51 coaches online • Server time: 13:18
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Getting diced 3 game...goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post 7s for fummbl?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
smoked_g60

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2005 - 16:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I have recently been looking around at other teams records in the stunty league, and I must say I am not impressed. I know that this league is not as serious as ranked, so the +-40 ts rule does not apply with good reason, many stunty teams are not really well described by their ts. My problem is when a team is up above tr200 yet plays half or more of their games below 200.
Now I know that many people will say that it's hard to find games in stunty, and I agree, especially above tr200, but I don't think the answer is to have those top teams eating the little ones or trading "fodder" games.
I don't want this thread to be negative about those coaches or teams though.

What I'd like to see more of is coaches trying to keep rookie teams in thier stable to use to play with those other rookie teams. That way they can grow strong, and then be squished when they make the 200 tr breaking point. If everyone followed this strategy then stunty would only grow rather than tunrning new coaches teams into feeding sessions with the nasty nurgling/chaos halfling team.
Mully

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2005 - 16:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Takes 2 to tangle. If you dont want to get squished then dont play a team significantly higher than you.

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2005 - 17:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Just don't accept such indecent proposals.

Jinxed

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2005 - 17:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I like indecent proposals.

Sigh.

I must have been married for too long I guess. Wink

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2005 - 18:32 Reply with quote Back to top

To be sure, this did not come about from my getting squished, in fact I have the highest rated Squig Herder team and Strigoyan teams in Stunty.
DonTomaso

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2005 - 18:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Now, there is a good point. We should take more care of the new guys...

And secondly, if Stunty was more than Killermachines with stunty victims (i e no gen-acc for BG) this might not have been such a big problem...

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2005 - 18:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Just fold stunty. Problem solved.

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2005 - 19:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I usually put a team on gamefinder, and see newer teams pop up with no serious chance, so I end up finding another game and rarely play stunty :p
(though I have no teams at 200+ TR either - maybe I would have if I fed on small ones :p)
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2005 - 15:17 Reply with quote Back to top

really in stunty with good BG you can play a TR 200 team with a TR 150 one.

I do accept those challenges. I don't feel abused.

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2005 - 07:43 Reply with quote Back to top

well, here's my 2 cents;

it seems sad and pathetic when 350 tr teams are playing 170 tr teams, and it does happen, but I suppose it's not really "against the rules". it depends on why it's happening... in any case it's sad for the high tr team, he ought to be getting basically a free ride, else his team really sucks and he needs some schooling!

if it is an arranged sort of game, like one person using a low tr team to help out the high tr team by giving them an easy game, then that is not only sad but seems like maybe it should be illegal (not that you can enforce it or anything)

in any case, I agree that more people should keep n00b teams around. we need more players, and many of those players will have n00b teams! I really think we need more stunty slots, so we can have a few high tr teams and a few n00b team slots, slots to fool around with and delete once the fun is over. but that is random and off topic.

I guess, I feel like race is an important factor too. an avid skink player, I feel like skink vs cfling team of = tr is unfair, never mind higher tr. in fact, cflings and nurgs are pretty much always better than similar tr teams imo, although I haven't been playing stunty all that long.
In any case, bottom line is, if the game is fair, TR/TS doesn't really matter. I get hte feeling that fairness is not really the concern in many of these games... that is sad.

EDIT: I am quite sleepy, writing/thinking skills are discombobulated. forgive me
peikko

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2005 - 07:55 Reply with quote Back to top

There is couple things in stunty about playing with big tr/str differences.

a) Its much more important where from team tr/str is build. If its in stunty players youre more likely to rule the ball playing, if in big guys, youre more likely to wipe opponents players out and then hope you can score those winning td's to the empty field. Difference aint all that black and white but in stunty the most important thing is to look opponents roster than anything else. Specially str formula is really bugged in stunty and basicly would be just better if it would not even exist there.

b) Constant playing vs lot weaker teams is against the Fumbbl rules in the stunty leeg. If someone is eating them cherryes all the time to boost their teams and you spot it, please report rule violation.
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2005 - 12:55 Reply with quote Back to top

if your BG have block takle multiple block (and RSC for me please) why is TR 170 so uneven vs TR 350? They are playable!

mmmm after all it depends on the race. Nurglings don't rely on dodge so it's less important.

Confused I may have been wrong:
my nurgs can play up in TR

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2005 - 13:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I don´t know about you guys but I don´t take stunty serious for 5 cent. It has offered me some great games so I´m happy. Sure we should stop people from picking cherries but this applies in all divisions. So the problem don´t really seem to be stunty based...

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2005 - 13:21 Reply with quote Back to top

ok Nordmark I'll tell you a secret. We are going to replace the C.R. by stunty and the S.R. (Stunty Ranking). We are the Circle Of Stunty Domination. You aren't allow to speak about that at all. Keep the secret

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2005 - 22:04 Reply with quote Back to top

to be honest, nordmark, I don't have a huuuuge problem with some of the teams in the high 200's-300's who haven't played more than 5 teams over tr200 in the past 50-60 games (something like that), but I can understand why it would bother other people. I think that the real problem is twofold:
a> stunty is not highly regulated, as ranked is, so it's easier to get away with serious and consistent cherrypicking
and
b> there are some teams in stunty (cflings, nurglings, etc) who are significantly more powerful than the rest of the teams, especially underpowered teams (skinks, cheaters, etc), and so often times, even teams of equal tr are not playing fair games.. I understand this is a necesary sacrifice to keep stunty alive and well populated, but it allows for serious cpicking.

if I spent most of my time in stunty (oh wait, I do), and had several powerful teams, and had worked hard to earn the powerful teams I had, I would be very resentful of people who procure similar results without the work.

can you see where this post is coming from?

EDIT: I am sure you probably know most of what I just stated, mostly recapping for the benefit of anyone who doesn't know
 Jump to: