56 coaches online • Server time: 17:42
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post New Gnones vs Old Gn...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mezir

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2005 - 15:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I can't remember if anybody has ever been blocked for this...

But last time I was asked the question if it was legal to concede a game in turn 1 in order to get your MNGs back... I answered no. And I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the other admins agree with me. So don't do it, lads. It counts as a fixed match (even if it's one-sided fixing).

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2005 - 16:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Last time i had to concede (and it was the first time i did) because i got a visit and couldn´t say "Sorry but you have to wait for a hour,.....".

I would never concede a gama, because i´m 0-4 back and only 4 players lying on the pitch......
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2005 - 16:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Mezir wrote:
I can't remember if anybody has ever been blocked for this...

But last time I was asked the question if it was legal to concede a game in turn 1 in order to get your MNGs back... I answered no. And I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the other admins agree with me. So don't do it, lads. It counts as a fixed match (even if it's one-sided fixing).

Not that I would ever do that, and tbh I usually understand and approve admins decisions, but "One sided fixing" seems a bit of an oxymoron to me... And, more than this, a thng that would be against the general rules.

It's not a pre-game arrangement. Better: it is, but only in the player's head. No way to control it in any reliable way. What if I start a game and suddendly realize I have to go? I just concede and go. If it's turn 2, and I have a blitzer mng, will I be banned?

I think it's dangerous to put behaviour restrinctions so far.

Imho.

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2005 - 16:20 Reply with quote Back to top

first post from Jan: for me, you are exactely descibing a pre-game arrangement.

second post from Jan: I disagree here too. I can see why it is dangerous. Just because, you cannot have any proof it wasn't arranged (e.g. in order to get some CR)

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2005 - 16:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Somebody who conceds games to get MNGs back will obviously do it more than once... So it'll become obvious. We don't usually go ninja ape on people because on a first offence, especially when it's possible that what we see is not what is real.

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2005 - 16:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Mezir wrote:
Somebody who conceds games to get MNGs back will obviously do it more than once... So it'll become obvious. We don't usually go ninja ape on people because on a first offence, especially when it's possible that what we see is not what is real.

Pity.
I love ninja apes... Sad

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2005 - 16:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the admins should have the proof or at least a very strung suspicion (don't know how to spell that) that someone has broken the rule. If you look at the replays you sometimes see that a match was fixed. I don't think anyone should be banned or punished for conceeding (even turn 1) unless its obvious the conceeder has broken the rules (asking, being denied, doing neverthelss or many similar concessions). It could be nescessary for someoneto conceed who plays shorthanded if a virus strikes some nigglers just to preserve the rest of his team. In this case i wouldn't call that even bad sportsmanship.
I disagree with mezir on one-sided-fixing (sounds a bit like lonely intercourse). If I don't agree with my opponent on doing sth like that, it doesn't seem to be a breach of rules. But the admins decide if rules are broken, so they are always right (even if only by definition). Not adhearing to the admins IS a breach of rules (concerning rules-questions).

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2005 - 16:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Markus wrote:
I think the admins should have the proof or at least a very strung suspicion (don't know how to spell that) that someone has broken the rule. If you look at the replays you sometimes see that a match was fixed. I don't think anyone should be banned or punished for conceeding (even turn 1) unless its obvious the conceeder has broken the rules (asking, being denied, doing neverthelss or many similar concessions). It could be nescessary for someoneto conceed who plays shorthanded if a virus strikes some nigglers just to preserve the rest of his team. In this case i wouldn't call that even bad sportsmanship.
I disagree with mezir on one-sided-fixing (sounds a bit like lonely intercourse). If I don't agree with my opponent on doing sth like that, it doesn't seem to be a breach of rules. But the admins decide if rules are broken, so they are always right (even if only by definition). Not adhearing to the admins IS a breach of rules (concerning rules-questions).

I agree with all this.
My issue is: Mezir is giving a personal opinion, a possible interpretation of rules, or is stating a rule?
If he is stating a rule, then I have nothing against it (I always played to have mngs back anyway), but I think the "Fumbbl general rules" section concerning games needs an update about this because the point is not clear as they are now.

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2005 - 03:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Of course, the revised league rules have put forward an attempt to fix concession. Anyone read em? It's something like all the normal rules, plus you automatically lose a FF and can't roll to gain one, PLUS any players with more than 51 SPP on your team make a 50% rule to leave your team forever. I guess they didn't like that tactic. ;P
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2005 - 13:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Darkewolfe wrote:
Of course, the revised league rules have put forward an attempt to fix concession. Anyone read em? It's something like all the normal rules, plus you automatically lose a FF and can't roll to gain one, PLUS any players with more than 51 SPP on your team make a 50% rule to leave your team forever. I guess they didn't like that tactic. ;P

is darkewolfe just darkwolf? You managed to get banned????