50 coaches online • Server time: 14:20
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Getting diced 3 game...goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post 7s for fummbl?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
nin

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2005 - 00:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Realism has a point.. some.. sometimes.. when the powerfull goblin stops three fragile dwarves that want to help another one in a block.. I love that. Realism may be fun sometimes, sometimes it doesn't matter.. and game valance goes first, whenever.

I think that interception goes first because of Pass Block. Kodiak is rigth, but Pass Block is triky.
Wallace

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2005 - 01:02 Reply with quote Back to top

The reason that the rule is in place (at least my reading of it) is to make it harder to just punt the ball downfield for field position. It would actually make it harder for slow bashy teams if the fumble rule wasn't in place as MV, AG teams could throw the ball to an empty back corner of you TD line and still beat you there to pick it up and score.
Eddy

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2005 - 03:44 Reply with quote Back to top

and the Interception rule is there to increase the number of interceptions and the risk of throwing in interception range.

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2005 - 09:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Erazz wrote:
I play american football (in Denmark, so it isnt like NFL or College football), and quaterbacks allmost never fumble a pass. The only time they do that is when they are tackle or because another player (fiend or foe) hit the ball while he passes.

Thanks for this explanation. You've changed my world. Smile

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2005 - 17:08 Reply with quote Back to top

It might help to think about what a "tackle zone" means. It means that the player is actively pushing up against/interfering with the player in his tacklezone. Therefore, if you have three guys right next to the thrower, all trying their best to prevent a pass, then their is a pretty good chance that one of them will hit the ball or otherwise cause a fumbbl.
Wotfudboy

Post 2 Posted: Jul 18, 2005 - 17:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity wrote:
To the Highest paid player in the league, to Smile

Sounds like a "cash in a brown paper bag" deal to me! Razz

Anyway, following up on something squig said... Fumbbl doesn't follow the LRB... it does in fact do it's best to follow the LRB... minor point, but one I feel smug about making! Smile
Xeterog

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2005 - 17:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Kodiak wrote:
Sobriquet,

My complaint about the realism of the passing rules is different, and it relates to the moment of the interception roll. According to the LRB, the Int roll must be played _before_ the passing roll, which means that a player far from the thrower can catch a thrown ball before we know if its a fumble or not. If it would be a fumble - something that's more likely the farther the ball is intended to go - then the intercepting player would never be able to get the ball, but that's what the rulebook states. That's one rule I would expect the rules review board to consider changing.

It might be more realistic that way, but the interception rule is there for a reason.

Interceptions are rare as it is (being in the right place, the -2 to the roll and such). If you allowed for fumbles before the interception roll, you would decrease the number of interceptions by quite a bit (more than 1/6th of potential interceptions would be nullified). The rules reveiw board (the BBRC) knows this and isn't about to change the way passing/intercepting works.

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2005 - 18:25 Reply with quote Back to top

whats for dinner tomorrow?
Kenty

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2005 - 18:47 Reply with quote Back to top

It might be more realistic if we were only allowed to use Human teams with no Ogres or Amazons... as nobody has ever been able to prove any of the other races really exist.
Zweiblumen

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2005 - 19:46 Reply with quote Back to top

what, i always see and talk to elven Confused

Recordopedia Spluttanica
jimimothybodles

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2005 - 19:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Kenty wrote:
It might be more realistic if we were only allowed to use Human teams with no Ogres or Amazons... as nobody has ever been able to prove any of the other races really exist.

then wouldnt it be even MORE realistic to stick a crash helmet on and get off the computer and go outside and have a fight?!?

its not real. its a game!

*goes outside to fight* Twisted Evil

Kenty

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2005 - 20:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I guess you could make an arguement for the existance of dwarves... although I've never really seen a midget that could tackle all that well.
 Jump to: