45 coaches online • Server time: 10:16
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post New Gnones vs Old Gn...goto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...goto Post All Star Bowl!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
calon

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2005 - 21:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi I am bored in work so I came up with this.

I have had 2 legend status players on 2 seperate teams 1 of which crippled the team and the other which nearly did but has kept the tr so high that I am for ever giving away handicaps and losing out on cash.

Now I understand that it is my choice to keep this legend but should there be a way that a legend can stay very much a part of the team without causing crippling side effects.

Just looking for general thought.
CorporateSlave3

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2005 - 22:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm, perhaps you should ask Malthor's Blood Falcons* about that...Wink

*too lazy to link you atm Razz
deathgerbil

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2005 - 22:02 Reply with quote Back to top

nope. no say that you can keep a legend without it crippling your team under most circumstances. The only way you can have it not cripple your team is for you to have a team thats absolutely huge in tr (ie, - evo's anarchists or something similar), and so far over 300 tr that retiring him wouldn't matter. but for most teams, keeping a legend cripples the team completely in the end. When Enjoyment (500+ spps) was making his run, his teammate was Pikachu the Immortal, who was 295 spps also. between the two, they were worth close to 200 tr.
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2005 - 23:40 Reply with quote Back to top

In the vault it doesnt matter how many SPP's he has, it wont count towards the TR, just depending on how good a player he is
Mr_QB

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2005 - 23:57 Reply with quote Back to top

i remember some time ago some off the old rules properly somewhere between 3rd edition and now i saw some rules. That made legend players more or less usuable long term.
When a player reached legend status or at any other point for that matter you could peak the player. Which basicly meant that the player was locked at his current spp level and hence could contribute more to the tr than he did at that point. The players where still subject to injury and death but didn't go beyond the level at witch he was peaked.

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2005 - 08:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Thats sounds like a good idea as long player could accumulate pass points, scoring points and cas points but not gain any ssp from them it could stop team legends becoming as much of a pain in the neck as they are now
Gumbo

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2005 - 08:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Thats rule is from olbbl. But the players were capped at 252 spps then, the point at which they could get their last skill. Still, could apply here and work just as well

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2005 - 08:58 Reply with quote Back to top

So if others agreed with it how would go about making a suggestion to those who could implement it
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2005 - 09:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Generally the top stars cripple their teams in the long run. Once your go above TR300 your winnings drop to about 20k per match, even with a high ff. This makes it hard to replace injured players. Then once you have a lot of niggles on the team you start losing matches due to virus handicaps. This results in further loss of ff and thus you enter a downward spiral.

This effect is stronger for teams that suffer high rates of player attrition like elves and skaven, but even my CD team with ff 22 has a hard time trying to stay injury free.

Still, I kinda like playing like this because it poses an interesting team management challenge .

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2005 - 13:52 Reply with quote Back to top

The obvious solution is to fix the irritatingly bad mechanism that is TR. It's the second worst thing in the game in my opinion.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2005 - 14:03 Reply with quote Back to top

The first is whiners.
Smile

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2005 - 14:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Good point. TR is now the third worst thing about blood bowl Smile
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2005 - 14:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Kinda curious what's on the #1 spot though.......

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2005 - 14:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Niggling "Let's ruin as many otherwise fair matchups as we can for no good reason" injuries. At least roll them at the end of the last match instead of the beginning of the next grrrrrrrrr
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2005 - 14:59 Reply with quote Back to top

The niggling injuries purpose is just that: risk.
You have to choose if you want to risk or if you prefer to fire the Star.
It makes sense and adds a bit of attention to management details...

If you roll them at the end of the last match it would be nonsense... it would work only on Fumbbl or turneys... and Bloodbowl is not created only for tourneys.