58 coaches online • Server time: 17:29
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Getting diced 3 game...goto Post 7s for fummbl?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Azurus

Post   Posted: May 21, 2005 - 23:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Has anyone else started getting challenged a lot when they're not looking for a game?

Over the last couple of weeks I seem to have gotten a lot when I'm not on gamefinder, haven't lfg'ed and have already changed my name to Azurus-AFK.

When I come back to my keyboard recently I've been challenged by somebody, who often has already quit chat by the time I return.

So, do a lot of people challenge those who are AFK and not lfging, or have I just had a funny couple of weeks? Anyone else getting this?

NB: I don't include divF games in the above, since people there can see I'm 'around' on the faction page (ie I have the site up in the background while I'm not there), and with how hard it is to find games there - fair enough.

Post   Posted: May 22, 2005 - 02:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't like bieng challenged when i'm not on gamefinder, and don't like bieng challenged by people who don't have their team on there. But it does seem to be happening quite a bit lately.
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: May 22, 2005 - 20:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I quite often don't have my teams on gamefinder, as it is inevitable that 90% of the offers I receive are dwarves challenging my amazons or mass claw/rsc/dp chaos gunning for my skaven. (For the record, my ladies HAVE played and out-cas'd dwarves, while my skaven HAVE played and defeated those monster chaos, but I can't do that all the time and expect to live...) Therefore, I tend to prefer to do the challenging myself...call me a cherrypicker or whatever, I more often challenge UP in TR, I just choose teams which look like a fun match and won't destroy my team for me. But always the person is on gamefinder or LFG in chat...

Post   Posted: May 22, 2005 - 20:20 Reply with quote Back to top

had a geezer once who saw me put 1 team up on gamefinder, browsed through my profile, and decided he liked the look of one of my other teams, and challenged me to a match with a team i wasn't in the mood of playing at the time... does this come close?

unfortunately i don't have time for many games, so no, your situation hasn't happened to me lately...

The Congregation - Always Recruiting
[url=http://igolocal.net/badge.php?user_id=1949]Image [/url]
 Jump to: