52 coaches online • Server time: 20:42
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blackbox Teamsgoto Post Secret Stunty Cup IVgoto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
D

Post   Posted: May 21, 2005 - 03:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I can't seem to get my CD bull to use his break tackle skill. Undoubtedly i'm doin somethin wrong, but i can't work out what and coincidentally, neither can my opponents... Do I need to activate it when i wish to use it, since its only once a turn? If so, how? I tried clicking on the skill.

Any help much appreciated. D.
Frankie

Post   Posted: May 21, 2005 - 03:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Have you tried to dodge? Wink
D

Post   Posted: May 21, 2005 - 03:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I try to move out of the zone and it gives me the usual roll using his agility.
Frankie

Post   Posted: May 21, 2005 - 04:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Then be happy! Break Tackle only works if you fail your standard dodge roll! Razz
trouble

Post   Posted: May 21, 2005 - 05:17 Reply with quote Back to top

really?
I didn't think that was how it worked.
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: May 21, 2005 - 07:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Regardless how it works in TT, here on fumbbl the client rolls for you, compares to your agility-needed roll. If you succeed, BT isn't used. It can then be used at a later time if need be. If you don't succeed vs agility, it compares the number to that needed using BT. If you succeed, great, you used the skill properly. If not, then you're up a creek no matter what you do.

Post   Posted: May 21, 2005 - 08:03 Reply with quote Back to top

What happens if my BC has BT and dodge? He rolls a 3 which is not enough to dodge but would succeed the BT. Does he auto reroll for dodge, uses BT or asks me witch too use?
keggiemckill

Post   Posted: May 21, 2005 - 10:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Could your BT on the CDs be a DB, or does the BT on the CDs have to be a BC. Or can a K and/or S have a BT on the LMT? I suppose only if I get enough SSP to get a Sk for the chance to get a BT. But then would I rather pick block with my S and/or K on the LMT? Same goes for the BC on the CDs?

Jeffro
XtremeXwing

Post   Posted: May 21, 2005 - 10:43 Reply with quote Back to top

doesnt the break tackle skill only work if the roll which you made would affect the dice rolls, like at all the ones you have failed, have you rolled ones by any chance?
Alanir

Post   Posted: May 21, 2005 - 11:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Break tackle will work before dodge. All skills are used after the roll unless specified, i.e. diving tackle, break tackle. It will not use the skill if not needed, because you would not on the tabletop unless you had a grand benevolent scheme of crapiness. If the client rolls a natural one or six, break tackle will not be used because it would not affect the outcome. No modifiers are showed, just like rolling a one for a pass. This works the same way for pileon and mighty blow. If the armor value roll+MB is sufficient to break armor, the client will assume you want to take that instead of going prone at the chance to get a +1 to the injury instead.
D

Post   Posted: May 21, 2005 - 14:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Right well, thanks for clearing that up for me. Though it does seem to have spawned more questions. Much appreciated Eagle and co.
rick_s_chris

Post   Posted: May 21, 2005 - 14:27 Reply with quote Back to top

keggiemckill wrote:
Could your BT on the CDs be a DB, or does the BT on the CDs have to be a BC. Or can a K and/or S have a BT on the LMT? I suppose only if I get enough SSP to get a Sk for the chance to get a BT. But then would I rather pick block with my S and/or K on the LMT? Same goes for the BC on the CDs?

lol
 Jump to: