18 coaches online • Server time: 03:28
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Eddy

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2005 - 06:34 Reply with quote Back to top

PurpleChest wrote:
in fact by using the str system, checking team roster before playing and choosing games you believe to be balanced (or advantageous) is it not you who are exploiting the holes in fumbbl?

sorry but that's plain wrong. checking/choosing balanced games is part of the open system. it is simple to avoid that by creating closed scheduled leagues, but it is not FUMBBL's way.
btw, there is a 40-STR limit in R. not TR, but STR. and in the Rules it is written that you should play balanced games.

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2005 - 08:52 Reply with quote Back to top

That was very interesting about hiring stars and cheating. Well then actually, I would say lying about whether my opponent intend to hire a star or not is bad sportsmanship.

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2005 - 09:05 Reply with quote Back to top

For the LAST TIME weather or not it is Within the RULES is irrelevant to this thread.

This is a thread about SPORTMANSHIP, all comments made by me are about SPORTSMANSHIP not about interpretation of the rules. When you get to argueing about rules interpretation sportmanship has gone out of the window.

In my example my opponent is offering ME a game, so i look at the roster he presents me as the team he will play (given that he is offering me a game not the other way around) to then change the team post offering the game is cheating, (sure you could argue technically that it strictly isn't by the rules, but its sure as hell against the spirit of the rules and will change a fair match up into and unfair beating in most cases)

Ignore the technicality of the rules and look at it for a sportmanship perspective and maybe you will understand what i am driving at.

Either way everyone will still play the game thier way, i can live with that since i can just "blacklist" the individual and play someone who realises it's a game for two people not one.

arghh bumflaps , another fumble. Why can't these Gobbo's just pick the ball up?
MrMojo

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2005 - 09:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll make a prediction of hundreds of posts to come:

Blaaa-blaah-it's withing the rules, not bad sportsmanship-blaah-blaah-blaah-it's within the rules, but bad sportsmanship-blaah-blaah-blaah-it's not within the rules and it's bad sportsmanship-blaah-blaah-blaah-it's not within the rules but it's not bad sportsmanship-blaah-blaah-blaah-I know better, you're an idiot-blaah-blaah-blaah-No, I know better and you're an idiot!

Repeat ad nauseaum or until lock.

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2005 - 11:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually, I found more interesting to learn that buying a star after agreement is exactely how the rules work and learning that telling your opponent to do so is to be gentle, than discussing 8 pages about what is good or bad behavior, which won't anyway influence me on what I do.

So actually, Hammer, you can try to get back to the topic but the new thema of discuss is, in my opinion, more interesting.

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2005 - 12:05 Reply with quote Back to top

BigMac wrote:
Arn't Vampires a underperforming race as they are?

So if there is a trouble to imblement the skill in JBB then just give Vampires the tiny leg up and say that the Vampire runns off for his bite with the ball right through the end zone where he throws his teeth into a yummy cheerleader.

In other words, change the rule to fit fumbbl. (As they did with stunned and leader nag nag nag :p)

ps. this is the kind of stuff fumbbl should allow itself to "houserule".
pps. handicap based on STR anyone... ok nevermind Rolling Eyes

This is also the main reason why Galak is reluctant to use FUMBBL as a playtest area for the vault once we get a vault compliant client, vamps being able to score on a failed OFAB would be a big improvement to the team, scoring a TD or losing a vamp and a turnover... only way to combat this is moving a thrall to the endzone and moving the vamp to score, only thing i guess is that you dont roll OFAB,

if that was the case with me being a vamp coach, Id chat to my opponent about it in game to see what the best outcome of the situation would be, even rolling a bb 2d6 in main chat to simulate the injury effect for the OFAB roll that the client wont handle. If my opponent wasnt happy with that, then fair enough, its a known bug and Im not going to exploit it so Ill happily turnover my vamp or move a thrall and offending vamp 1 square from the endzone and see what nuffle decides!

After all its not something Im going to lose much sleep over wether I turnover or not, and I am not going to try to upset my opponent over a game heh Rolling Eyes
Hammerhiem

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2005 - 12:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

So actually, Hammer, you can try to get back to the topic but the new thema of discuss is, in my opinion, more interesting.
Spoilsport

arghh bumflaps , another fumble. Why can't these Gobbo's just pick the ball up?
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2005 - 13:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Hammerhiem wrote:
Quote:

Spoilsport

What? Didn't get that......