72 coaches online • Server time: 23:31
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post New Gnones vs Old Gn...goto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Will you help beat up the Orcs?
Yes.
14%
 14%  [ 8 ]
No.
42%
 42%  [ 24 ]
Macavity.
43%
 43%  [ 25 ]
Total Votes : 57

Woodpecker

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2005 - 22:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, you've probably heard of the DMU and EMU. Well, I like Elves and Dwarves. But I don't like Orcs. I've wanted to join an OMU for a while, but there isn't one.
So I've decided to make one.

Will you join? Twisted Evil

Group page: http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=2526
thesquig

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2005 - 22:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmph.

Macavity

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2005 - 22:53 Reply with quote Back to top

My Boyz will happily provide targets! I love the DMU, I'll love the OMU!!!!!

I'll never join though... weirdo

Last edited by Macavity on %b %21, %2005 - %22:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
Woodpecker

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2005 - 22:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Good, good. Number one on our hitlist: Macavity.
Macavity

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2005 - 22:59 Reply with quote Back to top

6/6/3 BABY!!! Bring it on!!! p.s. I may have the only BOB trying to make the top ten interceptions list

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2005 - 23:01 Reply with quote Back to top

i can honestly advise against this. i set up dmu and closed it after 2 dull and overworked seasons. EMU is great cuz its a laugh and was original but dont think that an omu means tougher opponents. i thought that with dmu and i was wrong.
elves can be very choosy about their games but orcs and dwarfs, particularly at high level, will take just about any game offer. the winner then becomes the chaos team with the most claw, rsc +dp with the coach with the most time whos happy to pick weaker bashy teams apart and think this makes him tough. in fact id like to take this opportunity to apologise for dmu. it ended up in cherrypicking teams so desperate for a game that they let it happen. it was never my original intention and i closed it as soon as i realised.

add to this the fact that you need christers permision to set up a ranked group (which im sure you have Wink )

better to play for blood because you enjoy it and are always willing to put your teams at the same risk. "kill points" mean nothing.

Last edited by paulhicks on %b %21, %2005 - %23:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
Nordmark

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2005 - 23:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Why not just create an MU for every race and be done with it already...

p.s. You are still missing the UMU (Undead Mangling Union) also known as the Inquisition Wink

Not to mention the SMU (Scale Manglin Union)
VMU (Viking Mangling Union)
BMU (Block Mangling Union)
LMU (Lame Mangling Union)
and of course the ILTHOGMU(I Like To Hit On Girls Mangling Union)

I can probably squeeze in a few more...

Last edited by Nordmark on %b %21, %2005 - %23:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
Macavity

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2005 - 23:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, Dwarves don't get games so..... It was nice, even if it meant blood. I wish it was still around.... You know there is not one Active Ranked Dwarf legend out there?

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2005 - 23:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmm. Well, it isn't really a ranked group. It's an all devision group. D'you need permission for that?
paulhicks

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2005 - 23:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity wrote:
Well, Dwarves don't get games so..... It was nice, even if it meant blood. I wish it was still around.... You know there is not one Active Ranked Dwarf legend out there?

i know that a lot of dwarf coaches were gratefull for the games but it all still came down to chaos teams full of killer skills deliberatly playing weaker bashers to gain points.

remember an orc or a dwarf are no thougher than an elf when surrounded by linos and kicked in the head with a dp

and yes if it includes ranked you still need permision

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2005 - 23:14 Reply with quote Back to top

i know it sounds like im just shooting down an idea and being totaly negative which is something i hate in ideas posts but im just trying to stop you making my mistake.

out of interest i bet i could tell you which coach will win it (if he enters) in advance Wink

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2005 - 23:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't join these Mangling Unions, - I'm not a racist. I think of my self as an equal-opportunity killer.

But seriously, Well said Paul. Kill points against teams that can't defend themselves when your teams loaded with claw/rsc/dp/mb really don't mean much in my book. If they can defend themselves and actually fight back, then fine and you actually have a decent game there. But unfortunately most of these mangling unions end up as a bunch of guys cherrypicking their games over people who can't fight back in an attempt to become the "#1 basher". About as brave and challenging as setting up a halfling mangling union in my opinion.
Woodpecker

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2005 - 23:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmm. I'm going to give it a try. I've messaged Christer asking for permission. If it turns out how you say it will, I may just have to make a Cherrypicking rule. Razz
So who would win?
Macavity

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2005 - 23:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll win. I'll destroy all your members while winning the games with my elf-like skill and laugh.

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2005 - 23:27 Reply with quote Back to top

ok if youre going ahead with it i wish you luck and hope that you prove me wrong.

i offer this advice based on my own experience:
1) set up a points system which rewards playing up and gives fewer points for playing down
2) check the matches to watch for people persistantly picking on noobs
3) make a rule that all teams must have in their bio that they are a member of OMU + an explaination of what this means
4) offer bunnypuncher huge bags of imaginary gold for the lease of his idea
5) try banning or restricting dp's
6) make winning/ tds as important as injuries

please feel free to disregard all this advice and be aware that i will be making a new orc team to hunt all members Smile

Last edited by paulhicks on %b %21, %2005 - %23:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
 Jump to: