38 coaches online • Server time: 13:37
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post New Gnones vs Old Gn...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
thechosenone

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2005 - 14:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Dear FUMBBL community,

I have the great pleasure to annnounce the soon to be released beta version of Bloodbowl 2005.Image

Early last year, I came to the conclusion that the fumbbl client is like playing the original wolfenstein 3d in 2005.

Consequently, I and a number of programmers from my club and others in England embarked on programming a proper client - part time for almost 2 years.

This client, which was written using firespark, resembles a proper game, rather then a freeware one (although it will be freeware).

The program as mentioned earlier is called bloodbowl 2005. It is the first animated, detailed graphic version of bloodbowl. The rules are still the same and it is still be turn based. However, it has proper graphics and sound. Most importantly it is animated.

The full version will be released in about 3-5 months . It is in the beta stage at the moment, and, in our opinion, looks very, very good, easily surpassing the client used on fumbbl.

We are currently looking for beta testers, in particular, from this site, for their opinions.

If you have any questions or would like to participate you can post here

[Edited out an email address as I am not convinced it's real /Christer]
Macavity

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2005 - 15:20 Reply with quote Back to top

thechosenone wrote:
The program as mentioned earlier is called bloodbowl 2005. It is the first animated, detailed graphic version of bloodbowl. The rules are still the same and it is still be turn based. However, it has proper graphics and sound. Most importantly it is animated.

Wasn't the original purchasable Bloodbowl game animated? not that it matters...
My question would be. If it looks so gorgeous, can we get a screen-shot or two on the web? Despite your name, I still don't know you from Adam, so if you want to establish some credibility with me (I have no idea why you would), show me what you got! Smile

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2005 - 15:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I have no idea what your on about, this like replacement 4 java bb? or.... actually i dunno, what is this? u have a web site or anytthing?
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2005 - 15:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, sounds like you have got a lot of good work done, but im interested in 2 things mainly!

1) Will Games Workshop be OK with you producing it? and

1) Will id include the vault ruleset? Smile

Thanks!
peikko

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2005 - 15:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Smells like one vs one in the very beginning....
AlcingRagaholic

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2005 - 17:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd be interested in the playtesting.

Z
Quaruk

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2005 - 17:39 Reply with quote Back to top

im would for one be interested in playtesting the thing Very Happy

but yeah i also wonder if Games Workshop will approve of what you are doing and let you release it
Lord_Soth

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2005 - 17:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I would like to be a beta tester.

Lord_Soth
Schalburg

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2005 - 17:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't expect too much folkes...
Grouchy

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2005 - 17:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I would like to be a beta tester.
XtremeXwing

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2005 - 17:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Well at the end of the day if they dont make money outta it GW really cant do jack shit, but yeah il have a go, i liked the look of chaos league, and if this is anything like that it would rock!
Grouchy

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2005 - 18:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Chaos league got boring fast, plus it was just a BB rip off. you know its true dont argue.
jimimothybodles

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2005 - 18:30 Reply with quote Back to top

hmm... are you still here??

http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=5575&highlight=

Rolling Eyes

skeletor

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2005 - 18:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Well it sound good, but let´s not forget that this game is mostly about community and having fun whit other pepole. I can put it in this way if Blizzard make a fancy client and its all like Battelnet, i´ll stay on fumbbl.

We allready have a well developt client and a great place in Fumbbl, over the years ther have been made a lot of changes that have made this work really good.

Will like too help whit the playtesting, but don´t think it will make me leave Fumbbl

Again thanks too SkiJunkie for the client we have, and Christer for fumbbl, and the pepole that make fumbbl, fumbbl.
dr_scitt

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2005 - 18:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd be interested in beta testing
 Jump to: