as well? I found out shinan was a riot to play..errr..ages ago!

but your right. he is a nice coach to play, and a general laugh Very Happy

Post   Posted: May 20, 2005 - 18:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, he has a fling team, so he can't be hopeless, but he has trees on it.... What's up with that?

Post   Posted: May 20, 2005 - 18:44 Reply with quote Back to top

well named players really does help. In i rough match vs skaven i killed a player. Fortunately his name was X-mas. With that act i reached super-villian hights of hysteria.
Shinan

Post   Posted: May 20, 2005 - 18:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I actually considered making my halflings no-trees after both my trees reached 250SPPs but I just can't let go! And I like my TTM-ing! Not to mention that now you have fulfilled the task of having all-halflings so I no longer have to (*whew*).
But I have an all-skeleton team too. One that passes more than it... uhm... intercepts?