56 coaches online • Server time: 23:41
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post SWL Season 100!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2005 - 21:41 Reply with quote Back to top

liquidorange wrote:
In any given match, there are only a limited number of possibilities. Either...

a) You are the better coach and win primarily through your strategies and some luck (because there is always -some- involved).

b) Your coaching skill is equal to that of your opponent and the person with the better luck will win the match.

c) You are the inferior coach, but luck happens to be on your side and you win the match despite all expectations to the contrary.

In cases where people complain about luck, it would appear that they are assuming you fall under option C listed above. In short, by complaining about your luck, they are indirectly saying you suck as a coach and they never should've lost to you. Hooray!

P.S. Paulhicks: Happy to oblige! Smile

id say.. there three possibiltys, why you win... mostly its a mixture of all... dont miss point b

a) Your the better coach
b) You got the better team
c) You got luck when you need it

good thing about propabilitys is that this factor dont count on the long run
Ironik

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2005 - 21:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Shepherd wrote:
The word "lucktalker" makes me think of somebody with direct magical access to the forces of luck, able to "talk" the Fates into interfering on his/her behalf.

I'm more "luckdeaf," which means that on the odd occasion that Dame Fortune smiles upon me, I'm too busy looking at my shoes to notice.

Something use the Luck Luke, Sheperd???
zenemuse

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2005 - 22:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Luck. I hate the word, as I hate hell, all Lucktalkers, and thee!

Oh, and a lucky pie is 3 egg's, 4 cups flour, 1 tbl spoon butter, a smidge of salt, 4 cups sliced peaches, 1/2 cup diced walnut's and baked at 375 for 1 hour.
Curro

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2005 - 23:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I´m not english spoker, and I don´t know how to express what I want to do. I guess you all know what I really want to say... if not... I hate you!! jeje
Zenemuse, the best form that we make an idea of the lucky pie, is that you cook one and send my on express mail.
I´ll hate you if you don´t!!!
Wink
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2005 - 10:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Webbe wrote:
I like people that whine about me whining about bad/good luck (like many people posting in this thread) cause this means they whine too and it's their way of accepting me whining.

hey I found my flaming target: Webbe!!! ;p

okay Webbe, I agree that in our game, you whined. It was not excessive but it's a bit annoying to look at it and then to see the luck suddenly chance of side.

ps: I lost and I think Webbe played better than I did. He deserves his win but still. I didn't tell anything about the little whining he made at the beginning but it doesn't especially make the game fun.

The fact I didn't tell anything means I disagree with it then? he he.

You know why whining is unfun for the opposing coach? Because it's a game. Guys should accept it. It means dice rolling for both side.

Conclusion: Never Whine!
 Jump to: