48 coaches online • Server time: 23:46
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...goto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Laviak

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2005 - 13:14 Reply with quote Back to top

OK, this is an idea that I have been thinking about for a while now. It still needs a bit of work, but this is a start.

Bounty Hunters League wrote:

The Bounty Hunters League is all about revenge. After each game, each coach nominated one player on the opposing team that was particularly irritating during the match. From then on, that player will be listed on the group page, with the price on his head. Each time that player is nominated, the price on his/her head will increase. To collect, all you need to do is take him (or her) out!

Scoring

Points for match results
  • 2 points for each win.
  • 0 points for each draw.
  • -1 points for each loss.

Points for kills / injuries
  • +bounty points for a permanent kill (i.e. not saved by the apocathery / by regenerate).
  • +0.5 * bounty for a permanent injury (half the bounty, rounding down).
    -- In addition, the bounty on that player will be decreased to half of its current value, rounding up. (i.e. you 'collect' half of the available bounty on that player).
  • -1 points for a (permanent) kill on a player that does not have a bounty on his / her head (You have targets, kill them instead).

I'm keen to get any feedback on what you guys think of it, and also any ideas that might improve the concept further.

A couple of other ideas I was throwing around:
  • Penalty for retirement of a player that has a price on his/her head. (So that you can't retire a player simply to prevent other group members from collecting the bounty) - this might be hard to enforce.
  • 'Bonus' points for players that have a certain number of skills, stat increases or 'doubles' skills. i.e. that WD with ST5 automatically gets a price on his head Wink Maybe even base this on the player value (team strength style).

Curro

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2005 - 13:27 Reply with quote Back to top

We are making a league in which you can put bounty points on the head of a player. That bounty points are the same that you win when you win or draw a match. This way, you can offer a bounty and lose your points at the moment, and when someone "hunts" that player, he earns those points for his team. Then, if the player is retired or at the end of the league there are not "hunted" bounties, those points returns to his original owner. This way, you don´t need to penalt (it´s said this way?? Sorry) someone who retires the player. He lose the player, but the bounty returns to his owner, who´s reached his goal (to take out that player).

I like your idea in paying the bounties, giving only the total prize if you kill him and just a half if you niggle.
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2005 - 13:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I would made the group R. Every team start at 5 bounty points. When you loose in R, you loose a point put as a bounty on 1 opposing player.

The goal of the group is to get the max of points.

If you drop to 0 you refresh 5 points.

The main goal is to get multiple games vs a single player so that bounty hightens. funny thing is that bountys can occur in the same group.

I don't think an U tournament would work for Bounty puposes. With every team starting TR 100, before real interesting players appears it would take too long and with early bountys on linos, it may be possible that no star arise making the bounty system a little bit point less.

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2005 - 15:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Curro:
Your idea confused me for a bit, but i think i get it now - please correct me if i have it wrong Wink
  • Teams receive points for wins / draws (say, 3 for a win, 1 for a draw) -- pretty much standard scoring.
  • A coach may offer some of the points that their team has earned as a 'bounty' on a specific player's head. If another coach manages to take that player out, the points are transferred to the successful 'bounty hunter'.
  • If the player is retired, the offered bounty is dropped, and can no longer be collected by another coach.

It makes sense to me, and would probably be a lot easier to manage than my idea Smile

I can see the more successful teams being able to offer pretty big bounties on players that they really want out of the competition Smile

MiBasse

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2005 - 15:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Perhaps this would suit Ladder even better seeing as teams are the focus in this group! Yes, yes - I know we are but a few who play Ladder and that many inactive teams in there sort of screws it up, but people! Don't let this stop you - help revive Ladder! It's alive, I tell ya! Alive!

(Yes, I know some of you play Ladder - so let's get going!)
NightGriffin

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2005 - 15:55 Reply with quote Back to top

If a coach retire a player, he can collect the bounty on his player... (like a bribe...).
Laviak

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2005 - 16:03 Reply with quote Back to top

RedFish wrote:
Perhaps this would suit Ladder...

It would work pretty well in Faction too - though I can imagine that some of the elf coaches in F1 and F2 might dislike the idea Wink

PS: Redfish, The Troll Huntaz have heard rumours that you have some Trolls in hiding, and they are gonna come find them if it's the last thing they do Wink They don't know whether its the dwarves or the elves, but one of those dastardly teams is hiding a troll, and we wants it DEAD!!!

Mully

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2005 - 16:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Perhaps this would suit Ladder even better seeing as teams are the focus in this group!

Hello no, keep this bounty stuff and any other special point tourneys in the U group where they belong. When you get down to it, all this is is a MU group with multiple targets rather than one particular race. As far as making it R????

I think one of the admins a while back said there would/should be no bountines in the R group. Too lazy ATM to search for that particular thread.

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2005 - 16:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Teams receive points for wins / draws (say, 3 for a win, 1 for a draw) -- pretty much standard scoring.

A coach may offer some of the points that their team has earned as a 'bounty' on a specific player's head. If another coach manages to take that player out, the points are transferred to the successful 'bounty hunter'.

If the player is retired, the offered bounty is dropped, and can no longer be collected by another coach.

Yes, that´s the idea.
We´re gonna start on wednesday (tomorrow). I´ll tell you how´s it going when we´ll played some matches.
And I tell you that if you can, make a group with your idea. If I´m allowed, I´ll play that league to probe your bounty system and see what´s better on which and make an ultimate bounty system.

Quote:

Perhaps this would suit Ladder even better seeing as teams are the focus in this group! Yes, yes - I know we are but a few who play Ladder and that many inactive teams in there sort of screws it up, but people! Don't let this stop you - help revive Ladder! It's alive, I tell ya! Alive!

I´ve never played Ladder, but I could start to do it if you make something like this on there...
Cya!
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2005 - 17:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Mully wrote:
Quote:

Perhaps this would suit Ladder even better seeing as teams are the focus in this group!

Hello no, keep this bounty stuff and any other special point tourneys in the U group where they belong. When you get down to it, all this is is a MU group with multiple targets rather than one particular race. As far as making it R????

I think one of the admins a while back said there would/should be no bountines in the R group. Too lazy ATM to search for that particular thread.

as far as I remember Mezir said no money will be traded per pay pal (wich makes sense) and automatic rule will not happen (makes sense too).

Curro, just a question, why should I spend my points for a bounty if I want to win the championship? I could:
-help an opponent.
-Get no reward for it if I already played that team.

Redfish, really, it doesn't suit to ladder AND ladder is reviving. For a few month you had 2 to 3 challenges played per month, there must be more than 10 this month.

I don't see why Bounty offers are worser than *MU and yes it's same concept. As an U group, it's probably a dull system.

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2005 - 18:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Laviak wrote:
OK, this is an idea that I have been thinking about for a while now. It still needs a bit of work, but this is a start...

I like the idea and I have a few suggestions.

a)No penalty for a rip player that had not a bounty. The dice is random and it is not your fault if you kill a Troll with a goblin. Losing points because it happens to kill a player is not that funny.

b)A bounty must be put on a player that did atleast one TD or injury or pass or interseption. This way, it is more luckily that the bounty will be on a player that will play at the next game and not on a lineman that stands out. If in a game no player made an action, then the bounty goes at the MVP.

c)Because you can't manualy add points to the teams of the last game of the season, for reasons of fair play, no team will take bounty points at the last round of the season.

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2005 - 18:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Curro, just a question, why should I spend my points for a bounty if I want to win the championship? I could:
-help an opponent.
-Get no reward for it if I already played that team.

Yep. For other leagues, this must be fixed. For now, you´ll gonna get a bounty just to satisfy your revenge thirst and because of your bloodlust.

Smile Is that enough?

Curro
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2005 - 22:53 Reply with quote Back to top

he he yes. it's enough for 90% of players util someone will abuse of the system. What about the system I proposed?

but maybe start at 20 points?

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2005 - 11:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe you´re a telepath?? XD

That´s the amount of points we're gonna use to start in the league. Then 20 points for winning, and 10 for drawing.
With the 20 first points you can bet and offer bounties.
Laviak

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2005 - 11:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Here we go, a whole bunch of replies for you all Very Happy

sk8bcn wrote:
What about the system I proposed?
I don't understand how starting with a fixed number of points would really work (i.e. start at 5, when you lose, you get to assign a bounty point), particularly if you are going to reset when you get to 0. Hence, I still kinda prefer the idea in my first post -- in which it doesn't matter whether you win or lost, you still get to assign out a bounty point, and you don't need to keep track of how many points you still have left - just how 'valuable' each of the players is.

sk8bcn wrote:
just a question, why should I spend my points for a bounty if I want to win the championship?
Very good point - maybe it makes sense for the bounty system to be a separate points system to the points for winning/losing matches. A little bit like the challenge points in ladder Wink

Mully wrote:
keep this bounty stuff and any other special point tourneys in the U group where they belong.
In all seriousness, I can't see a bounty system being appropriate in any division bar U. It encourages coaches to play within a smaller group, (i.e. against anyone that has a bounty on one of their players), so I don't think it is suitable for any of the competitive divisions.

Captain1821 wrote:
a)No penalty for a rip player that had not a bounty. The dice is random and it is not your fault if you kill a Troll with a goblin. Losing points because it happens to kill a player is not that funny.
Yeah - I'm a bit undecided about that one. The idea of such a rule is to encourage coaches to really put effort into taking out players that do have a bounty, rather than just trying to wipe out the whole opposing team. Might need to come up with a better way to do that.

Captain1821 wrote:
b)A bounty must be put on a player that did atleast one TD or injury or pass or interseption...
That probably makes sense, but what if you want to put the bounty on that guy that fouled you 16 times in a row, even if he only KOed your players?

Captain1821 wrote:
c)Because you can't manualy add points to the teams of the last game of the season, for reasons of fair play, no team will take bounty points at the last round of the season.
I think that you're right .. which is a bit of a shame Sad

Jump to: