26 coaches online • Server time: 01:45
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
mattiash

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2005 - 00:03 Reply with quote Back to top

My vampire team is lots of fun to play, but I only win 1/3 game so my FF is hurting a bit. And since my TR is steadilly climbing from SPP I'm starting to earn crap.

Reciently I got a couple of missed from playing a fun game against orcs and now I'm thinking I might aswell take the chance of doing an overhaul of the team. The Thralls are hogging SPP and while it's good to have solid linemen there's a lot of dead SPP there.

Does anyone have a good advice on what to do next with these guys? Who to fire and who to hire? Or should I just trot along after a nice recovery game?

Note: My aim is to get more vampires ofcourse, and maybe another RR. In that order

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=174907

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2005 - 00:10 Reply with quote Back to top

What about hiring another vampire?
other three have pro.
mattiash

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2005 - 00:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Money issue. I've been collecting and collecting... And now I got 3 niggles and 3 missing... Should just keep the damaged players and the money?

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2005 - 00:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Trot along after a recovery game. You don't have any spps-bloated niggled thralls and you have 7 rrs when you factor in the leader rr. I would buy another Vamp and, unfortunately for some, avoid bashy teams whenever you can. Very few squads can withstand multiple games above TR/TS 200 with Orcs, Dwarves, etc.

PM Burnalot if you have any specific questions. He has one of the longest running Vamp teams and plays them very well.

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2005 - 00:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I also pride myself as an accomplished vampire coach. Your team is doing good, if it wasn't for the two nigglers. These guys should be on the line of scrimmage as much as possible and retired if they get hurt again. If I were you, I'd either save for a vamp or buy 1-2 thralls. Buying thralls has the advantage of being able to field more guys for your next game, but it delays buying the next vamp which is also sorely needed.

My advice is also to choose your opponent wisely in terms of fan factor. You should try to play against teams with high FF as much as you can. Be on the lookout for such teams and challenge them for a game. Winnings have a huge effect of the survivability of your team, so you should try to maximize that aspect of the game. I'd also dump the cheerleaders and assistant coaches if it means you can make an extra 10K. Right now it won't make a difference, but it might later on.

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2005 - 02:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I fired the niggling vampire. Everytime he niggles, I'm sure to loose and I can't have that. Besides, I always get handicap against me so there's also a chance for Virus. It hurt, 46SPP down the drain... But after a recoverygame my TS went way up.

Back to three uninjured vampires, gonna save for a fourth now. And people been calling me... not so bright for even having cheerleaders... Razz Well I like them!! But if firing one'll put me at TR200 I won't hesitate.

Thanks for the input, I feel on track now.

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2005 - 02:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Yup, like Uber said look for some lighter matches. Play some woodies, get some cash while avoiding murder games. Start breaking in rookie vamps.

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2005 - 01:42 Reply with quote Back to top

How about this for recovery?

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=817662

Three of those injuries were my own vampires...

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2005 - 08:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Ouch.

Well, I know this kind of recovery game. I do not dare to name the word when searching for one. Only brings the cas.
So: DO NOT NAME THE RECOVERY!

Crying or Very sad

But, as it seems, you are well below TR200 and the difference between TR and TS is much smaller then it has before...
So, good luck in the next games...
Wink Wink
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2005 - 09:39 Reply with quote Back to top

My advice: Foul.
I don't like fouling and I never foul. But I don't have a Vampire Team. You have AV7 thralls and Vampires who hurt their own comrades. If you find yourself in a situation where the Mighty Boot comes handy, do not hesitate.

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2005 - 18:16 Reply with quote Back to top

If you have dp on the team, forget getting games against woodies and other "soft" opponents. Some coaches will stop playing you if you foul in game without a dp too, (this is the sad part) make sure its cool with them before fouling.