120 coaches online • Server time: 22:38
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post SWL Season 100!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Penix

Post 22 Posted: May 28, 2005 - 22:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Can somebody tell me why fouls are reason to get angry in blood bowl?
I just want to remember it's a sport in a warhammer world...
Player11

Post   Posted: May 28, 2005 - 22:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally i think fouling shouldn't be frowned upon. The ability to kill the other team is what makes blood bowl unique. That dosent mean that i will go out and foul anyone that is lying prone, but if there is someone that is a threat to me winning the game you better believe it he/she's getting a boot to the skull.
Funso

Post   Posted: May 28, 2005 - 22:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh cool.

We needed another one of these.
Afro

Post   Posted: May 28, 2005 - 22:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I love it. Fouling, another fouling thread, everything.

And Pie.

Post   Posted: May 28, 2005 - 22:21 Reply with quote Back to top

How about we make this a newbie only posting thread? Lets see their thoughts on the matter...

Besides, I'm sure none of them saw the 1000+ post thread already hanging around...

Z
Penix

Post 12 Posted: May 28, 2005 - 22:27 Reply with quote Back to top

"The ability to kill the other team is what makes blood bowl unique"

It can't be said better....
Kill, foul, throw to the frenzy mass of spectators.... it's better than winning!!!!!!!
I think those "fair players" should try games like NFL, or start to taste the real BLOOD Bowl.

(sorry if it sounds fascist, but i can't enjoy a game wich the other coach starts annoying with my game (wich depends on each team, of course))

PD: DonTomaso, i don't say it for you (thx for the "nice coach" int he comment Wink)
Vero

Post   Posted: May 28, 2005 - 22:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Useless post number z.
Penix

Post   Posted: May 28, 2005 - 22:37 Reply with quote Back to top

"How about we make this a newbie only posting thread? Lets see their thoughts on the matter...

Besides, I'm sure none of them saw the 1000+ post thread already hanging around... "

Yes, I'm a newby, sorry. Can I exist? Thx
As you'll supose i have lots of things to do more importants than reading the bible of fouls and dirty playing in the forum, so I started one to see opinions, that's all.
Anybody can write whatever wants, newbys and veterans that aren't tired of this theme. But plz, don't scorn us. Not everybody was born connected to fummbb.com
Pau

Post   Posted: May 28, 2005 - 22:44 Reply with quote Back to top

hahaha first page and someone already made the BLOOD in BLOOD BOWL comment. I love it. Oh, and pie too.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: May 28, 2005 - 22:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Penix wrote:
"How about we make this a newbie only posting thread? Lets see their thoughts on the matter...

Besides, I'm sure none of them saw the 1000+ post thread already hanging around... "

Yes, I'm a newby, sorry. Can I exist? Thx
As you'll supose i have lots of things to do more importants than reading the bible of fouls and dirty playing in the forum, so I started one to see opinions, that's all.
Anybody can write whatever wants, newbys and veterans that aren't tired of this theme. But plz, don't scorn us. Not everybody was born connected to fummbb.com

Sorry... no one here wanted to sound harsh, I suppose. But before posting ANOTHER thread you should just do a bit of search... 1000 posts thread is not the only one.... every week or so the same thread is created... over and over... so this is much more of a joke for those who have been here long.

Answering to your question, main points include:
1- Dirty Player is broken. Too powerful as it is.
2- Many here enjoy to build teams and fouling is one of the most killer things here, able to ruin a team.
3- Anyone can foul, so it's not really something you need to be proficient with. Take a DP and foul into oblivion half of the opponent's team.

Did I miss anything?
Very Happy

Obviously, many here think fouling is fine. Some think fouling is fun too. Just play your way and have fun. Very Happy

Fumbbl is cool because you can play your own way.

Post   Posted: May 28, 2005 - 22:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh: I love Pie too.

and remember: it's called BLOODbowl! Very Happy

Post   Posted: May 28, 2005 - 22:53 Reply with quote Back to top

It's BLOOD bowl... hilarity ensues.

See my signature.

On the other hand, do we really want someone resurrecting Fouling - Part of the game?

Post   Posted: May 28, 2005 - 23:00 Reply with quote Back to top

"Sorry... no one here wanted to sound harsh, I suppose. But before posting ANOTHER thread you should just do a bit of search... 1000 posts thread is not the only one.... every week or so the same thread is created... over and over... so this is much more of a joke for those who have been here long."

Thx JanMattys

Maybe I should, and maybe I did. I started rading "when did we started having fun?" and after the first page i was tired. Dunno how many pages were there, but i can't read all. So i posted this new one. Maybe I shouldn't, and I understand that vetereans could tired from this topic, but the only thing they must do in this case is not to read it (i think).

About having fun (the most important)... I like to create and grow up teams too, but is it not part of that work replacing victims of this world of violence? this game where cause casualties gives SP? where there are skills and methods to avoid heavy injuries?

I think that the same Jervis Johnson is fouler fan.
Mezir

Post   Posted: May 28, 2005 - 23:08 Reply with quote Back to top

What Jervis Johnson likes or does not like is pretty irrelevant. Anyway, in his baby, the Vault Rules, Dirty Player is being heavily nerfed, as far as I know, so he's probably not that keen on the skill. Wink

Post   Posted: May 28, 2005 - 23:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Are you moderator, aren't you? So you have to read all the posts (or many). I'm I wrong?
If it's this way you are the only one/s that can get angry with this kind o newposting and deserve my excuse, but understand me.
 Jump to: