48 coaches online • Server time: 17:25
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JanMattys

Post   Posted: May 30, 2005 - 11:45 Reply with quote Back to top

BigMac wrote:
JanMattys wrote:
BigMac wrote:

His Coach rating is 160,68 his record 83/12/43
My Coach rating is 153,57 my record 27/12/19

NOW HOW RELEVANT EXACTLY ARE THESE NUMBERS?

Oh, one more thing:
These numbers are not relevant AT ALL. Unless you care about CR too much.

Just play and have fun. Who cares about CR and/or winning streaks????
Come on...

Let me explain the rules of the game for you and your kind.

Winning is everything. Ranking is everything. If your team breaks, build a new one. All that matters is winning. Thats the way RANKED DIVISION works.

If you dont want to compete, then go away, play in one of the other divisions.

Thanks.

LOL
1- Me and my kind? Shocked
2- I always play to win. Ask around. And I will be glad to face the team you fancy with any of my teams. If you annihilate me and win 3-0 all I will say is "well, congrats". You have by no means the right to label "me and my kind" because of a comment. Face me, outplay me, outscore me, outbash me. Until you do that, just keep your silly generalizations for yourself dude. Very Happy
3-As you can read here Ranked is a competitive BUT OPEN League. If you can't understand this, probably you only see Fumbbl as a site that lets you play any team without buying from GW... and you can't see the greatness behind this awesome community. Pity, if you ask me.

Anyway, these are my ideas. I do respect yours (even if I think you lack some understanding of the word "Open"), but it seems like you don't respect mine, and consider me some sort of silly guy who only plays "secure games" (after all, those who do not agree with you must be scared to compete!).

Fine for me.
My suggestions were aimed to introducing you to a different point of view, to maximize your fun out of Fumbbl before you decide to leave (as you wrote in your first post). Sadly, my suggestions came on deaf ears.
Have fun the way you prefer, lad. Smile

Post   Posted: May 30, 2005 - 11:49
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

while we reinvent the wheel for 725th time (and reprove that not everything is perfect but no one can think of a system that they can persuade more or less anyone else is superior) I'll add in my usual refrain.

Can everyone please stop assuming that everyone else agrees with your definition of 'cherrypicking'

As it is a term that can variously mean:

Playing lower cr coaches.
Playing lower str or tr teams.
Playing against weaker races.
Playing with percieved 'broken' skills.
Playing new coaches only.
Refusing match ups against percieved stronger races.
Refusing matches against stronger coaches.
Refusing to face certain skill sets.
Playing balanced str games but always seeking handicaps.

And about 8 million other options and combinations.

When are people going to wake up to the fact that its only usable definition of 'Cherrypicking' is 'To play in a way which contravenes the personal moral decisions of the accuser about the nature of Blood Bowl gaming' and is hence a completely redundant phrase that mainly serves only to highlight the slefish attitude of the person using it.

Any system will generate people 'meta-gaming', or playing the system, so lets all just grow up and move on.

Oh, and the numbers mean nothing. They just look pretty. Thats all you can ever really say about any statistic. They are artistic, not scientific. There to divert and entertain.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: May 30, 2005 - 11:50 Reply with quote Back to top

AMEN to that.

Post   Posted: May 30, 2005 - 11:53 Reply with quote Back to top

PurpleChest wrote:
When are people going to wake up to the fact that its only usable definition of 'Cherrypicking' is 'To play in a way which contravenes the personal moral decisions of the accuser about the nature of Blood Bowl gaming' and is hence a completely redundant phrase that mainly serves only to highlight the slefish attitude of the person using it.

You are my hero! Very Happy

That is more correct than a correct thing and applies to this thread in a very good way.

Post   Posted: May 30, 2005 - 11:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Stop whining Big Mac. This is hardly the first time you winge about this.

If people don't want to play you, then they don't have to.

Ranked is not just about winning.

For some people, Ranked is about having fun. For some people Ranked is about testing team ideas and tactics. For some, Ranked is about fouling, and ignoring the ball.

Remember, Ranked isn't the division for all out competetiveness. That's what Faction is for. Ranked is loved because it is light hearted and the place to go for a no pressure game. Sure, you can decide to put pressure on yourself and care about CR, but most of us don't, and that is the way these people want to play.

Don't be so rude as to say how they must play.
ChrisB

Post   Posted: May 30, 2005 - 11:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Purple That was well said. Like the cherrypicking bit in particluar.
Smess

Post   Posted: May 30, 2005 - 11:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice one Pruple
Mithrilpoint

Post   Posted: May 30, 2005 - 12:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I´ll second your post as well Purplechest. Very nicely put. I agree.

BigMac, have you considered that the Ranked division you percieve may be totally different from the Ranked division other people percieve?

No forced matchups. Play who you like the way you like when you like. Very few rules (40 ts max). Thats how i see ranked.

Quote:
Winning is everything. Ranking is everything. If your team breaks, build a new one. All that matters is winning. Thats the way RANKED DIVISION works.

Your definition sounds a bit more like Faction to me. Have you tried it out? I´m guessing you´ll like it.

M
Melonhead

Post   Posted: May 30, 2005 - 12:06 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:
...probably you only see Fumbbl as a site that lets you play any team without buying from GW...

Twisted Evil... Twisted Evil .... Twisted Evil
JanMattys

Post   Posted: May 30, 2005 - 12:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Melonhead wrote:
JanMattys wrote:
...probably you only see Fumbbl as a site that lets you play any team without buying from GW...

Twisted Evil... Twisted Evil .... Twisted Evil

Rolling Eyes
"only" is the keyword in my sentence, Melonhead... Very Happy

Post   Posted: May 30, 2005 - 12:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Lol, I think he´s got the point now lads, no response for a while now. Overconvinced or just angry that no one agrees with him. Wink

Freedom of choice, gotta love it!

Post   Posted: May 30, 2005 - 12:17 Reply with quote Back to top

ChrisB wrote:
I think everyone has the option to say no for any reason at any time. It's one of the reasoms fumbbl is great.

And yes I'd remove names and teams.

If you want less cherrypicking play in U.

yes i agree
and i think it`s something like democraty
you may say something, but you must not.
angelface

Post   Posted: May 30, 2005 - 12:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Last night I met a girl.
I asked her: Do you want me to show you my collection of matchboxes?
She said: No.
I think something is going wrong here.
Funso

Post   Posted: May 30, 2005 - 12:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Angelface, that was very rude of her.
Optihut

Post   Posted: May 30, 2005 - 12:56 Reply with quote Back to top

BigMac wrote:
Let me explain the rules of the game for you and your kind.

By not playing you and looking for an easier match, the guy you wanted to play against actually increased his chances for winning. If winning is everything in ranked, then that's pretty much a good justification for turning your team down, isn't it?

I have to agree with the others, ranked has the most players and there's almost always someone around willing to play you. If people want to play games that actually revolve around playing skill, they should join a tournament.
 Jump to: