60 coaches online • Server time: 16:42
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Should legends in ranked have their SSP capped to avoid crippling teams
Yes
40%
 40%  [ 20 ]
No
59%
 59%  [ 29 ]
Total Votes : 49

calon

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2005 - 17:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Thought i would raise this from responses in another Post.
I think that it would be a good idea to cap legend players to stop them crippling teams, still allow them to die or get injured + gain TD CP IT cas MVP but their overall ssp would remain the same.

If no Please leave your reasons.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2005 - 17:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I voted Capped.

But it won't be implemented, I fear.

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2005 - 17:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I say Cap them.

The reason?

SPP are taking into account with your TR to show the advancement of a team. To show the TS. A legend no longer advances. Thus, the indication of his advancement, his SPP, should also remain the same.

Like you said: havind legends with 600+ SPP only cripples the team and it incorrectly burdens your TR/TS.

Regards,
Jazz
calon

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2005 - 17:46 Reply with quote Back to top

i know but worth getting a result on it Very Happy
Candlejack

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2005 - 17:54 Reply with quote Back to top

well.. if you have a legend that gets THAT many spp that it's significantly increases your TR that much that you get too many disadvantages then it's a sign of bad coaching/team management imo... a legend player should not score all the time or do all comps or has to be the cas master.. he has to support the other players be there to protect the ball carrier or help to get a hit on the opponent ball carrier.. the OTHER players should do the spp actions.. so either use your legends wisely or retire them.. so i think capping would be a bad idea

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2005 - 18:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I have to disagree with Jazz.

The reason you should not cap the SPP's is the same reason that aging was introduced. BloodBowl builds in incentives to replace players. Most players need replacing around 100 SPP's but leaving Legends uncapped so that they keep raising your TR is the incentive to replace them. You should never have an immortal player (and since he will always have the Apoth he'll be hard to kill if you cherrypick your games to protect him).

The only way round it now is to try to slow the superstar getting SPP's so that you can keep him in longer.
angelface

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2005 - 18:03 Reply with quote Back to top

All modificatons that help to make forever living bb players are ainst the spirit off BB... If one reaches the level of legend, then congrats, job done, goodbye, lets see the new generation.
gken1

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2005 - 18:04 Reply with quote Back to top

xen7ric wrote:
I have to disagree with Jazz.

The reason you should not cap the SPP's is the same reason that aging was introduced. BloodBowl builds in incentives to replace players. Most players need replacing around 100 SPP's but leaving Legends uncapped so that they keep raising your TR is the incentive to replace them. You should never have an immortal player (and since he will always have the Apoth he'll be hard to kill if you cherrypick your games to protect him).

The only way round it now is to try to slow the superstar getting SPP's so that you can keep him in longer.

bingo!!!!! no player lives forever!!!
xen7ric

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2005 - 18:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow! People agreeing with me... I feel so special! Mr. Green
thesquig

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2005 - 18:12 Reply with quote Back to top

We play LRB in ranked. This isnt LRB so therefor it probably wont get implimented. Its a nice idea though. I'd cap most of my players at 31SPP probably.

CorporateSlave3

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2005 - 18:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Heh, that's why they got rid of Peaked in favor of ageing eh? They thought it would result in player turnover, then it became obvious that people were thrilled when their stars stopped getting SPP and boosting their TR without getting any new skills!
As much as I hate ageing, I have to say that capping star players would be less than ideal idea* - it will essentailly lead to what they don't want - permanent super players hanging around teams without generating extra TR as they score/cas/etc more (isn't that why they made Star Players freeboot only?)

As much as I'd love to cap so many of my players, I just don't think it is a very good idea for Blood Bowl.

*enter someone decrying the Vaults Team Value system? Anyone?

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2005 - 19:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe there should bere some sticky post explaining that "there is absolutely no point whatsoever in posting rule suggestions regarding ranked, faction or ladder". It seems to me that quite a lot of posters aren't aware that these divisions follow the official rules to the letter.
vanGorn

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2005 - 19:33 Reply with quote Back to top

DivX would be the right place for such experiments.

Uber

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2005 - 19:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, but DivX is dead. I only wish they would put it to use.

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2005 - 19:53 Reply with quote Back to top

L R B
Living Rulebook.

that is..not gonna happen in ranked. But i´m strongly in favour of more experiments in DivX. But as the duke of Grumble is gone and, afaik, there hes not been appointed another grand leader of DivX, it´s not gonna heppen i fear.

M