35 coaches online • Server time: 13:14
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Eddy

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2005 - 02:32 Reply with quote Back to top

i've been wondering why on earth half of the people i contact on IRC feel it's below them to answer to questions. while we're at it, i also don't understand why people don't answer when you talk to them in game. is it that hard for people to just simply answer ? are half of the users nerds who don't answer to people even IRL ?
it's no big deal really, but sometimes i just don't understand some people's behaviour.
fortunately there are also very cool guys who remember they are actually talking to another human being.

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2005 - 03:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Eddy... I AM a Cool Guy. Cool

If I've ever snubbed you, it's probably because I was away from the computer - see how far you can push the benefit of that doubt with other chatters as well.
DonTomaso

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2005 - 03:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm quite chatty in games, but sometimes I find the blue text difficult to see when I'm making my moves... There is a lot of text flashing by, and the blue text "dissapears" in the black.
I could develope this to a essay about the anatomy of the eye, and how we percieve colours, but I don't have the time...

Well, that's why I don't answer....

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2005 - 03:33 Reply with quote Back to top

@Covertfun
i understand how some people don't answer at all, and i am perfectly aware they can be afk (even though they ARE looking for a game after all, but anyway). the main problem, though, is people who tell you something like "maybe we can play" and then don't answer to your questions. that's about them i'm talking.

@DonTomaso
the essay would interest me Wink and it can happen to miss a couple of sentences here and there, but when the text is "pausing" (like for a kick-off or something), it cannot be that.

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2005 - 04:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I just started using this mac-PC and my irc-client doesnt notifies me, when I have a private msg waiting.

But hey... while we are at it... i cant remember not answering to you... I can`t even remember you chating with me...

WHY DO YOU SHUN ME??

:p
Tank

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2005 - 05:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Eddy dont sweat it mate.

If your looking for a response...Foul them continually, kill there pretty l'il pixals.

Im sure you'll hear from them eventually. Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2005 - 05:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I generally try to respond during my oppo's turn, becasue I don't want to slow up a game. Their time's as valuable as mine. People not responding to game offers is kinda irritating, though.
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2005 - 06:50 Reply with quote Back to top

team-speak is also pretty good for conversations during the game. Especially if that blue print is flying by too quickly.

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2005 - 08:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Eddy wrote:
i've been wondering why on earth half of the people i contact on IRC feel it's below them to answer to questions. while we're at it, i also don't understand why people don't answer when you talk to them in game. is it that hard for people to just simply answer ? are half of the users nerds who don't answer to people even IRL ?
it's no big deal really, but sometimes i just don't understand some people's behaviour.
fortunately there are also very cool guys who remember they are actually talking to another human being.

We are french, Eddy (augustin?) so we are definitly more polite than all thos european barbarians. I won't even mention those who are outside Europa.

/me is just too classy

ps: en fait je suis surement en train d'écrire ce texte en slip, le matin et je pue de la gueule. Mais vous autres (Jan?) ne pouvez pas le lire.

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2005 - 13:25 Reply with quote Back to top

hehe ^^

no, i'm not pretending i'm more polite. it's just that i'm really surprised when the things i've described happen, because it really seems like the other guys don't think they talk to another human...

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2005 - 13:40 Reply with quote Back to top

to Eddy
if I have the chanche I indeed comment the game.
I suppose it is good education to try to be civil and to speak lightly to the other guy about the game.
It does not costs much from both sides.
What really annoys me is <b>whining</b>. Nuffle gives, Nuffle takes away.
Nuffle's take away.... Mmmmh sounds like a Chinese takeaway restautant...
Regards
Ironik
Shinan

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2005 - 13:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Every now and I then I don't feel like talking. However mostly it is when the opponent doesn't seem to either. I usually prefer a chatty opponent to a silent one but I also know that I can be the silent one from time to time. On iRC I always answer any messages I get, when I'm away it usually says so on my username.

I have to admit I'm kinda annoyed at those whole leave without removing their teams from gamefinder though... ...

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2005 - 14:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Speaking for myself I often simply dont look in IRC when I'm playing so it can be a while until I notice that there's some message for me---

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2005 - 14:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I like to uphold good manners and politeness during games. I'm with you Eddy far too many people ignore reasonable gam requests. And it really irratates me when people reply to reasonable game offers with 'nope' or just plain 'no'. I know it sounds picky but I really do prefer it if people say 'no thanks'. Really quite strange, but thats the way I am!

Sometimes if I'm in a bashy mood however I wont chat much, it just tends to annoy people if you're destroying their pride and joy and joking about it too. Most other times I chat alot.

Eddy

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2005 - 14:11 Reply with quote Back to top

yup, i agree Shinan, sometimes you don't feel chatty. but there's a difference between not feeling chatty and ignoring when your opponent asks a direct question =/

EDIT: when my team is getting destroyed, i MUCH prefer a chatty opponent. if my game is already boring because of luck or a destroyed team, at least i'd like it saved by having a good time with a nice person instead of a bot.

Jump to: