35 coaches online • Server time: 09:09
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Jump up on a tree?goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mezir

Post   Posted: May 28, 2005 - 23:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not angry, more vaguely amused. Do a forum search. Smile

Post   Posted: May 28, 2005 - 23:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I will create in my page usual answers to foul threads.

Fouls are cool. Just foul. Say "in your face". If he complains, foul again. Say "in your face again". If he didn't foul anyway. Say the same.

Move on.

You will soon discover that players for fun don't complain on foul, and (excuses to Mully that I never player) usually are funnier.

I just hate guys that say "I never foul", but don't chat aren't fun at all, pfff.

To them, my DP knows how to make them speak ;p
Penix

Post   Posted: May 28, 2005 - 23:56 Reply with quote Back to top

xD

We should try a match, i like to talk while playing

Post   Posted: May 29, 2005 - 00:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Penix, welcome to FUMBBL!

Here is some good information for you to check out, regarding one of the most prolific and entertaining foulers on the site.

Also, let me commend you for taking the nickname you did- it is pretty close to something funny in English. Wink

As for fouling, I think that it is super lame when abused, but vitally useful and even necessary at times. That's just my opinion- I'll let you read the 999+ others in the forums at your leisure. Smile

Good luck and have fun,
~hunter

Post   Posted: May 29, 2005 - 02:07 Reply with quote Back to top

fouling is evil... you'll never catch me doing it. i just sometimes get confused between the "foul" button and the "give a bunch of flowers to the oposition" button....

seriously fouling is one of those points that people will always disagree on. some people love doing it (like me. i foul for 16 turns if i can and prefer to play people who do the same), some people do it tacticaly and some people never do it.
the joy of fumbbl is the wide difference of views and playing styles. i know that theres hundreds of coaches out there that dont wanna play me and thats cool.... they get their fun where they find it and theres hundreds of coaches who love to play the bloody games that i always try to produce. let everyone find their fun were they can...... lifes too short to do anything else.
anyone who likes the blood side of bloodbowl (and will put their team both at risk and in a position to kill mine) should know to contact one of us "foulers" anytime they want a bloodfest.

play, enjoy, dont worry how everyone else plays....... its all just a game and we're all trying to have our fun.

P.S. sry if this makes no sense.... i'm realy drunk right now Very Happy

Post   Posted: May 29, 2005 - 12:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Penix, you think fouling is fun?

Well done, you agree with 90% of people who play here.

Why are you trying to convince people here (most of whom love fouling) that fouling is good.

You're preeching to the choir here buddy.
Penix

Post   Posted: May 29, 2005 - 13:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, i didn't know that 90%. But if you really think that is a representative %, i feel more safe when playing this way.
I started this thinking that foulers were a minority (i know i should have read a lot more), so i felt in danger to become condemned to play always against the same coaches.

Just one more thing, does it happens the same in tournaments?
I don't still play it, but i'd like someday.

"Also, let me commend you for taking the nickname you did- it is pretty close to something funny in English. "
It's not closer, it's part of that "funny thing". xD

Post   Posted: May 29, 2005 - 13:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Couldnt we make a whole forum index only about fouling?

We could call it BLOODbowl and have it just under "Bloodbowl" and over "JavaBBowl Client".

By the way.
I like pie! Very Happy
Bendrig

Post   Posted: May 29, 2005 - 13:50 Reply with quote Back to top

[quote="JanMattys"]
Penix wrote:
"How about we make this a newbie only posting thread? Lets see their thought
3- Anyone can foul, so it's not really something you need to be proficient with. Take a DP and foul into oblivion half of the opponent's team.

*sniff*

I never seem to be able to foul. Does this make me no-one? Wink

thingie.
keggiemckill

Post   Posted: May 29, 2005 - 14:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Shakespear said it best, and I quote " Fair is foul, and foul is fair..."
You cant argue with Bill, now can you? Or Pie, everyone likes pie? Louissianna Mud Pies my favorite.

Jeffro
Penix

Post   Posted: May 29, 2005 - 15:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I didn't wrote it bendrig

Post   Posted: May 29, 2005 - 15:37 Reply with quote Back to top

.... "this game where cause casualties gives SP? " ....

i just would like to remember to newbies that fouling and crowd pushing didnt give any SPP to your players.

so what i'm telling is just..please, dont get mad if your DP just killed my wardancer and you didn't get your second skill on it..

cya
(remember to have fun)
LordSnotball

Post   Posted: May 29, 2005 - 15:37 Reply with quote Back to top

the best way to learn is to ask i always say... and there's no such thing as a stupid question, just a stupid answer... this thread was 'slightly different' because he wasn't trying to convince/complain/encourage, he just wanted to know why ppl got upset... different approach, and not criticising anyone...

and as he reads a few more posts, he'll get the gist of it...

The Congregation - Always Recruiting
[url=http://igolocal.net/badge.php?user_id=1949]Image [/url]
Wizard

Post   Posted: May 29, 2005 - 15:58 Reply with quote Back to top

<Wizard> bblast wuhan
<BowlBot> Wizard: wuhan was online 32 days, 16 hours, 30 minutes ago.

Post   Posted: May 29, 2005 - 16:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, a foul can win you the game.

But if you foul senselessly, or when the game is decided, or in the 16 turn, when nothing more than destroying your opponents team can come from it?

If you foul like mentioned above, you probably lose a potential friend, and if you miss out on a nice friendship, have you really won?

One players fun should not be at the expense of the other player.

But that's just me, and I'm a whiny bastard...

Jump to: