54 coaches online • Server time: 14:10
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post New Gnones vs Old Gn...goto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...goto Post All Star Bowl!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Trif

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2005 - 02:45 Reply with quote Back to top

it's a nice question - shame none of you can take it more seriously. all you want to do is criticise it. i'd say skaven, as they can do everything fairly well, and have cheapish linemen to boot.

"Now that's an esophagous!"
dozer

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2005 - 10:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree, good question. I would run with Orcs. Only because I love Orcs Very Happy

Nah really, they have AV9 and they are reasonably Cheep to replace. There Blitzers have access to Str skills and there BlackOrcs can lay down a fair amount of heavy hitting while the other members of the team score......

its tricky, but i dont think i would play elfs, with there low av and high cost would make any recovery hard.
Firesky

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2005 - 10:06 Reply with quote Back to top

well, what about a large tourney to find it out?
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2005 - 10:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Trif wrote:
it's a nice question - shame none of you can take it more seriously. all you want to do is criticise it. i'd say skaven, as they can do everything fairly well, and have cheapish linemen to boot.

LOL
Skaven????

The question is which race can reasonably win most games out of 101 vs any other team. Skaven would NOT, that's for sure. If you play skaven vs Orcs you win first 10 matches. After that, you start losing.
Skaven simply cannot stand 101 games vs a basher without recoveries in between.

btw: I took the question seriously (when I finally understood its meaning) and my answer is Chaos Dorfs, Orcs, or other av9. Maybe Khemry.

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2005 - 10:26 Reply with quote Back to top

of course playlike lrb advice and there is overtime and so on

and the prob i have i would say woodies have great chances to play well as even a niged woodie can score alot
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2005 - 10:31 Reply with quote Back to top

After 101 games there would be half a team with three niggles.

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2005 - 13:55 Reply with quote Back to top

With that many games the bashers would win. The only ball playing team that would stand a chance would be Skaven though becuase you would be able to load the team with Claw, RSC players and cause alot of damage (and get the early SPP's to skill up before a bashing team), couple that with cheap enough players that you can afford to replace some and they just might get a large enough early advantace...

In the end though, with enough games Chaos win every time. A whole team with Block, Guard, Claw, RSC and DP would be suicide inducingly dull to play with or against but impossible to beat. Orks and Dwarfs just couldn't stand up to the Claw + RSC damage (although in a short experiment both would be mch better).
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2005 - 14:03 Reply with quote Back to top

xen7ric wrote:
In the end though, with enough games Chaos win every time. A whole team with Block, Guard, Claw, RSC and DP would be suicide inducingly dull to play with or against but impossible to beat. Orks and Dwarfs just couldn't stand up to the Claw + RSC damage (although in a short experiment both would be mch better).

No really not, they can't wistand orks or Khemris. You start skillless ve a guy having 4 mummys with DP, 2 blitzers and loads of cheap linos to foul with. Claw+RSC is tremedous. But playing Khem again and again, you will never get that.

My skel dies quickly: yes what if?

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2005 - 14:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually you got me, I forgot Khemri. Regen is a great way to stop you getting mauled in any one game when a single saved player from the Apo just isn't enough.

Still think Orcs would lose in the long run though.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2005 - 14:12 Reply with quote Back to top

That's my point. Against Orcs, Dwarfs, Chaos Dwarfs or Khemri, Chaos Teams would be quite helpless.

You need to skill at least twice to be effective: Block+Mutation (let's say claw).

In the same amout of time, let's say 4-8 games to reach 16 spps with a couple players, all other bashy teams will have injured or killed quite a bit of your beastmen, and fouled your Chaos Warriors. You will have to replace them, then, buying rookie players instead of rerolls. While other bashers, who DO have block (Orcs and Dorfs) and DO have MB (Mummies) will skill up more and gain rerolls.

In the long run, Chaos will never become a nightmare, cause other bashers will them all before reaching 16 spps.

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2005 - 17:19 Reply with quote Back to top

What about over a shorter run? Where would the bashy teams and flair teams be most balanced in a series like this? Any individual match is of course subject to chance e.g. the WE could get lucky and massacre a Chaos team, and that would bias the next several games. But, where is the balance? (Especially as teams are meant to be more-or-less balanced anyway...)

BFN

Paul
 Jump to: