45 coaches online • Server time: 14:41
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post New Gnones vs Old Gn...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
GalakStarscraper

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2005 - 04:19 Reply with quote Back to top

BadMrMojo wrote:
GalakStarscraper wrote:
http://www.bloodbowl.40kfightclub.com/

Now Galak, what was the first rule of bloodbowl.40kfightclub again?

You do not talk about bloodbowl.40kfightclub.
Hey Cervidal sent me the link so I'll claim innocence ... Laughing

Galak
thechosenone

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2005 - 06:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, Circular Logic, welcome to the world of macintish. You have bought yourself the equivelent of a golden ticket to Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory. Once you become familiar and able to manipulate MAC OS X Tiger, your enjoyment will increase.

But note the Fumbbl client still doesn't completely fit on the mac screen ;.). You can still use it ok though.

and now, in other news, longhorn or windows vista, as it is now known, will now be released in 2010...It will include a mouse scrolling features...hahahhahaha

P.S What is wrong with safari ;.). I much prefer safari to firefox, regardless both are excellent. I use Snak for irc.

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2005 - 16:28 Reply with quote Back to top

thechosenone wrote:
...But note the Fumbbl client still doesn't completely fit on the mac screen ;.). You can still use it ok though.

You can either change your screen resolution (system preferences | displays) or use the small field size. I strongly recommend grabbing Colin's small fields with weather (from the download section) if you go with the latter.

Quote:
P.S What is wrong with safari ;.). I much prefer safari to firefox, regardless both are excellent. I use Snak for irc.

There's nothing wrong with Safari at all - in fact, I read that a recent developer build for Safari actually became the first browser to fully pass the Acid2 test for web standards compatability. It's simply personal preference.

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2005 - 16:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi

I lived in Ann Arbor for about 3 years fresh from Britain. I found it a thoroughly enjoyable place to live, with excellent pubs and restaurants and always plenty to do.

I can heartily recommend the Grizzly Peak and the Arbor Brewing Company brewpubs for good American microbrews, Ashleys and Conor O'Neils if imported beers are more your thing, and Dominics for relaxed outdoors drinking and great mixed drinks. If you're still of college age you may be more interested in Scorekeepers or Ricks American Cafe.

Also be sure to check out Zingermans deli and especially Angelos for some fantastic sandwiches.

Be sure to go to a Michigan Wolverines American football game, even if that isn't normally your thing, because the stadium really is astonishing (seats ~110,000 people every game).

There's plenty more, but that should keep you going for a while.
Iain
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2005 - 17:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Thx Galak for all the hints on FtF-tourneys, but I came here just for a year with only 2 siutcases and 140 pounds weight allowance - my BB-teams just didn`t fit in this :/

I guess I go around this weekend checking out where there are the crazy RPG-stores and board-game gatherings, as I`m also looking for some guys willing to play a decent match of Diplomacy or - which would be even better - Machiavelli.

I`m still wondering, what I have to do, to make the jave-BB-client load my setups (or save them), because it usually takes around 15 tries to bring up the saving/loading-screen hitting the shortcut and I have setup manually in half the time.

I guess I really miss the IBM-mouse. Rightclicking was just easier than this control-click and I still screw up copy&paste half of the time, because I use ctrl+c instead of this apple-key. The reason I don`t wanna use safari is the lack of tabbing - i hate it that i have to go to the window-menu and select the window I wanna jump to there. I usually use Opera on my own systems, so I will check first, if there is an mac-version of that browser.

A sports match is definetly something I will go to, but I`m planning to go with my girlfriend when she visits me, so that might take a while. But I was wondering if going to a basketball-game might be even more fun to watch.

I`m still wondering:
Is there someone studying in Ann Arbor, too?
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2005 - 18:25 Reply with quote Back to top

CircularLogic wrote:
I`m still wondering, what I have to do, to make the jave-BB-client load my setups (or save them), because it usually takes around 15 tries to bring up the saving/loading-screen hitting the shortcut and I have setup manually in half the time.

The "undocumented feature" of this one is getting the cursor out of the chat field (the area you type into). I just click on the dialogue box (where the text displays, rather than where you type it) and then use the shortcut. Works like a charm.

Quote:
I guess I really miss the IBM-mouse. Rightclicking was just easier than this control-click and I still screw up copy&paste half of the time, because I use ctrl+c instead of this apple-key. The reason I don`t wanna use safari is the lack of tabbing - i hate it that i have to go to the window-menu and select the window I wanna jump to there. I usually use Opera on my own systems, so I will check first, if there is an mac-version of that browser.

For the love of God, buy a real mouse. Smile
Sorry, I personally can't stand using one-button mice either. I fully appreciate the concept (everything's accessible with a one-button mouse, keeping it easier and forcing developers to think their UIs through) but I can't stand using one. The good news is that you can buy almost any plain old USB mouse and just plug it in. Right-clicking has been supported since OS 8 and does pretty much exactly what you expect it to. I couldn't be happier with my $15 kensington. No drivers, no fuss, just plug it in and go.

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2005 - 19:02 Reply with quote Back to top

BadMrMojo wrote:
For the love of God, buy a real mouse. Smile

Available at any pet store near you.

Jump to: