58 coaches online • Server time: 18:20
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Getting diced 3 game...goto Post 7s for fummbl?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Macavity

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2005 - 15:29 Reply with quote Back to top

In game, if I'm busy/ in a rush, I respond with smileys or short statements like, "yah", "k" or whatever. Ignoring a direct question, unless it's right in the middle of action is kind of rude.

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2005 - 15:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Eddy wrote:
when my team is getting destroyed, i MUCH prefer a chatty opponent. if my game is already boring because of luck or a destroyed team, at least i'd like it saved by having a good time with a nice person instead of a bot.

I agree!! Wink
And after the game, I prefer a "thank you for the game" or a "see you" if you kill half of my little halflings (the other half has been killed by TTM Rolling Eyes ), foul my treeman at turn 16 and I have not whined instead of silence Razz

And... english is not my first language as you can see, so for me is hard to write fast and correctly but I'll try always to respond
Nordmark

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2005 - 16:05 Reply with quote Back to top

arktoris wrote:
team-speak is also pretty good for conversations during the game. Especially if that blue print is flying by too quickly.

Theres the answer people. No excuses.

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2005 - 16:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I played a game recently, and was told to stop talking and get on with playing halfway through the second half. The entire game took 40 minutes so it was not like i was playing slow, and i pointed this out to my opponent. He said if i wanted to talk, to 'Get a parrot'. I found this quite insulting but still i never let him get to me and continued to chat politely for the rest of the game.

I do think people forget the is a community, and as such you really should take the time to get to know each other a bit, even if it is just a 'Bad luck', or 'Ha ha he got what he deserved'

Soon we will get into the saying sorry issue when you kill someone though, and we really don't want to go there Smile
Azurus

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2005 - 18:23 Reply with quote Back to top

During a game, I will usually chat a little to start with, and then more or less so for the rest of the game depending on my oppo. One thing that really annoys me is people whining about luck, so if it hapens too much I'll just shut up and save the typing time.

In chat, I try to answer every question, unless I have 'afk' or 'ig' after my name. And if I just want to chat without any game offers or other 'serious' stuff, I change my nick completely.

I have to agree though, it annoys me when people simply don't respond to a game offer, mostly because I only ever make one at a time and feel it's polite to wait for 5 mins or so for a reply before moving on.

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2005 - 19:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Azurus wrote:

I have to agree though, it annoys me when people simply don't respond to a game offer, mostly because I only ever make one at a time and feel it's polite to wait for 5 mins or so for a reply before moving on.

I'll bet a lot of those are people who have just started games and do not check their chat client again until the game is over (or crashes).
MrMojo

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2005 - 06:17 Reply with quote Back to top

N00bs!

Jump to: