29 coaches online • Server time: 10:58
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
BigMac

Post   Posted: May 30, 2005 - 10:51 Reply with quote Back to top

<BigMac> hiho
<BigMac> did you already find someone to take on your norse?
<Removed> no
<BigMac> well here i am ^^
<Removed> dont play dper's.
<Removed> broken.
<BigMac> lol?
<BigMac> man look at the number of block skills on your team
<BigMac> and on MINE
<BigMac> just how many fould do i get?
<Removed> dont play against Dp's. thanks, gl.

Teams:

He has an Ogre with Guard and Mighty Blow.
He has 12 Players with Block
He has 4 Blitzers with Frenzy to push guys out.

And he refuses to play a team with

3 Blitzers with Block
1 Blitzer with block and mighty blow
1 Lineman with Dirty Player.

Im sorry people, but this is NOT ok.
Its not perfectly ok for everybody to be completely free to chose to play or not. His Team was listed in Gamefinder, as was mine. So both of us want to play blood bowl. And this is what this place is about finding people and teams to play against.

Its ok to have rules and regulations to prevent abuse. Its ok not to be allowed play the same people all the time, its ok that you are not allowed to simply disconnect from a game. Its ok that you are not allowed to play against Teams that are way higher or lower rated than yours.

And this behaviour is tolerated?

De facto Removed has introduced his own House Rule to fumbbls ranked, which christer insists is a competitive lrb league. (which it is not, because of this flagrant abuse, and its beeing tolereated.

For Removed, the dirty player skill has just been removed from the LRB. All he has to do is refuse to play matches where it would be part of the game. So for Removed, Dirty Player does no longer exist.

My Teams are supposed to play everybody, and that includes a norse Minotaur that might show up whith Frenzy, Claws, Piling On and Mighty Blow. So i better be prepared.

But not Removed, he's making up his own rules.

His Coach rating is 160,68 his record 83/12/43
My Coach rating is 153,57 my record 27/12/19

NOW HOW RELEVANT EXACTLY ARE THESE NUMBERS?

Oh and this is not personal. I never have played him, and i never have chatted with him. But this conversation is an example of 20+ conversations i had last week with people of the exact same attitiude.

The only solution is to devide these groups of people. The whimps in a division of their own where they can play their beloved abuse tr600 dodgeball. And a propper division for the rest of us who can handle the nature of the game.

Im sorry for the rough tone, but i feel like quitting right now.
Laviak

Post   Posted: May 30, 2005 - 10:58 Reply with quote Back to top

It would probably be polite to remove the other person's name from the post, and also the link to his team.

Sinner

Post   Posted: May 30, 2005 - 11:00 Reply with quote Back to top

you are not alone. what you said is about the same as I did here

play me. I do not care about block :-O

Post   Posted: May 30, 2005 - 11:07 Reply with quote Back to top

if i removed the name, it would be way weaker to prove my point.

I dont mean to attack a person, and i dont mean to get into a fight.

All i want is a pool of people to play against, where i am guranteed that this attitude is not represented.

Sinner, thanks for the comforting =8[
ChrisB

Post   Posted: May 30, 2005 - 11:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I think everyone has the option to say no for any reason at any time. It's one of the reasoms fumbbl is great.

And yes I'd remove names and teams.

If you want less cherrypicking play in U.
Mezir

Post   Posted: May 30, 2005 - 11:12 Reply with quote Back to top

No this kind of post will not bring any changes. Christer has said plenty of times that the Open format is the essence of Fumbbl - choosing who to play and when to play.

Removed teams and names.

Post   Posted: May 30, 2005 - 11:13 Reply with quote Back to top

ChrisB wrote:
I think everyone has the option to say no for any reason at any time. It's one of the reasoms fumbbl is great.

And yes I'd remove names and teams.

If you want less cherrypicking play in U.

Does U really have less cherry-picking? I haven't experienced this (although truthfully I haven't played that much in U outside tourneys, so I may well be mistaken).

/johan
torsoboy

Post   Posted: May 30, 2005 - 11:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Suppose you played Amazons. Would you say yes to every dwarf game that comes your way?

I feel there is a grey area in accepting games. It's not a simple matter of saying "yes" to every game that seems fair to the gamefinder. It's about both coaches having fun.

Post   Posted: May 30, 2005 - 11:16 Reply with quote Back to top

YAWN...

BigMac, this is an Open League. This is not tabletop. This is a place where I can find the opponent I want. And this is why I love Ranked so much. Just stop these attacks vs Ranked. It works wonders, for bashers as well as for elfbowlers.
You will learn soon to be turned down. Or to not take DP. Smile

You have the right to take DP. Your opponent-to-be has the right to tell you "no, thanks". Simple enough.

I've been turned down with my TR200 humans with ONE tackle vs a +10TR +20TS Amazon team full of blodgers. I thought "this guy is nuts" but I didn't start a thread about it.
Surf the Gamefinder a bit and you'll get used to be turned down.
In the End, you will understand the simple fact that you can't expect ppl to accept your games at all. For whatever reason. If they feel like "no thanks", that's it.

Post   Posted: May 30, 2005 - 11:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah as soon as people are forced to play games against others the whole system of fumbbl will fall apart. As only team killer basher teams will be left. If you have a dirty team with tons of team killing skills don't be suprised when people tell you no way in hell. It is the way of things. I mean I don't like killing other teams or watching one I worked on die for no reason. Fouling when it is needed is one thing. Doing it because it makes you feel good is something entirely else. I guess I wasn't beaten up enough as a child so I don't need to go out and foul another team to make up for some insecurities I feel.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: May 30, 2005 - 11:19 Reply with quote Back to top

BigMac wrote:

Oh, one more thing:
These numbers are not relevant AT ALL. Unless you care about CR too much.

Just play and have fun. Who cares about CR and/or winning streaks????
Come on...

Post   Posted: May 30, 2005 - 11:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Most funny reason why I was refused a game:
It isn't an exact copy, but you get the bottom line.

-Smess: Hi, Your orx vs my high elves ? (his orx were about 10 higher in ST rating, no handicaps)
-No cos that clearly is a cherrypicking game for you
-Smess: ???
- You have a DP and that skill is broken, I wouldn't have a team left
-Smess:Right ...
-And your 3 mighty blows aren't going to do any damage ?
-I don't wanna play you, you are clearly a cherrypicker, because 4 of your ranked teams have a DP.

After that the conversation kinda exploded, because we both got angry, so I'll censor that part.

Anyway, he's the only coach that made it to my DNP list, luckily he isn't around anymore i believe.

Just try not to get annoyed with people who don't share your view of the game (alhough it's sometimes very hard, i must admit).
The great diversity of coaches is also something what makes fumbbl fun.
BigMac

Post   Posted: May 30, 2005 - 11:32 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:
BigMac wrote:

Oh, one more thing:
These numbers are not relevant AT ALL. Unless you care about CR too much.

Just play and have fun. Who cares about CR and/or winning streaks????
Come on...

Let me explain the rules of the game for you and your kind.

Winning is everything. Ranking is everything. If your team breaks, build a new one. All that matters is winning. Thats the way RANKED DIVISION works.

If you dont want to compete, then go away, play in one of the other divisions.

Thanks.
ChrisB

Post   Posted: May 30, 2005 - 11:38 Reply with quote Back to top

How can I say this nicely BigMAc - Fumbbl is a game and many people have different views on how it should be played. Try to find people who like to play it the way you do and enjoy. Its about having fun. Accept people won't play you for the most bizarre of reasons, accept there are always people with different views. Cherrypicking will always exist. Some people love fouls some do not. Some people like Dp some do not (you could actually sing this to the 'sunblock' tune if your bored).

Its only a game. there is no right or wrong way to play it except one. Try to enjoy it.
masterpaw

Post   Posted: May 30, 2005 - 11:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Every coach can decide freely about his matches.
Nothing more to say.
Full stop.