90 coaches online • Server time: 21:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Getting diced 3 game...goto Post 7s for fummbl?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Macavity

Post 22 Posted: Jul 01, 2005 - 19:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't want to upset anyone, so I ask: What is the best thing to do if a support ticket does not appear to be being resolved in a timely manner? Is it better to re-submit it? Wait? PM someone in particular? I have no problem with waiting for a while if that is the simple solution, but I've liked all the admin responses I've had so far, and would not want to upset anyone. What is the correct course of action?

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2005 - 19:42 Reply with quote Back to top

what was it? they may take some time to resolve it.
Macavity

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2005 - 19:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Skill change. Just wondering how long I should wait.

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2005 - 19:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Support ticket is still sitting there. I can't handle it (lack sufficient access), Christer hardly gets on-line anymore, and peikko is on strike for being second in the "Fumbbl Most Hated" poll. So you may end up waiting a very long time.

Sad

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2005 - 19:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Support ticket is still sitting there. I can't handle it (lack sufficient access), Christer hardly gets on-line anymore, and peikko is on strike for being second in the "Fumbbl Most Hated" poll. So you may end up waiting a very long time.

I certainly hope you're kidding Mez. If not, we need more gorilla meat.

and #2 - PS - is he trying for #1 ?

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2005 - 19:56 Reply with quote Back to top

No kidding. Only full admins (silverbacks) can do skill change stuff. Gorillas (security officers) handle match results that are stuck and rules violation issues, which don't require database access.

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2005 - 20:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Mezir wrote:
...and peikko is on strike for being second in the "Fumbbl Most Hated" poll....Sad

Jeez ... Why?... He's always been superb and nice whenever he's sorted anything out for me... in fact, that goes for all the admins!
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2005 - 20:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Gorilla meat won't do. It needs to be a full admin for most stuff. Sure does show why Peikko doesn't deserve to be on the 10 most hated list, eh?

In terms of administration tools (not authority, just the stuff we are physically capable of doing), Gorillas can:
- Block and unblock coaches.
- Push match results through.
- Access the support tickets and a few other monitoring tools.
(+ the normal monkey stuff like renaming players and teams)

While there are additional rights and responsibilities, in terms of the site, that's all we can do. Anything like the skill changes, removing old tourneys from your group page, etc... requires an admin.

The admins are, as we all know, Christer, Klipp, Grum, Zy and Peikko. Which one do you think is around most and does most of the daily maintainance?

A short time ago, I went through and cleaned out all the support tickets I was physically capable of handling. There are now 16 left. Normally there's 4 or 5 open at any given time and most of those are either cycling through quickly or waiting for Peikko (usually) to do a skill change or something.

It should make you appreciate one of the Most Hated Guys. Given the way these things usually turn out, I'm sure everyone will whine that he dared to actually demonstrate how much he does on their behalf.

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2005 - 20:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't get why he got the second award. any reason why people hate peikko?
Macavity

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2005 - 20:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm actually now in full support of my ticket sitting there. Good for Peikko for going on strike. More power to him, I can wait as long as I need to.

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2005 - 20:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Pau wrote:
I don't get why he got the second award. any reason why people hate peikko?

Because people didn't like the way he handled the changes in Stunty. Hell, I wasn't particularly fond of the way he handled it. I couldn't care less about the changes themselves (having not played stunty since it was new) but people kept ragging on him and he kept getting even more angry and it just kind of spiraled away from everyone there.

Unfortunately, those few, dramatic incidents made for a whole lot of splash and everyone suddenly managed to overlook both the deluge of criticism and the volumes of good work he was doing from the moment he took the reins.

I may not have liked the way he handled things, but I would never claim that I would have done any better if I were thrown into the same situation. Anyone who does is, quite frankly, full of shit, if you ask me.

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2005 - 20:44 Reply with quote Back to top

peikko has pretty much handled all the of the few support tickets I've sent. Ok going on strike isnt the coolest thing to do, but since the others dont seem to be around as much (I dunno bout Mr Klipp, he wasnt around when I joined) I think its a good idea to cut him a little slack.

Mully

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2005 - 21:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Buskopanz
26% [ 30 ]
BunnyPuncher
5% [ 6 ]
albator2001
10% [ 12 ]
Dony
4% [ 5 ]
Force / BigMac
7% [ 9 ]
Peikko
13% [ 16 ]
Thrall
9% [ 11 ]
KKKK
5% [ 6 ]
SarumanTheWhite
7% [ 9 ]

Total Votes : 115

IF its true (what Mez said)

Boycotting/striking the site serving 2,000 active coaches because of the votes of 16??? Half of those which are probably EVO voting multiple times.

I'm sorry, that's just childish. I guess I'll wait for my skill change till the tantrum subsides.

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2005 - 22:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Mully wrote:
Boycotting/striking the site serving 2,000 active coaches because of the votes of 16??? Half of those which are probably EVO voting multiple times.

Ok, how about boycotting/striking the site serving 2,000 active coaches because of the vote of 1 - himself.

You act as though it's his responsibility and obligation to do so. Any such obligations and responsiblities are things he took on himself. Who the Hell are you to say that he owes the 2,000 people here anything? Anything selfless that anyone here does for the community as a whole is a favor - and one that should be appreciated - not anticipated.

To claim that it's selfish to NOT donate enormous amounts of time is patently ridiculous. Instead, one should try to show a modicum of appreciation when someone actually DOES go through the extra effort. Instead, he gets put on the list of most hated people. Nice.

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2005 - 22:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Easy BMM. I agree with you whole heartedly, but go walk around the block before another response, maybe? (you've saved me from saying regrettable things in the past, just hoping to return the favour)